Marraige Separation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I have read And reread scripture pertaining to divorce but wonder sometimes if we are bound to live by the law or depend on Gods grace and forgiveness in certain. Situations.
Hello Debra, Are you asking whether God understands all of the tyranny of the urgent in your life by way of this question? Why wouldn't He? If by way of the severity of your experience, are you asking if He may allow compromise on certain decrees He has placed forth in His Word for your special case? Is it just that you don't want to hurt God's feelings,paralleling Him to your own importance or is it you place Him as the authority and don't want to sin?

In that moment of wonderment were you humbly looking up to see Gods answers about your despair or looking outwardly to reasoning on the issue? And by the way, being real with God is necessary, you are hurt and confused, and angry, and feelings are running a coarse of action, God doesn't want you to flower that up. Ask in just such a real way in describing your plight.. God wants to answer your questions. He wants to direct you thru the Holy Spirit, but owes you nothing in way of your unwillingness to submit to His ways over a better Logical way. The realness works both ways, this is a relationship after all. You are the branch He is Divine, or something like that smile.

You have been thru a lot from what you said. But God knows all about it. And you know of His character and desire for you right? And you believe He is capable and willing to Help you right? And the marriage He wants you to honor and He as well, for He says, What he has put together let no man put asunder. I trust you have given your concerns to God. But have you given your faithfulness to God in those concerns? And then have you faithfully tapped out your seeking after His ways and resources in it? Not by specific issues alone but from a heart base change in both parties. The supernatural redirection of both parties? Are you yourself pliable to God? Or Have you come to step aside from Him and debate the value of Him in the specifics? This deflates Gods power in you. And gives no cause for Him to turn toward you.

You want God? God is all and in all, He has allowed a crisis in front of you to have you surrender your right to yourself in reasoning and fall at His mercy. This will turn His head and resources toward you. God is faithful to all, and He may work in your marriage in anyway He deems fit regardless of your faithfulness to HIm. But God says if you remain in me and my Word remains in you ask whatever you wish and it will be given. You know God wants your marriage to work, the 'will' of both of you is a player too, but if you are looking to save your marriage do it with all your strength, without doubt in God.

To ask for the answer, are you also ready to be the answer as well? I sense you understand God will require obedience, but you are debating the need vs. the cost to you. Walk thru the cost in it with God, commit to traveling thru it. and be real about your heart over it. God will not let you fall. He will empower as you take yourself out and put God before you. Maybe you want out of the marriage,maybe you are mad at God, maybe you don't trust God completely...simply..... Tell God that , and make up your mind to surrender to Him all of it....This is where you are still...He will explain His point of view from that real starting point, He will provide answers in His timing as well.. Just obey Him as He describes His point of view. All things work out for good who love the Lord. If you love me you will obey my commandments.The Word is alive thru the Holy Spirit have your soul know His Spirit well. Read sure, but pray! Pray! Pray! again with every ounce of strength in you. God bless you but if you feel the marriage is over anyway, let God reconsider that in you He is that powerful. He can make love real again not pretentious.

Last edited:

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Faithfulness to me here is not in seeing whether it is appropriate or not to send a person back into the abuse-ridden relationship of a breaking marriage, to compartmentalize the merits of disaster to qualify our answers based on analyzing percentages of pros and cons toward an issue of abuse or drinking or anything outside of the potential of God Himself. it is in asking for the miracle- giver to do His stuff....In you first, and in him as well, and in the marriage filled with real life abuse and heart-felt turmoil. To ask for love lost is nothing short of a miracle. These, I rest assured, you know thru experiential treatment that this is now a miracle marriage.

But Faithfulness is saying, "Well God, I don't see it now [that's the real part], change is needed immediately, but regardless of the level of need and my understanding of your answer I know you want to help our marriage, and you want me to apply myself to it as well, I know you don't want me to settle for unhappiness in the long run but I understand it may take yet a short run of grind to stay in keeping with my vow to you and him, i now know what I ought to do, and you say you will have my back, and altho I have suffered actual physical harm in which you are unpleased with I know you will involve yourself in it, keep me safe Lord as I place my left move and right move in your hands.

I see no cracks yet in him toward you, I see no you yet in the tyranny of the urgent in my life save one thing: my surrender to you. Crack me wide open and be apart of his change, see if there be anything in me keeping me from surrendering and I will surrender it. His change I cannot control nor should I try I know that even tho it is hard to not be in the moment, help me be in the moment in you, I place my hope in things promised and not yet seen, my prayers for him will light up the skies of heaven toward the miraculous changes necessary to stay together..[are you able to believe this yet?] it's necessary to be 'real' here. Simply ask Him for help in that....

"Help me to turn my doubts and pain into the testimony of your glory, by my submission the world is now watching you and not me or him. Show your depth, and width, and length, and height of the power of your love- to me and my husband, and the world itself; and altho this didn't start as a prayer in my thinking it has ended in one . Thank you Father for real change in all of it."

See how it changed from solving a problem with God on hand to simply knowing a God? In the miracle business we only get in His way and muddy up the place. It is God Himself thru our relationship with Jesus that the miracle your marriage will be seen to be Gods glory and not your survival or rationale for failure., Things can happen in failure of a marriage, none of which God can't work in to change but ultimately it is up to our wills, and in a marriage where two become one this is an individual choice in this relationship; and before God in way of His judgement of each ones obedience. Miracles He knows about, for the really tough problems as well as the easy ones He's your God! I pray you let God make this man your man as well, I get the trench work of it, but I also have experienced God's miraculous work too. My marriage ended as well after 29 years. But God only lifted me thru it all. You can't control him only you!

D

DebraH

Wow Slave just the words I know God Jehovah directed you to say. Means so much to me. Thank you.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
God really does care about this more than we want to admit because we get busy trying to get thru it, survive it, not fall apart because of it. But He wants us to let go of it and give it to Him, absolutely and completely- this puts Him in charge but we feel vulnerable-- scary stuff!!. And when we do we do it again and again and again, thru the process two things result: you gain peace and the Marriage has His attention. Anytime God is looking at something He does things. Again, not to say He isn't faithful to all, regardless of our submission, but when we delight the heart of God He always looks. You're very welcome, I thank God right along with you! I am in prayer still....

Last edited:
D

DebraH

Thank you so much for taking your time and share these thoughts and beliefs. I will do as you say. Put it in his hands.

A

amylynne

yes God wants you to happy ! Moving on is hard ! it takes time to find that happiness and make sure it is right , right with the lord and for you . Often people make mistakes by moving in too fast after a bad relationship. I am guilty of this I though oh this is a great man he works hard he is honest good looking and it all you want but sometimes its all a lie and sometimes it takes years to come out. It sounds like you spouse had issues with lie and abuse .
If you are still with the boyfriend I would attend couple counseling with him and learn all you about him ( i know that sounds terrible )ask everyone to tell you all they know . thing like a detective . and if does not add up then he is not worth your time. honest people in general are hard to find . yes I am a bitter but I do have hope hope to find are good christian men out there .
If I would of done this before I married him it ( the marrage)never would of happened. For you if God wants it to it will be and not he will lead you to what you deserve a better man than your husband.

B

BarlyGurl

>>>>yes God wants you to happy<<<<
NOWHERE does it say this in the bible. It does however say God wants us to be HOLY... and to find happiness in HIM.

D

DebraH

Good advice. Thank you.