Messianic Jew and Hebrew Roots Cult Violence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
Bible group scrutinized in Tiller killing
By JUDY L. THOMAS
Kansas City Star
Published Monday, August 31, 2009, at 12:04 a.m.
Updated Monday, Nov. 9, 2009, at 5:06 p.m.

link -> Bible group scrutinized in Tiller killing | Wichita Eagle

They met in each other's homes on Saturday, their Sabbath, for a potluck dinner and Bible study sessions.

Among the topics: Scripture, their Hebrew roots and the "secret societies" attempting to control government and culture.

Among the group members: Scott Roeder, the Kansas City man accused of killing Wichita abortion provider George Tiller.

As the investigation continues into whether Roeder acted alone in Tiller's May 31 death, members of the Bible study group have found themselves in the spotlight, showing up on the witness list for the prosecution and being interviewed by the FBI.

Even a rabbi at an Overland Park congregation of Messianic Jews has been questioned, although Roeder's group broke away after some members were asked to leave the synagogue.

"People are trying to make something out of nothing," said Michael Clayman, an attorney who was host for the group for a time in his Merriam home.

"It was like any other Bible study around town. It was a bunch of guys having spaghetti and meatballs, talking about philosophy. It wasn't a bunch of Jim Jones people meeting or drinking Kool-Aid or plotting things. No cult, no nothing."

The group does help explain the foundation of some of Roeder's beliefs, which included distrust of government and opposition to abortion.

Those attending the Bible study describe themselves as Messianic Jews who, unlike mainstream Jews, believe that Jesus was the Messiah. Some people who call themselves Messianic Jews, such as Roeder, are not Jewish.

Messianic Jews differ from most Christian churches by observing many Jewish customs, including dietary laws and holidays.

In a recent interview, Roeder said he "had become a believer" around 1992.

"I converted, born again to Christianity," he said. "I guess you could say Messianic, or turned to Jesus, Yeshua, as my Savior." He said Messianic believers such as himself had gone "back to our Hebrew roots."

Roeder said he preferred going to a Bible study instead of a more formal religious setting because "organized religion is 501(c)3 tax-exempt organizations, which are businesses."

"We stay away from them," he said, adding that religious organizations receiving tax-exempt status become corrupt because they are beholden to the government.

Roeder and other members of the Bible study used to attend the Or HaOlam Messianic Congregation in Overland Park but split off, some said, because the leaders did not want to hear their talk about Freemasons and other "secret societies."

They also didn't approve of Or HaOlam being registered as a nonprofit corporation with the state of Kansas.

Rabbi Shmuel Wolkenfeld of the Or HaOlam congregation confirmed that Roeder and the others left over disagreements. Wolkenfeld said he hadn't seen them for several years.

"We had such divisive conversations with them," he said. "Scott became displeased with us because we were an incorporated Kansas charity."

He said the group also espoused conspiracy theories — including an assertion that Prince Charles is the Antichrist — and that eventually, he and the elders had to "uninvite" two of Roeder's friends.

"With Scott, we had a bunch of discussions, then he just disappeared," he said. "I wish we could have helped him, but he had his own opinions."

Wolkenfeld said the congregation was shocked by Tiller's slaying.

"Our congregation is certainly pro-life," he said. "So for something like that to happen is abhorrent. All it does is bring disgrace on the whole cause."

Wolkenfeld said two Wichita police detectives paid him a visit after Tiller's killing to ask about Roeder.

"What they said was they knew we had a history with him and they were looking for any possible lead," he said.

After leaving Or HaOlam, the group began meeting on Saturday afternoons, first at Clayman's house and most recently at an apartment in Westport that Roeder shared with another man.

The man asked not to be identified because he fears losing his job, saying he already had lost a new roommate who discovered his ties to Roeder.

The man said the Bible study was suspended after Roeder's arrest.

He said he last saw Roeder the day before Tiller was killed. Roeder told him that he was going to visit his family in Topeka and didn't come home that night. The next day, he said, the FBI knocked on his door at 4:15 p.m. and started asking questions.

