MAN CREATED TO BECOME GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wdeaton65

Awesome I wil become a GOD boy my wife is going to hate that. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR are you kidding me IOG do you know a guy named domenic or perhaps satan I dont want to be GOD nor will anyone become GOD.

Where did you get this from. Never mind I know. Stop trying to quote henrew your dangerous but it is funny. Yeshau says we are judges not GOD every rabbi new what HE was talking about!!!!!!

E

Eccl12and13

What type of being is God?

What type of beings are angles?

BOTH are spirit beings! Let's prove this......

John 4
[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Heb.1
[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Now what does that mean to us? That both God and angels are made up of a different substance than mankind. We are flesh and blood beings. Let's prove this.....

Luke 24
[39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

So a spirit being does not have flesh and bones as we do...they do have substance, but they are not made of the same substance as human beings.

But are we made in the image of God or of angels? Let's read......

Exod.24
[10] And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
[11] And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

So the children could tell that God had hands and feet. Sounds like just like a flesh and blood human being. Now let's find descriptions of angels;

Isa.6
[2] Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Ezek.10
[5] And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.
[10] And as for their appearances, they four had one likeness, as if a wheel had been in the midst of a wheel.
[11] When they went, they went upon their four sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the head looked they followed it; they turned not as they went.
[12] And their whole body, and their backs, and their hands, and their wings, and the wheels, were full of eyes round about, even the wheels that they four had.
[13] As for the wheels, it was cried unto them in my hearing, O wheel.
[14] And every one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
[15] And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.

Clearly we human beings are made after the image of God and not angels.

Now let's read whether or not flesh and blood beings can enter into heaven.....

1 Cor.15
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So if a flesh and blood being cannot enter heaven, what did Jesus have to become in order to sit on the right hand of the Father in heaven? He had to go BACK to being a 'spirit' being!

Now let's read what WE will become if so blessed;

1 Cor.15
[42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
[43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
[44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
[48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Phil.3
[21] Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Notice what God's word tells us we will become above,

" It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."
"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly."
"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body

Now again.....what did Jesus have to be in order to go into heaven? He had to become a 'spirit' being. He had to again bear the image of the heavenly. Jesus had to be 'born again'! Let's prove this;

John 3
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

After Jesus died He had to become a 'spirit being' in order to sit at the right hand of the Father in heaven. And as we read above in 1 Cor.15, a flesh and blood being cannot enter into God's kingdom. So what had to happen to Jesus? He had to be reborn. He had to be made into a different substance....one that is not flesh and blood.

And what is Jesus? God! And what is God? A 'spirit' being!

And what are we to become if so blessed? A 'spirit' being! Our bodies will be fashioned like unto His glorious body!

Now let's read what will be available to us as 'spirit' beings;

Heb.2
[5] For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
[6] But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
[7] Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
[8] Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

For when we become as Christ, 'spirit beings', God's word tells us He will

"...
put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him...."

And let's read what else, 'born again spirit beings' will be able to do;

John 3
[8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Now let's read one more thing that will happen to all that will have the same spirit nature as God....those that will be born again as 'spirit beings';

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Now we know this is not speaking for those of us living now, because as we all know...we ALL sin!

But those that are so blessed to be '...changed in the twinkling of an eye...", "...born of the Spirit...", "...bear the image of the heavenly...", "...fashioned like unto His glorious body...", they WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIN because they will be born of God.

Now let's think about this for a moment;

God is a spirit being!

Man is to become a spirit being!

We are made in the image of God!

God WILL put all things in subjection under the hands of man when He becomes a spirit being!

God can go to and fro as the wind.

When Man becomes a spirit being he too will be able to go to and fro as the wind.

God cannot sin!

When man becomes a spirit being he will not be able to sin!

Now IOG said Man Created to Become God!

Sounds like he is correct!

Last edited:
K

kenisyes

God is a spirit being!
Man is to become a spirit being!
We are made in the image of God!

Even if your postulates are correct, your reasoning is flawed.
The dollar is money (In USA)
The quarter is money
Both have the image of George Washington.

Is does not follow that a quarter will buy as much as a dollar.

Men are not ever going to be spirit beings. We will rise with a body, as did Jesus. Jesus is the only man who is also God.

E

Eccl12and13

Men are not ever going to be spirit beings. We will rise with a body, as did Jesus.

Then what change is being spoken of below if not into spirit beings?

1 Cor.15
[42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
[43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
[44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
[48] As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[49] And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Phil.3
[21] Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1 John 3
[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

What type of body do you think is being spoken of above if not a spirit body?

There are ONLY (2) beings; "Spirit Beings", and "Flesh and Blood Beings"!

