Matzo ball soup

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
We have it at passover service..It's good stuff:)

Oct 31, 2011
This sounds wonderful, I’m getting matzo meal next grocery shopping day!

I looked up some other ideas about them. Most use water or broth instead of soda. Some say if you separate the eggs and beat each it makes them lighter. Most use 2 instead of 4 eggs. All refrigerate the dough before shaping the balls, some overnight.

Almost all say that chicken fat that is saved from cooking the chicken does wonders for the matzo balls, either all chicken fat or some fat and some oil.

Most say they use more flavorings, either in the broth they serve them in or in the water they are cooked in. They mention dill, garlic powder, turmeric, and bayleaf. And of course, the holy three: carrots, celery, and onions.

Don’t remove lid while cooking, they expand to twice the original size so use plenty water to boil them in, and check to see they are loose from bottom when you put them in the water or they will scorch.

One said all this fussing is silly, just use Manischewitz Mix. Hope I spelled that right.