Making a break

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Labeling martial arts as "it's only martial arts". Is easy when you haven't done it from 14 to 33 years old. Training friends from different towns across country too, exercises I can do as I can't walk much because of physical pain. Helping others learn. You have missed the point. Now I'm starting from scratch with no friends, no exercise, I don't have any other friends. It's not like swapping chips for bread.

And I'll probably skip asking questions on here because all I get generally is criticism and not many answers. Just argumentative drivel. Oh, and I gave up drinking because I went to hospital, have arthritis in 3 places, may lose job and live in Britain.
Oh, and I live at home because I can't afford anything, and oh I've never gone with anyone. So don't assume I don't have rubbish to deal with, and oh and heart murmur, and oh been poisoned.

D

Depleted

Labeling martial arts as "it's only martial arts". Is easy when you haven't done it from 14 to 33 years old. Training friends from different towns across country too, exercises I can do as I can't walk much because of physical pain. Helping others learn. You have missed the point. Now I'm starting from scratch with no friends, no exercise, I don't have any other friends. It's not like swapping chips for bread.

And I'll probably skip asking questions on here because all I get generally is criticism and not many answers. Just argumentative drivel. Oh, and I gave up drinking because I went to hospital, have arthritis in 3 places, may lose job and live in Britain.
So basically it was your whole life, no particular reason to give it up, and now you have no idea what you're going to do? No. Really. It's just martial arts. That you only had friends while doing it is a problem, but it is still just martial arts. Go back to it, if that's your thing. You don't seem to have given it up for any particular reason, so why not? So much for this having something to do with God though.

(BTW, you're also whining to someone who became disabled at 44 and had to start all over again more than once. I didn't have a choice. You chose this. So really not getting the "problem" at all.)

D

Depleted

Oh, and I live at home because I can't afford anything, and oh I've never gone with anyone. So don't assume I don't have rubbish to deal with, and oh and heart murmur, and oh been poisoned.
New idea. Figure out what you can do for a living that affords you the opportunity to afford what you want out of life.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
So basically it was your whole life, no particular reason to give it up, and now you have no idea what you're going to do? No. Really. It's just martial arts. That you only had friends while doing it is a problem, but it is still just martial arts. Go back to it, if that's your thing. You don't seem to have given it up for any particular reason, so why not? So much for this having something to do with God though.

(BTW, you're also whining to someone who became disabled at 44 and had to start all over again more than once. I didn't have a choice. You chose this. So really not getting the "problem" at all.)
I didn't explain the reason for giving up very well. I was generalising about it taking from God through time, money and focus. Though the more I do it as I get older the more wrong I think it is as it becomes a way of life. I'm not like some people who can switch off after this sort of mentally influencing training. It permeates through most thoughts, for some, not all. So for some it's probably fine. But not for me as becoming a Sifu basically means running your own school. But I'm the sort of person who would write books on it and travel to different schools. That's not really accepting and living a Christian life, putting god 2nd.

And the friends lost are lost because we are so far away and it's a focal point for us. People overall in Britain tend to be loud drunk and immoral with not much in common with me. If I speak to people my age their busy, drunk, crooked or will just swear at you for bothering them. So activities are mostly the only way to meet "normal" people.
So a Sunday church service and a once a month coffee quiz is about the only time I see or talk to Christians etc. If I re-skill, at college, there's nothing there that seems useful or interesting. So I think you can see the issue of what to do. I have a job with drinking non-christan, crude males. So I kinda feel like I'm following Christ just winging it with a chunk of spare time. Just watching TBN or on here, Bible etc. Not much else. Spending time with God is good, but am I supposed to sit in a rocking chair with a bible. Whatever, suppose I wasted my time posting, and all of everyone elses expecting anyone to get what I was on about at the beginning. Sorry.

D

Depleted

I didn't explain the reason for giving up very well. I was generalising about it taking from God through time, money and focus. Though the more I do it as I get older the more wrong I think it is as it becomes a way of life. I'm not like some people who can switch off after this sort of mentally influencing training. It permeates through most thoughts, for some, not all. So for some it's probably fine. But not for me as becoming a Sifu basically means running your own school. But I'm the sort of person who would write books on it and travel to different schools. That's not really accepting and living a Christian life, putting god 2nd.

