marriange in God's eyes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hellobacky

Hi,everyone,

Do you really believe that God will guid you to encounter your Mr./Ms.Right?I heard some testimony that how Lord guide them to their Right ,but very few.What i see around me mostly is that they find by themselves and God is not involed in.It seems for me God cares more about our SPIRITUAL maturity than our private thing like marriage.It's like parents care more about their children's homework than their's happiness. I know in mind that God is good for us ,prepare for us,but in heart,but i dont have much faith that He can send someone at right time in unexpected way unless we do by ourselves.It seems He also restrict in such a situation such like girls are much more than boys or some restriction from ourselves. (Of course, in theory,it's not correct). But it seems true because around me,there are so many girls who are still single at very old age. Even our worldly parents care more about it than Lord. Will He give us marraige untill we are PERFECT?But how come that can happen?

I saw many made mistakes where they got heart-broken with christian one and finally marry with non-christian.How God guide them? Of coure,it;s man's mistake.But how come He made it happen? Only to show that He is right and how important to listen to Him

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
I think it's important to talk to God about this but also do your part. You can't pray for God to help you meet the right man and then never leave the house. Unless you surf the net, of course. :p

Aug 27, 2011
God provide us with everything that we need. He said ask and it shall be given, seek and you shall fine ,and knock and it shall be open. So, what ever we need whether a husband or a wife, we have to commit it to GOD in prayers. We shall also remember that we have to play our own part because there is no food for a lazy man.
Finally, I will say Yes, God guide us to meet our Mr/Mrs Right.

U

Ugly

Firstly there is no evidence that there is a specific individual who is right for you. The bible does not support that concept. So no, God will not lead you to 'the one'. But God can lead us to someone good for us. Could be that many aren't ready and unless they just go out and do things on their own without waiting on God, they may not get married young. There is nothing in the bible stating marriage has anything to do with age. Its only culture that dictates getting married young. In reality, waiting til you're older to get married increases the likelihood you marriage will last.
I've wanted to be married all my life, but as i look back in retrospect, and am honest with myself, if i had been married sooner i'd also likely been divorced as well. Its really only been recently that i feel i have an understanding of marriage and divorce. I thought i understood before, but now i realize i didn't know much at all. A lot of people think they're ready for marriage when they don't have the first clue about being married.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Firstly there is no evidence that there is a specific individual who is right for you. The bible does not support that concept. So no, God will not lead you to 'the one'.
Genesis 24 1-24 (abbreviated) ~ Let the maiden to whom I shall say, 'Pray let down your jar that I may drink,' and who shall say, 'Drink, and I will water your camels' --let her be the one whom thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac. By this I shall know that thou hast shown steadfast love to my master."
Before he had done speaking, behold, Rebekah came out with her water jar upon her shoulder.
Then the servant ran to meet her, and said, "Pray give me a little water to drink from your jar."
She said, "Drink, my lord"; and she quickly let down her jar upon her hand, and gave him a drink.
When she had finished giving him a drink, she said, "I will draw for your camels also, until they have done drinking."

The bible does say, "the one whom Thou hast appointed." Now, I'm not saying that there is definitely somebody for everybody. Because I don't really think there is.
But I think there could be somebody for somebody... all things are possible with God, or so I hear. ;)

G

GreenNnice

Well said, pop.click! :)

The One can be out there for us, just won't be there until we are ready in our,life for them cuz God won't show them up for us.
God wants the best for us and IF we aren't ready(financial ability, spiritual maturity, etc) for our One, then that IS best for us.

Phil. 4:13

Ug, is right too, we should be proactive too because I personally think more than 'One' is out there because our free will choices make us,miss someOne who would have been perfect for us.

Combination of God's timing and our stepping out on faith is the two-edged sword that we need to be attuned to.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ugly

Genesis 24 1-24 (abbreviated) ~ Let the maiden to whom I shall say, 'Pray let down your jar that I may drink,' and who shall say, 'Drink, and I will water your camels' --let her be the one whom thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac. By this I shall know that thou hast shown steadfast love to my master."
Before he had done speaking, behold, Rebekah came out with her water jar upon her shoulder.
Then the servant ran to meet her, and said, "Pray give me a little water to drink from your jar."
She said, "Drink, my lord"; and she quickly let down her jar upon her hand, and gave him a drink.
When she had finished giving him a drink, she said, "I will draw for your camels also, until they have done drinking."

The bible does say, "the one whom Thou hast appointed." Now, I'm not saying that there is definitely somebody for everybody. Because I don't really think there is.
But I think there could be somebody for somebody... all things are possible with God, or so I hear. ;)
OK, but there being some instances in the bible for individuals still does not support the Mr/s. Right/Soulmate/The One/Somebody for everybody/etc.. Concept... which is what i'm actually referring to. I said that the bible does not teach those concepts.

A

AnandaHya

Hi,everyone,

Do you really believe that God will guid you to encounter your Mr./Ms.Right?I heard some testimony that how Lord guide them to their Right ,but very few.What i see around me mostly is that they find by themselves and God is not involed in.It seems for me God cares more about our SPIRITUAL maturity than our private thing like marriage.It's like parents care more about their children's homework than their's happiness. I know in mind that God is good for us ,prepare for us,but in heart,but i dont have much faith that He can send someone at right time in unexpected way unless we do by ourselves.It seems He also restrict in such a situation such like girls are much more than boys or some restriction from ourselves. (Of course, in theory,it's not correct). But it seems true because around me,there are so many girls who are still single at very old age. Even our worldly parents care more about it than Lord. Will He give us marraige untill we are PERFECT?But how come that can happen?

I saw many made mistakes where they got heart-broken with christian one and finally marry with non-christian.How God guide them? Of coure,it;s man's mistake.But how come He made it happen? Only to show that He is right and how important to listen to Him
being single is not the end of the world....Paul was single and chose NOT to marry.

if you want to see what the BIBLE says about it here are some verses...

1 Corinthians 7
32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. 33 But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. 34 There is[a] a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. 35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.