male/female communication

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

I love you for using more words than I did, Ugly :D
Thats all it took? Wish i'd known that sooner. ;) Using more words, filler words, longer than Jullianna, do do do, lah de dah, Jullianna now loves me, woot woot. hahaha

Aug 29, 2012
Martian versus Vesuvian, translation needed. LOL!

Aug 2, 2009
I've spent a couple of days reading threads new and old, and I've noticed something. When the ladies post, we tend to use more words in an attempt to soften our meanings and responses. Guys don't seem to do this. They cut to the chase. When the ladies cut to the chase, it is sometimes perceived as snarky by readers, even if it wasn't intended as such.

Another thing I noticed is that women can say something and all of the ladies get it. A few posts later, one of the guys will say the same thing in one or two sentences and all of the sudden the guys get it too...like the guy just said the smartest thing ever. :)

Has anyone else noticed this? Why do you think this is?
Good questions. And if anyone actually has the true answers they are way ahead of the rest of us humans.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Also, it seems to me that Women do a lot more venting in posts than men do. Along with that comes the environment, back story, narrative and explanation. All this followed by a point and then later an apology for length or attitude.

If a man posts something long, it has to do with covering many points or covering bases against an attack. Sort of like shoring up a sound defense, when a perhaps controversial position has been taken.

Men and women also tend to do a little fishing in posts. They create posts which beg a certain kind of response, to that response is a pre-decided diatribe, which is in fact what the thread was about in the first place. But had the thread been titled as such, no response would have been given.

K

kayem77

I likI'm gettin nervous about posting now that everyone is analyzing posts :p.

J

Jullianna

LOL! I know, kayem! After Liamson's post, I may never post again :D

Oh..and I apologize!