And the friends lost are lost because we are so far away and it's a focal point for us. People overall in Britain tend to be loud drunk and immoral with not much in common with me. If I speak to people my age their busy, drunk, crooked or will just swear at you for bothering them. So activities are mostly the only way to meet "normal" people.
So a Sunday church service and a once a month coffee quiz is about the only time I see or talk to Christians etc. If I re-skill, at college, there's nothing there that seems useful or interesting. So I think you can see the issue of what to do. I have a job with drinking non-christan, crude males. So I kinda feel like I'm following Christ just winging it with a chunk of spare time. Just watching TBN or on here, Bible etc. Not much else. Spending time with God is good, but am I supposed to sit in a rocking chair with a bible. Whatever, suppose I wasted my time posting, and all of everyone elses expecting anyone to get what I was on about at the beginning. Sorry.
You really don't listen well, do you?
Are you so totally unaware of spending time with God and ministering to others that you have to ask?

So, you go to church once a week, if that, and that is supposed to be your time with God and doing his will? You've got Christians there. In that very church. Find them. Become friends.

And you talk about people your age do nothing but drink? Hello? Not buying it! You said you were doing martial arts either for 33 years or until you were 33. (Didn't quite understand if you were talking how long you did it or if that's how old you were when you did it.) Clue! The rest of people your age, no matter how old you are, aren't spending their lives being drunk. They went off, got a job, fell in love, got married, or found some passion that wakes them up each morning. Meanwhile, you hide there thinking you know everyone your age.

AND, even if they all did get drunk, don't you think they could be ministered to to give them a reason to live other than getting drunk. "Minister" means something.

Sorry. Maybe you landed on the wrong site, but this IS a site called "Christian Chat" because that's who we are and what we do. Christians that chat. Not ethnical Christians. Born again Christians. (Although I doubt everyone on here is born again too.) So, yeah. Really. God is our life. He is our purpose.

And you kind of started with a good question and slowly lowered it to "this is what I want. I have no idea what I'm doing. But I'll blame it on God to look like I know why."

Again. You're missing something. I may be a woman, but I'm no lady specifically because I spent most of my life working with crude, non Christian guys. Not a problem. I liked them. They were fun in their own way. Never was because my faith is in God, I'm fully aware I live in a fallen world, and I'm no better than they are. I just have "saved" going for me because God did that for me.

I HAVE BEEN ASKING YOU FROM THE START WHY AREN'T YOU FOLLOWING AFTER GOD AND ACTUALLY MINISTERING TO OTHERS BECAUSE OF THAT? And each time you come back with poor-poor-pitiful-me. Unless you hear, you're right. You have wasted your time... and everyone else's.

If you do hear, then we can really start talking and come up with what you can do now. First step really does seem like you might want to not just sit with that Bible in your lap, but open it and read it. But before that I'm still trying to find out if you're done with your pity party yet?

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
You really don't listen well, do you?

So, you go to church once a week, if that, and that is supposed to be your time with God and doing his will? You've got Christians there. In that very church. Find them. Become friends.

And you talk about people your age do nothing but drink? Hello? Not buying it! You said you were doing martial arts either for 33 years or until you were 33. (Didn't quite understand if you were talking how long you did it or if that's how old you were when you did it.) Clue! The rest of people your age, no matter how old you are, aren't spending their lives being drunk. They went off, got a job, fell in love, got married, or found some passion that wakes them up each morning. Meanwhile, you hide there thinking you know everyone your age.

AND, even if they all did get drunk, don't you think they could be ministered to to give them a reason to live other than getting drunk. "Minister" means something.

Sorry. Maybe you landed on the wrong site, but this IS a site called "Christian Chat" because that's who we are and what we do. Christians that chat. Not ethnical Christians. Born again Christians. (Although I doubt everyone on here is born again too.) So, yeah. Really. God is our life. He is our purpose.

And you kind of started with a good question and slowly lowered it to "this is what I want. I have no idea what I'm doing. But I'll blame it on God to look like I know why."

Again. You're missing something. I may be a woman, but I'm no lady specifically because I spent most of my life working with crude, non Christian guys. Not a problem. I liked them. They were fun in their own way. Never was because my faith is in God, I'm fully aware I live in a fallen world, and I'm no better than they are. I just have "saved" going for me because God did that for me.

I HAVE BEEN ASKING YOU FROM THE START WHY AREN'T YOU FOLLOWING AFTER GOD AND ACTUALLY MINISTERING TO OTHERS BECAUSE OF THAT? And each time you come back with poor-poor-pitiful-me. Unless you hear, you're right. You have wasted your time... and everyone else's.

If you do hear, then we can really start talking and come up with what you can do now. First step really does seem like you might want to not just sit with that Bible in your lap, but open it and read it. But before that I'm still trying to find out if you're done with your pity party yet?
Sorry, only mentioned my other issues because you assumed I didn't have any real problems to deal with like losing a wife etc.

So it was to make you all aware of issues I have or am dealing with to not condescend to me as much. And you don't know where I live so don't think places are not very bad because your area may not be. I work days. The church's other activities are during working hours.

