Made Rich by Faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
[h=4]For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. (Psalm 9:18) [/h]

Poverty is a hard heritage; but those who trust in the Lord are made rich by faith. They know that they are not forgotten of God, and though it may seem that they are overlooked in His providential distribution of good things, they look for a time when all this shall be righted. Lazarus will not always lie among the dogs at the rich man's gate, but he will have his recompense in Abraham's bosom. Even now the Lord remembers His poor but precious sons, "I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me," said one of old, and it is even so.

The godly poor have great expectations. They expect the Lord to provide them all things necessary for this life and godliness; they expect to see things working for their good; they expect to have all the closer fellowship with their Lord, who had not where to lay His head; they expect His second advent and to share its glory. This expectation cannot perish, for it is laid up in Christ Jesus, who liveth forever, and because He lives, it shall live also. The poor saint singeth many a song which the rich sinner cannot understand. Wherefore, let us, when we have short commons below, think of the royal table above.

CH SPURGEON.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
So true phil. :)
(by the way, good to see you here again.)
It was when I had the least, that the richness of faith brought so many blessings.
I did not know what I lacked, for such things I did not need.
I felt closer to Jesus, God Our Father, than any other time.
Sometimes it seemed my feet never touched the ground, although a few of my friends might say Ive havnt yet. :)
Their nice way of saying Im a but spacey sometimes. :)
But the truth is, scripture speaks to a wealth in faith that is beyond any worldly wealth, and a love in Jesus that is rich and filled with a peace that is beyond understanding.
Thankyou for sharing this, and reminding me again, of the riches that hold the greatest value. :)

God bless
pickles

Sep 8, 2012
Boy, that Spurgeon could wrap a phrase around a thought.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
How we so often grasp for the balloons instead of the Balloon Vendor

Oct 31, 2011
Wonderful thought. I am doing a copy and paste of the meaning of shalom that seems to fit with this, it is shalom that the Lord gives us.

According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid.Luk 2:11 Today a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord, was born for you in the city of David.

Luk 2:12 This will be the sign for you: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in cloth and lying in a feeding trough."
Luk 2:13 Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:
Luk 2:14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to people He favors!