Marriage in the church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
So uhhhhhhhhhh let's say I've noticed something a lil bit weird?? πŸ˜πŸ€·πŸ½πŸ˜…....so here goes
So I've noticed that uhh women in the church that are let's say independent, by that I mean mentally independent, having their own dreams ideas and opinions are mostly single for a looooooong time and i dont know 🀷🏽 sometimes they dont get married
The question here is ARE CHRISTIAN BROTHERS INTIMIDATED BY SUCH WOMEN?
I like intelligent women, I love them πŸ’―πŸ˜so from my point of view it's a little weird and disturbing too when I hear Christian brothers say they want to marry a lady that is submissive to the point that she doesn't have a mind of her own πŸ˜·πŸ˜‘
So I'll ask the question again πŸ˜…
ARE CHRISTIAN BROTHERS INTIMIDATED BY SUCH WOMEN IN THE CHURCH

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Interesting question... for me, the answer is no. Women who are, as you say, 'independent thinkers' are more likely to take responsibility for their own situations and actions, which is the essence of being an adult. A few are independent to the point of being cacti. Such women aren't intimidating; they're just not attractive.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
So uhhhhhhhhhh let's say I've noticed something a lil bit weird?? πŸ˜πŸ€·πŸ½πŸ˜…....so here goes
So I've noticed that uhh women in the church that are let's say independent, by that I mean mentally independent, having their own dreams ideas and opinions are mostly single for a looooooong time and i dont know 🀷🏽 sometimes they dont get married
I like intelligent women, I love them πŸ’―πŸ˜so from my point of view it's a little weird and disturbing too when I hear Christian brothers say they want to marry a lady that is submissive to the point that she doesn't have a mind of her own πŸ˜·πŸ˜‘
What a bunch of bs. Uhhhh, I don't know of any 'christian brothers' saying they want to marry a woman that is so submissive they don't have a mind of their own. But, you apparently want a woman who thinks like this. As you say, you like intelligent women. Uhh You're the man for that woman...right?

Quantrill

What a bunch of bs. Uhhhh, I don't know of any 'christian brothers' saying they want to marry a woman that is so submissive they don't have a mind of their own. But, you apparently want a woman who thinks like this. As you say, you like intelligent women. Uhh You're the man for that woman...right?

Quantrill
We come from different communities, we definitely haven't come across the same set of people
I'm talking from what I've seen, so calling it a bunch of bs well 🀷🏽🀷🏽 you have your reason for calling it that
Stay blessed brother πŸ˜‡

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
We come from different communities, we definitely haven't come across the same set of people
I'm talking from what I've seen, so calling it a bunch of bs well 🀷🏽🀷🏽 you have your reason for calling it that
Stay blessed brother πŸ˜‡
Indeed we do come from different culture. People are people. You see the same things in all sorts of people.

And I am talking from what I have seen and see. What is bs is your presenting the woman you like, and that you're the man for that woman. Uhhh, it's like reading in the first grade. Free the bounded woman from her Christian overlords.

I am not so quick to use the term 'brother' as you.

Quantrill

Indeed we do come from different culture. People are people. You see the same things in all sorts of people.

And I am talking from what I have seen and see. What is bs is your presenting the woman you like, and that you're the man for that woman. Uhhh, it's like reading in the first grade. Free the bounded woman from her Christian overlords.

I am not so quick to use the term 'brother' as you.

Quantrill
Hahahah "Free the bounded woman from her Christian overlords " πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i will say i've read some pretty "out there" ideas from men on forums about the womenz.

fortunately, my christian brothers at my local fellowships were always gentlemen and appreciated any time i had suggestions/ideas. if they were ever intimidated by me, they never vocalized it.

i will say i've read some pretty "out there" ideas from men on forums about the womenz.

fortunately, my christian brothers at my local fellowships were always gentlemen and appreciated any time i had suggestions/ideas. if they were ever intimidated by me, they never vocalized it.
That's great
πŸ˜‡

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I would want the mother of my Children to be smarter then your average woman.. I would never want a ditz to be the mother of my children..

But a woman can be both intelligent and submissive at the same time.. An wise woman can give wonderful advice to her husband but at the same time accept that her husbands decision is final.. In the end it should not be about her submitting to her husband because she thinks He is superior to her.. She should do it because she is a Christian woman who trusts in the teachings of God.. She should do it out of her love and trusting Christ..

Interesting question... for me, the answer is no. Women who are, as you say, 'independent thinkers' are more likely to take responsibility for their own situations and actions, which is the essence of being an adult. A few are independent to the point of being cacti. Such women aren't intimidating; they're just not attractive.
πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―