And I have very, very, very little experience of ministering to anyone. That's why this thread is a question.

I feel bad for putting you in a negative mood towards my point. But I got annoyed at your assumption. I shouldn't have got annoyed. Sorry. But it does help if people when reading a post from me, think bigger and less direct, to not limit to the words or assume too much about me or others. Thanks.

U

Ugly

Sorry, only mentioned my other issues because you assumed I didn't have any real problems to deal with like losing a wife etc.

So it was to make you all aware of issues I have or am dealing with to not condescend to me as much. And you don't know where I live so don't think places are not very bad because your area may not be. I work days. The church's other activities are during working hours.

And I have very, very, very little experience of ministering to anyone. That's why this thread is a question.

I feel bad for putting you in a negative mood towards my point. But I got annoyed at your assumption. I shouldn't have got annoyed. Sorry. But it does help if people when reading a post from me, think bigger and less direct, to not limit to the words or assume too much about me or others. Thanks.
Many in the Bible Discussion Forums are ...holes. If you post here keep expectations low. As in underground. People in here don't care about others, they care about kicking people who are down so they can give themselves the false sense of superiority over others. Even spiritually. While missing the utter hypocrisy of bragging on the grandness of their spiritual level and biblical knowledge. You can try posting in other areas of the forums. Many people refuse to step foot in the BDF because of the viciousness that takes place here. So you may have a chance to get some better people to help. But you can also expect a few from this pack of wolves to follow.

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
Many in the Bible Discussion Forums are ...holes. If you post here keep expectations low. As in underground. People in here don't care about others, they care about kicking people who are down so they can give themselves the false sense of superiority over others. Even spiritually. While missing the utter hypocrisy of bragging on the grandness of their spiritual level and biblical knowledge. You can try posting in other areas of the forums. Many people refuse to step foot in the BDF because of the viciousness that takes place here. So you may have a chance to get some better people to help. But you can also expect a few from this pack of wolves to follow.
Thanks, I've started to notice that too. But even in bdf the people go round in circles alot

Feb 28, 2016
Depleted and also a few of us have your #, and we really do Love you, and feel your pain and rejection,
and your questioning yourself and your past life...
that said, we all, each of us have many obstacles to over-come on a daily basis...health-wise,
Spiritual-wise, emotional wise, and just the everyday dealing with whatever comes up before us...

Knock, in honesty and trust and Love, and Jesus will open His Door for you to come through...

at your posted age, we should all who are reading your posts expect to hear you sharing a wealth
of knowledge from all of your experiences. we, my husband and myself would be honored to hear
what you can share with all of us that can make us appreciate some of the many of your life's
experiences that have made you a better person as you grew and learned from living and loving
the life that you have been blessed with...

D

Depleted

You go to church during working hours? Nice boss! Church activities? Meh! You go if you can, you don't if you can't. But no one knows how to minister until someone teaches them. So you find out who is doing what, ask to tag along because you want to find out if that's your gift, and listen to what they teach you. Oh, and you feel utterly lost the first few times until you get answers to questions you didn't even know you needed to ask. (One of mine was "What do I say to a kid who is in here for raping someone and I was raped?) And, if that's not it, then you find out what others are doing and try that. Somewhere in there ought to be something that works with your gifts. If it doesn't, figure out who you want to minister to, learn (this time from outside sources), and then have others interested join you.

And why are you annoyed at my assumptions? You're the one who thinks I've had an easy life, don't know what is like working with non Christian tough guys, no experience with addiction, and are even telling me now that where I live isn't bad. How would you know? Every time you tell me what I supposedly am, you're 180 degrees from what I really am.

Think bigger? You're the one stuck on one thing. I'm trying to get you to think bigger. And less directed? Sorry. Communications degree, not psychology degree. I say what I think. Never learned how to swaddle in bupkis. Didn't want to learn. How much bigger does it get but God?

D

Depleted

And Ugly's game is to call everyone else holes, pin it on everyone but him, and pretend he is in reality. He's actually so used to doing this he thinks this is BDF writing his mantra.

Dec 16, 2012
People in here don't care about others, they care about kicking people who are down so they can give themselves the false sense of superiority over others. Even spiritually. While missing the utter hypocrisy of bragging on the grandness of their spiritual level and biblical knowledge.

Hold your head up high, keep doing what Jesus expects of you and don't get caught up in anything shallow. Focus on what's worth it.

Feb 28, 2016
each of us have a 'duty', not only to ourselves, but to our brothers and sisters in Christ...

wake-up and put others before yourself, the rewards that will come you way will more
than make-up for your failings...