Making Friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FormerPooky

As a separated Christian man, I am finding it hard to make friends. I never had to do this when my wife and I were together. That was for 25 years. Truthfully. I DON'T KNOW how to make friends :( I am looking online for Christian men friendship, but all those are dating sites. I am still married and refuse to date. Does anyone know what I should be doing? I'm truthful when I say I do not have a clue on making Christian friends.

Z

zaoman32

I am the most introverted person you will ever meet but what I found out was this, as long as you're not willing to put yourself out there and make an effort, you will find no friends. Just start getting involved in things at church, some kind of ministry team, or small group, that is probably the best way to meet new people and make friends. And don't be afraid to just go up and introduce yourself to someone. Again though probably the best way is joining a ministry team or small group at church.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
What he said^^ Your church is a phenomenal place to meet people and develop friendships, you do however usually have to take the first step and get involved.

error

Oct 23, 2009
I never understand those couples who stop seeing their friends-just cause they have met 'the one'.

It is really hard to find new friends.
Idk, maybe try to befriend someone from CC. :)
I have done that. I've met two nice ppl from here.

I

intercessorginger

When I found myself "suddenly single" years ago I was truly confused about how to start living as a single person again and developing adult relationships. There are many "venues" that are obviously off limits for us so I looked to the Church. I did belong to a very larg congregation that had a good singles ministry (Thank God). There was also a "Christian Singles" activity group in the area that had events, such as cruises, dances, dinners and they were fun too. I actually met my current husband through a mutual friend but I the Chrisitan single events were fun and gave me a chance to meet lots of others who I am still friends with today.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Take up a sport perhaps. Cricket is a good one. Like baseball but a lot more strategic. :D

R

rauleetoe

As a separated Christian man, I am finding it hard to make friends. I never had to do this when my wife and I were together. That was for 25 years. Truthfully. I DON'T KNOW how to make friends :( I am looking online for Christian men friendship, but all those are dating sites. I am still married and refuse to date. Does anyone know what I should be doing? I'm truthful when I say I do not have a clue on making Christian friends.
If it is any consolation neighbor..i deal with very similar struggles. Yet i have not been married but i have been going through some considerable struggles personally and life changes that are things id rather not share with anybody. I have tried to make friends/brothers in the faith but sadly some who are of opposing beliefs on soteriology/denominations/etc have not been able to see past that, or we have too many arguments or I feel there will be no mutual respect. So lately, its been me and God..and a few female friends..but even then its been few. I wish to find male friends too, i find it a challenge. I do talk to an older brother at the church i am at, and we keep in touch about once a week..other than that the only other christian male i intentionally talk to would be my Pastor in all honesty. I am hoping for the same, and will be praying that you find some brothers to be there for you in your time of need.