And seeing that God's word has already told us that 'flesh and blood' beings CANNOT enter into God's kingdom...that leaves only one other!

When Jesus rose from the dead He still had a flesh and blood body...He was NOT raised a 'spirit being'! Let's prove this.....

Luke 24
[39] Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

So how can we expect to rise with the same body as Jesus and yet enter into His kingdom?

At some point we know that Jesus was born again into a 'spirit being' otherwise He could not be sitting at the right hand of the Father in His kingdom.

And the scriptures go on to tell us those that are blessed will also have the same body as Christ;

Phil.3

So what do you mean when you claim, "
Men are not ever going to be spirit beings."?

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
eternal gardeners for the garden of Eden, NOT GOD.
This made me lol. hahaha I think what iog is saying sounds like Mormonism. I'm not going to say that in the future man won't be very powerful and have super fruity powers and all that, but man being God on the level of God? Eh...

Isaiah 42:8 "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Even the phrase 'become God' is a contradiction by definition alone.

B

BlessedLovedByGod

a very catchy title. im sure u know thats just an imagination
God created man for a higher purpose but not to be God.
They say Man created to replace Satan and his angels:
It is for God's praise, for God's glory, that we have been created (Is.60:21; Jn.17:10; 21:19; Rom.6:20; 9:23). This praise arises not only from us but through us, and does so at every stage of God's plan for our lives, at salvation, throughout our Christian lives, and in the glorious eternity to come:
By making us and by saving us through Christ, God shows His love and exposes the devil's lies. In us, in what He has done for us, the glory of God shines forth, and those who love Him cannot help but praise Him:
In Jesus we are certain of our blessed eternal destiny – as long as we maintain our position in Him with unwavering faith (Jn.15:1-8; Rom.11:17-24).[SUP](3)[/SUP] For He is the only way back to paradise.

K

kenisyes

Then what change is being spoken of below if not into spirit beings?
A spirit being is not a spirit body. A spirit being has no body. When a prophet, or the elders, etc., saw God with a body, they saw what their physical brain required them to see. God is spirit.

1 Cor.15
In Greek, it is as my commentary says. It is the quality of the body which changes, from theat which is governed by natural soul (psuchikos) to that which is governed by spirit (pneumatikos). It is still a body (soma).
Jesus is God. That makes Him a spirit compared to Adam.

Phil.3
His body is physical. He ate fish. We will have a physical body too.
1 John 3
[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

What type of body do you think is being spoken of above if not a spirit body?
Again, it is a physical body responding to spirit, rather than to nature.

There are ONLY (2) beings; "Spirit Beings", and "Flesh and Blood Beings"!
What's a stone? Or a plant? Those are other kinds of beings.

And seeing that God's word has already told us that 'flesh and blood' beings CANNOT enter into God's kingdom...that leaves only one other!
Do you mean John 3:5? That does not say "flesh and blood beings", it says "that which is born of flesh and blood". We get a new birth by Sprit when we get saved.
When Jesus rose from the dead He still had a flesh and blood body...He was NOT raised a 'spirit being'! Let's prove this.....

Luke 24

So how can we expect to rise with the same body as Jesus and yet enter into His kingdom?
Because you misquoted the Scripture that says we cannot. By your logic, Jesus couldn't enter it either.

At some point we know that Jesus was born again into a 'spirit being' otherwise He could not be sitting at the right hand of the Father in His kingdom.
That follows from your assumptions, which involve several mistranslations.
And the scriptures go on to tell us those that are blessed will also have the same body as Christ;

Mar 15, 2013
first God made man in His physical image Genesis 1:26-28

[SUP]26 [/SUP]And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth God made man to have dominion over all His creation. God gave man responsibility
God gave us a shadow of his intellectual ability; a portion of his ability to search into a matter and learn by what we find and then to exercise qualities toward those things, such as justice and mercy by love.

We see in the lower animals that they have some small degree of similar capabilities which vary greatly among their kinds, but man is able to grow in that capacity by following after God in his spirit.

Does that mean God made us to be him? No, no more than we teach our child so that they can be us. Our child can image us if that child grasps the spirit of our views towards what is the course of everything we perceive as good. Similarly, we can image God by following after his righteousness, seeking to get our own understanding out of the way that we might learn his righteousness.

You know how hard it is to teach a child that thinks he or she already knows. Luke 6:25 "Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep."

This is the problem with man-made religion. It teaches that it already knows. It is already full so what is there left to learn?

We must gather together in love to share encouragement to the faith of each other and to receive encouragement to our own faith.

But the word "religion" in the Bible strictly means "ceremonial observance" and then we make the mistake of committing those observances as laws with which to judge and destroy those that God would have to be saved. Our flesh does that and in so doing we violate the spirit of his love for all, all the while thinking that we are honoring God.

