Measurement of Universe's expansion rate creates cosmological puzzle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JesusIsAll

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Jeremiah 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

B

BeyondET

Nice post :) it's starts with the six days of creation,,, a scientists has to believe that this happened in our own understanding of time in our solar system. Speaking on light it self for us humans to see light, light it self has to be bound within a time frame to be able for humans to see it. Thus the first time frame created was the universe time zone some call it the Big Bang I call it Big Ben....which in my view is 1 million years = 1 minute.. And a person will say I how would I know this well in my time frame understanding 1 second is real to me so how many seconds in one day = 1440 mins. Now doing the math on the M&M time scale 1 million years = 1 minute how many minutes would 1 day in the universe be 1 mil X 60 X 24 = 1,440,000,000 thus the same formula is still 1440 with added zeros on the end which tells me that these calculations are equal. Our galaxy turns one complete 360 rotation is 240millionyrs in one day in Galaxy time. 240mil X 6 = 1,440,000,000 = 1 day universe time, our day is 24 hours long X 6 = 144 hours.. So the Three time scales are Universe time, galactic time, solar time. Surely other galaxies have their own time scale for which Was created for that Galaxy.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i've always said, there is no reason to believe fundamental 'constants' have always been constant, or that expansion is uniform, or that the rate of expansion has been constant. cosmology really involves a lot of extrapolation and assumption. we've never directly measured anything outside our local neighborhood.

Our galaxy turns one complete 360 rotation is 240millionyrs in one day in Galaxy time. 240mil X 6 = 1,440,000,000 = 1 day universe time, our day is 24 hours long X 6 = 144 hours..

bravo :)
this certainly makes more sense than that whole "1000 man-years = 1 God-day" . . . etc ((forgetting that the Psalm says "like" and also compares an eon with us to a watch in the night with Him))

Last edited:
B

BeyondET

i've always said, there is no reason to believe fundamental 'constants' have always been constant, or that expansion is uniform, or that the rate of expansion has been constant. cosmology really involves a lot of extrapolation and assumption. we've never directly measured anything outside our local neighborhood.

bravo :)
this certainly makes more sense than that whole "1000 man-years = 1 God-day" . . . etc ((forgetting that the Psalm says "like" and also compares an eon with us to a watch in the night with Him))
I like the watch in the night :)

God created these laws of time within our universe and he creates within these laws also because he creates them.

Knowing this that our solar and Galaxy system is as one but yet different.
how many days spent in our solar system and how many days in the Galaxy system??

how many disciples were there??

Aug 2, 2009
In other news, scientist have discovered that the easter bunny and santa claus may actually be distant relatives whose family lines originated somewhere in the indonesian archipelago...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
end-of-the-world-spoiler-alert.jpg

​.................