matching?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I suppose being single means you more likely to observe couples and see if they are well matched or not.

what do you notice?

I notice these things

policemen tend to go with nurses
business owners go with secretary/admin types
lawyers go with lawyers and form partnerships (the wife lawyer then usually gives up practicing when she has children and hires a nanny)
artists go with those who can make money i.e publicists, events managers, agents
accountants count money with other accountants
farmers go with homemakers who can bake, preserve and shear
hairdressers tend to go with butchers or plumbers or electricians
pastors often go with musicians
football players go with cheerleaders or models

I always thought a beneficial relationship would be librarian with caretaker or property manager or cabinet maker!

Just being pragmatic

I dont know if dustman and cleaner is a good match
or funeral director and midwife

people used to consult zodiac signs to see if they were compatible but who can be bothered figuring out all those horoscope things. lol

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
How interesting. I never really thought about the matching thing really. Sort of just took it for granted but it's true many times those pairs you mentioned seem to be drawn to each other.
Cooks and waitresses seem to couple up a lot. At least back when I was in the food service industry .
Oddly enough anyone I've ever been with was in a completely different profession than I was.
What's really odd too is that by appearance as well,we were complete opposites.
LoL ahhh the zodiac.
So many ppl still ask me what my sign is ... I'm like is this 1970? 🤣

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I'm wondering if many of those matches are commonly seen together because those jobs and professions often work together, so it's only natural that you'd be with someone you already spend a great deal of time with.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
but arent workplace romances kind of cliche.
and awkward for everyone lol

If you are a princess you are kind of expected to marry a prince even if he may be your second cousin, and then everyone's shocked should you choose someone who has no title.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
"Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match
Find me a find, catch me a catch..."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If anyone asks you what your sign is say you can speak in tongues.