This is all evident in Romans chapter 14.

For example, we argue about whether we should observe a weekly Sabbath as the Old Law commanded. Those who say yes hate those who say no and those who say no hate those who say yes. Why? Fear based mechanical observance which is what the word "religion" implies, ceremonial observance.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Romans 14:4 "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself."

E

Eccl12and13

"Then what change is being spoken of below if not into spirit beings?"

A spirit being is not a spirit body. A spirit being has no body. When a prophet, or the elders, etc., saw God with a body, they saw what their physical brain required them to see. God is spirit.

First....let's not make up scripture! Where in God's word does it say what you claim; "God is spirit"?

The bible tells us the following;

John 4
[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The bible tells us that God is A spirit! Not God is spirit!

The scriptures says this for a reason. Because God is a spirit being...just as angels are spirit beings. This does not mean they have no bodies, or look like Casper, or that you can see through them. They are spirit beings and we are flesh beings. Terms to differentiate the (2) beings.

Next...let's read scripture for more facts;

Gen.32
[24] And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
[25] And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
[26] And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
[27] And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
[28] And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
[29] And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
[30] And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Now who is this 'man' that Jacob wrestled? Who was this 'man' that was able to dislocate Jacob's thigh? Who was this 'man' that was able to BLESS Jacob? Who was this man that was able to rename Jacob to Israel? And who was this 'man' that Jacob said he saw, "face to face"?

If a spirit does not have a body, then what was the mass Jacob wrestles with?

You also claim the following;

"
We get a new birth by Spirit when we get saved."

To which I must ask, Can you go to and fro as the wind and not be seen? This is what Jesus said will be able to be done by those that have been truly born of the Spirit!

Also...is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to ever sin again? This too is a characteristic of one that has been born of God...one that is now a spirit being and a part of the family of God.

If you cannot do these things which God's word says those which are born of the spirit can do, then you have NOT been given the birth by the spirit.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

First....let's not make up scripture! Where in God's word does it say what you claim; "God is spirit"?

John 4

The scriptures says this for a reason. Because God is a spirit being...just as angels are spirit beings. This does not mean they have no bodies, or look like Casper, or that you can see through them. They are spirit beings and we are flesh beings. Terms to differentiate the (2) beings.

Gen.32
[24] And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
[25] And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
[26] And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
[28] And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
[29] And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
[30] And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Now who is this 'man' that Jacob wrestled? Who was this 'man' that was able to dislocate Jacob's thigh? Who was this 'man' that was able to BLESS Jacob? Who was this man that was able to rename Jacob to Israel? And who was this 'man' that Jacob said he saw, "face to face"?

"

To which I must ask, Can you go to and fro as the wind and not be seen? This is what Jesus said will be able to be done by those that have been truly born of the Spirit!

Also...is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to ever sin again? This too is a characteristic of one that has been born of God...one that is now a spirit being and a part of the family of God.

If you cannot do these things which God's word says those which are born of the spirit can do, then you have NOT been given the birth by the spirit.

God is spirit, i have met him twice and both times he was in spirit

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
God is spirit.
There is no indefinite article (a) in the Greek.

T

Tintin

Ecc, by the way, it's 'angels', not 'angles'. Angles are something you use in mathematics, angels are heavenly beings.

K

kenisyes

John 4

As crossnote corrected you, there is no A in Greek. It says pneuma ho theos. If it were genitive, ther might be a question, but it is pure nominative.

Gen.32

If God says it was a man, why can't you believe what God says? We know what a man is, and a man is not a spirit. Is it just because Jacob says he saw God? I see God in the sunrise, does that make the sun a spirit? We can see God in each other. God was certainly there at the time; the event simply opened Jacob's eyes.

"

In my spirit, I do go to and for as the wind. I have a spirit, but that is not all that I am, as I have a body and soul also. The work of the spirit in the passage you quote is to have an effect on me, not to turn me into something I am not.

In terms of the OP, we will some day be like God in certain respects, such as living forever. We will never actually BE God.

Where is your Scripture to support this? I find contradictions, like I John 1:8.

But God's word does not say them. Your first sentence says "let's not make up Scripture" but that is what you are doing.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Sounds like, does it taste like, does it feel like, it hears like, and how does it smell, and in touching it hmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is all the five senses of the flesh and blood, so I conclude nope not true it sounds good but not of the Spirit
Now all you posted is of the Spirit and is available today for new life in the spirit by the resurrection of christ back at the cross of Christ by belief read Romans 6 from verse one onward pay close attetion to 6:11 is a key to unlock the mystery that is found only in Christ and reveasled tothe ones that beleive here and now