Mark Driscoll Resigns!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I wonder if he is planning to start a new church. I also wonder if Driscoll posted n CC under an alias??

Mark Driscoll, top megachurch pastor, resigns - CNN.com

"In a statement, Mars Hills' board of overseers said Driscoll hadn't committed any acts of "immorality, illegality or heresy" -- sins that have felled many a powerful pastor.

Instead, the board said, Driscoll is guilty of "arrogance, responding to conflict with a quick temper and harsh speech, and leading the staff and elders in a domineering manner."

Driscoll was not asked to leave, the board added, saying they were "surprised" to receive his resignation letter."

djness

May 16, 2014
Well there is one person here I know who is probably dancing in the streets at this news.

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
Sad, yet it seems like it was something that needed to be done. It's just a sad situation all around. He had good sermons, I've listened to quite a few on my iPad. From what I've read his church helped to bring a lot of people to Christ in an area that isn't very religious. Plus his theology seemed to be pretty solid for such a famous pastor (no crazy prosperity gospel garbage). It's a shame that it all went to his head (I'm guessing that's what happened).

inge

Jun 23, 2012
This sort of things remind me that judgement start at the house of God.
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1 Petr 4:17

Leaders bear a great responsibility.