Medicare.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Red_Tory

Jan 26, 2010
Not specifically the US President's plan, but instead the general idea behind universal medicare or social programs or the welfare state.

Your thoughts?

C

Cako53

I have mixed feelings. Since I live in Canada and have known medi-care my whole life, and never experiance the states I am sorta biased. But I do know people that live in Forida and dread the idea. They say that there insurance companies are much better then public health care. I am glad that I have had public health care, because I am an accident proned kid. But there is also downsides. The wait line is forever! It took me 3 months to get in for an MRI (and that's quick for around here) Versus a friend in Florida who got an MRI within 5 hours of his accident, and his insuarance company paid it all. So I guess in a sense, they both have there ups and downs. I would find it ridiculous for us to change our health care over to private now, but I also would find it ridiculous for the states to convert there's to public. Just my thoughts.

Jan 20, 2010
I'm on MaineCare, not sure if thats the same as what you all are talking about but its very helpful, most of the time... but as for what the president wants...he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.