Matt 24:48-51

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
[h=1]Matthew 24:48-51 King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]48 [/SUP]But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
[SUP]49 [/SUP]And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
[SUP]50 [/SUP]The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
[SUP]51 [/SUP]And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

[h=1]Matthew 24:48-51 Common English Bible (CEB)[/h] [SUP]48 [/SUP]But suppose those bad servants should say to themselves, My master won’t come until later. [SUP]49 [/SUP]And suppose they began to beat their fellow servants and to eat and drink with the drunks? [SUP]50 [/SUP]The master of those servants will come on a day when they are not expecting him, at a time they couldn’t predict. [SUP]51 [/SUP]He will cut them in pieces and put them in a place with the hypocrites. People there will be weeping and grinding their teeth.

Common English Bible (CEB)
Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

48 We should not rest because we do not think the Lord is yet to come. We should not allow when He comes to slow us down, He will return but we should be running hard to the race is over.

49 We should not have doubt in Him to where is causes us to live as the world, we should go to Him in our doubt and not to the world.

50 The Lord will come we least expect, God sees all we do no matter if He has returned yet or not, we should live by Him and for Him because He is who He is.

51 We can not be His and live as the world, many go to serve Him but are never His because they never submit their lives fully to Him but are only willing to give Him a small part, this is not good enough.

J

JesusIsAll

That's a great list of thoughts, hard to think of much else. Maybe a perspective that one is a faithful servant or not, that we can be just churched, play at religion, and not deal with fixing the inner condition that fake, unregenerate, head faith allows to fester. As in better take heed, now is the day of salvation, and God is not mocked, is worshiped in spirit and in truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JesusIsAll

One nuance of your comments list that seems to be there, though, not sure, you seem to be talking "we," as in born again believers? First reading, I was thinking we, as all humans who profess Christ in a congregation, good advice. The point is, I don't believe the evil servant is born again, rather is like the five virgins without oil in their lamps, that is, without the Holy Spirit, or the "Lord Lord" crowd doing their great Christian works, which Christ referred to as workers of iniquity and to depart, that He never knew them, they also sent to damnation (Matthew 7:21-23). I don't believe salvation is dependent on attaining some threshold of works, that the evil servant is just that, fake, not clothed in the righteousness of Christ, acting like an unregenerate, because he is, hence sent to hell, where there's weeping and gnashing of teeth. So, it's about really getting saved, then led of the Spirit, first and foremost.