mark 16 17-18 fascinating sings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

We see lots of instances of casting out demons, tongues are evident in the book of acts, paul was bitten by a venemous snake, but where is the deadly drink? Laying on of hands we also see happen. Where some of these or all of them special signs they weren't going to be repeated continually?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
...but where is the deadly drink? Laying on of hands we also see happen. Where some of these or all of them special signs they weren't going to be repeated continually?
The deadly drink was probably seen somewhere along the way, but not everything was recorded. These signs were for the apostolic age, and there was a reason why God performed miracles to confirm that the Gospel was truly from God. This is revealed in Hebrews 2:3,4 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Paul also spoke of the "signs of an apostle" to indicate that this was for the apostolic period. Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. (2 Cor 12:12)

Today, the preaching of the true and full Gospel with the Holy Spirit using it is sufficient, and millions have been saved without seeing signs, and wonders, and miracles. At the same time, if God believes they are necessary in a certain situation, He will certainly show His power behind the Gospel.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

We see lots of instances of casting out demons, tongues are evident in the book of acts, paul was bitten by a venemous snake, but where is the deadly drink? Laying on of hands we also see happen. Where some of these or all of them special signs they weren't going to be repeated continually?
Some churches in the Appalachians used to drink poison.I don't know if any still do.
I will say this also.This is an accurate verse .I can testify to it myself.

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

But if you are not 100 percent sure that you have received the holy spirit,I would advize against it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:17-18, 20‬ ‭

“how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭2:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭8:16-18‬ ‭

It’s not that anything from God ceased any gifts but that people have parted from his doctrine where all the power came from the church is not at all what it was then

“And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:43‬ ‭KJV‬‬