Mathew

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

God is awesome.

• Total voters

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Oh ok. :) but will mods close us up?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Oh ok. :) but will mods close us up?

No they won't. They aren't that picky about topics going to a certain chat room.

I'm sorry I'm behind again in the study

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
I just finished Matt 20 -

We should be thankful for our trials & blessings from The Lord. Because the first will ask why the last receive the same Goodness as they. We all receive The Lord's blessings equally & we should not be jealous of our brothers' or sisters' rewards.

34*So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

Recently a young guy in church received a blessing from The Lord & he was able to hear clearly when before he could not hear well & struggled constantly. In this verse & in Giovanni's (the young guy) blessing I see a lesson. We are given our senses to learn with and we should use our senses to praise Him... To hear Him to see His works.
We have these senses for a reason & those who do not would likely use them to praise The Lord so much more joyously than many with all their senses. & if you struggle with any of your senses, than perhaps The Lord wants to tell you something?

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Matt 21 - This chapter made me sad and angry. This chapter speaks of Christs frustration with the old teachers.

12*And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13*And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

The parable is awesome.

Matthew 21:33-41 :D

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Matt 21 - This chapter made me sad and angry.

12*And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13*And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

The parable is awesome.

Matthew 21:33-41 :D

T

thefightinglamb

I just wanted to let you all know that I have been keeping up on reading. Today is now the 22nd chapter. I have been procrastinating posting because I have been dealing with some issues.

God bless
tony

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
I'm up with Matthew 24 Our Savior gives us the parable of figs. So we may be ready when summer is coming.

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Mattew 25 done :) Hmm this is a lot of teaching in 1 chapter. Parables make it lots easier to remember or teach. :D

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Matthew 26... Its the first time I ever read it. Its scarring and I'm glad it is.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Matthew Chp. 27

I think this is one of the saddest stories I've ever read. Judas hanged himself because he realized that he had betrayed an innocent man. Don't you think Jesus would have forgiven Judas if he had repented of his betrayal?

I wonder if Judas did all this as a way of trying to force Jesus to seize power over the Romans. Obviously, Judas never understood what Jesus was saying and teaching during His ministry on earth. I think Judas thought that Jesus was dragging his feet and just needed some pressure to perform the way Judas thought He should. May we never think we know exactly what God's agenda is to the point of trying to run things our own way.

Judas felt remorse but that isn't the same thing as repentance. Paul says in 2 Cor 7:10 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." (Quest Study Bible)

27:25 "...His blood is on us and on our children". Actually, His blood is on all of us because we have all sinned. His death was a sacrifice for past, present, and future sinners.

27:46 QSB "Did God actually forsake Jesus? The divine and human natures of Jesus were never separated, even during the ccrucifixion. Yet, it is clear, difficult as it is to explain, that Jesus' intimate fellowship with God the Father was temporarily broken as he took the sin of the entire world on himself. Jesus quoted the words of Psalm 22, which begins with despair but ends with renewed trust in God."

T

thefightinglamb

Today I finished Msthew 28. :)

Yay for those who stuck it out.

God bless
Tony.

Anyone for Mark?

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
27 & 28 done. Sorry I was behind.... I'm up for Mark start tomorrow?