Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nev

Marriage has been coming up alot round me recently. (weird for a 17 yr old i know) But does anyone else get annoyed by people which only attend church 3 times in their life. Baptism, Marriage & Funeral. Do you think you should only really be able to get married in church and things like that if it's at your regular local church? It'll encourage people to come but naff a load of other people off. Just want your opinion. Thanks :)

J

Jullianna

There are so many forces in play today trying to take God out of marriage and make it nothing more than a legally binding piece of paper. I'm thankful for couples who understand that marriage doesn't exist unless God is a part of it, so I would not want to discourage anyone from marrying in the church, whether they are members or not. Besides, it's a tremendous opportunity for the Pastor to share Christ not only with the bride and groom, but their unchurched guests as well. That's not an opportunity we should pass up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SoulMedic

You got to consider the lives of these people. Between a full time job and sleep, that takes up most of their hours right there. Then relaxing and family time, that leaves almost no time left for anything else. Added to that, they might not be of any of the denomination of the churches in the area, so they don't feel right in any other church than their own.