Matt 26:10-13

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
[h=1]Matthew 26:10-13 King James Version (KJV)[/h][SUP]10 [/SUP]When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

[h=1]Matthew 26:10-13 International Children’s Bible (ICB)[/h]
[SUP]10 [/SUP]But Jesus knew what happened. He said, “Why are you troubling this woman? She did a very beautiful thing for me. [SUP]11 [/SUP]You will always have the poor with you. But you will not always have me. [SUP]12 [/SUP]This woman poured perfume on my body to prepare me for burial. [SUP]13 [/SUP]I tell you the truth. The Good News will be told to people in all the world. And in every place where it is preached, what this woman has done will be told. And people will remember her.”

International Children’s Bible (ICB) The Holy Bible, International Children’s Bible® Copyright© 1986, 1988, 1999, 2015 by Tommy Nelson™, a division of Thomas Nelson. Used by permission.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 Sometimes what we think is not needed is the only way others can show their love to Jesus, this woman may have felt there was nothing else she could do to serve Jesus, we often times expect people to do what we are doing but this often times is not where the Lord has them. To serve Jesus is to do good.

11 Jesus would soon go away, there is always going to be poor people, there will always be those that are sick and needed as long as the earth continues. Jesus was only on earth in human form for a short time.

12 Jesus would soon go to the cross and died he would have not had time for this, when this was done they would do this after the death which is what the women were doing on Resurrection morning so this woman was the only one to do this because no other time would happen for it to be done.

13 This woman is penned down in scripture so we know of her story still today, don’t know her name but know she gave her most priced possession to her Lord in service, we should be willing to do the same if He asks us to. It is more important for Jesus to know us than for men to remember us.