Merely take a look at the page

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GabrielVS

I am not requesting that you look at the entire site but merely to look at the link only on behalf of this topic.. merely to trigger some conciousness here if it were possible.

WHY the KING JAMES VERSION? - A Matter of Truth

You may if you will search the entire site but I will leave that to you.

Farewell.

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012
About year and a half ago i wanted to own an english translation of the Bible. So i just went to the bookstore and bought the cheapest one available. I had no idea what other translations were available at that time. I started studying my version, which was the KJV, and found the language very archaic and the text very hard to understand. I found out out there were other translations available online too, and they helpd me a lot with my studies.
Maybe a lot of people like the KJV for their own reasons (like a lot of dutch people still like their own 17th century translation: the Staten Vertaling), but to me personally the arachaic language hinders me to understand the texy properly.
I heard that when the KJV translation was made, not all greek and hebrew texts were available that are available now. It would be my ideal to learn to read greek and hebrew, so i could go back to the original.
The translation i myself use the most is the dutch "Nieuw Bijbel Vertaling" (New Bible Translation) of 2003.

O

OFM

TRY THE NIV OR NASB VERSIONS.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
About year and a half ago i wanted to own an english translation of the Bible. So i just went to the bookstore and bought the cheapest one available. I had no idea what other translations were available at that time. I started studying my version, which was the KJV, and found the language very archaic and the text very hard to understand. I found out out there were other translations available online too, and they helpd me a lot with my studies.
Maybe a lot of people like the KJV for their own reasons (like a lot of dutch people still like their own 17th century translation: the Staten Vertaling), but to me personally the arachaic language hinders me to understand the texy properly.
I heard that when the KJV translation was made, not all greek and hebrew texts were available that are available now. It would be my ideal to learn to read greek and hebrew, so i could go back to the original.
The translation i myself use the most is the dutch "Nieuw Bijbel Vertaling" (New Bible Translation) of 2003.

True. My first bible was KJV and I find it very hard to comprehend. Right now, I use NIV and it's much more easier to understand. :)

O

OFM

Dliz i love the NIV
also the New American Standard Bible

S

shirley

I READ THE NKJV ITS PRETTY UNDERSTANDABLE BUT THEN AGAIN THE NIV IS OK TOO

O

OFM

kjv when i was first a christian i could not understand people around me the kjv'ers i call them would not help me i got a new american standard bible then a new internation version the New America Bibile is very much alot highly excellent too.i want to read in my language today not in 1611 time to fully understand it words change words are added.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, My mom keeps on buying bible with other versions. hehe. if there are times where in I dont understand something. I try to look at other versions. :)

Dliz i love the NIV
also the New American Standard Bible