Agents took his home computer and laptop and also Roeder's computer, he said, along with some Hebrew teaching tapes. He said he's met with FBI agents five times since Tiller's death.

Tim Parks, who was Roeder's roommate for five years before Roeder lived with Clayman, said he attended some of the Bible studies. He said, however, that "I disagreed with a lot of that stuff." Some of the beliefs, he said, were "kind of off the wall."

"To me, it's PFA theology," he said. "Plucked from air."

Parks said he isn't convinced that Roeder killed Tiller.

"A bunch of us think he is being framed," said Parks, who also has been interviewed by the FBI. "To me, the entire judicial system is suspect."

Clayman said he met Roeder about two years ago while attending a different Bible study group. He said Roeder lived with him for 11 months but moved out April 1 because he'd lost his job and wasn't paying his rent.

Clayman said Roeder took the abortion issue to the extreme.

"Scott believed that the Bible was literal, the word of God," he said. "Where he went astray was he had this crazy, fanatic doctrine that you could somehow justify killing somebody just because they were an abortion doctor."

Clayman said Roeder talked often about his belief that killing an abortion provider was an act of justifiable homicide.

"When he brought up that in theory — but he never did threaten anybody when I was around — I said, 'How can you repay evil with evil?' " he said.

Clayman said investigators won't find any conspiracy behind Tiller's killing, especially among the Bible study group.

"A Bible study is studying the Bible," he said. "We'd read from the Bible and say, 'What do you think about that?' Then we'd discuss it. We didn't sit around and have sacrifices in the backyard."

As for Roeder, Clayman said, "He's going to be tried, and he's going to try and do a dog-and-pony show in front of the media. He wants to tell the whole world. He's a martyr, see? That's what he wanted to be."

Dec 21, 2012
Who is Edwin Beckford, Arad Messianic Jewish Cult Leader
APRIL 22, 2008

link -> Who is Edwin Beckford, Arad Messianic Jewish Cult Leader | Samurai Mohel

The violent attacks by Eddie Beckford, a Messianic Jewish cult leader have been getting a lot of attention lately in the Israeli media as videos showing him attempting to run down a Jewish man and violently attacking him with his fists.

While Eddie Beckford, his wife Lura Beckford, aka Lura Maiman (her husband’s last name, not her own) have been conducting a hateful campaign against Jews in Arad and throughout Israel. YouTube accounts show a multipart video titled “This is Why People Hate Jews”. Many of these videos blatantly involve scenes staged by Beckford’s own followers in order to solicit sympathy and money as they perform for the camera.

Messianic cults like Eddie Beckford’s call themselves Messianic Jews but they are typically not Jewish. They use deceit and any means they can to suck someone into their group. The Branch Davidians at Waco were the most famous example of a Messianic cult.

Eddie Beckford himself grew up as a black Catholic in Harlem, based on his own biography.

As a kid, I grew up in NYC; I was born Catholic, and my mother made me attend mass each Sunday. In those days, mass was performed in Latin, and the service was strictly orthodox. I was later permitted to join the East Harlem Protestant Parish on E.104th Street. The Parish was youth oriented.

There goes the whole Edwin Beckford Messianic Jew scam right there. Edwin Beckford is not Jewish and never was. He’s a black Catholic. His wife Lura Beckford was previously married to a man who may have been Jewish.

But it gets much worse. Edwin Beckford’s group in Israel and the name of his site is Kings Men Arad at kingsmenarad.com. Some people might think that Kings Men has a religious meaning. The truth however is quite different.

Let’s take another look at Eddie Beckford’s biography.

Man, I came across this website while, just for the heck of it, keying in ‘the East River Projects’. Wow! Man, I was reading all the entries and was getting overwhelmed. Man, I made it through two whole pages and just had to stop and put in my 2 cents.

Dig it, I was born in Metropolitan Hosp. in 1947, went to P.S. 168 (2nd grade teach Ms. ‘D’, 3rd grade Ms. Wolf), went to Otis Jr. High ( / Ben Franklin), moved to the Island (Roosevelt High), and did a stretch in Nam.My older brother graduated from Ben Frank and Food Trade (where he got his nickname ‘Cook’), my younger sister P.S. 99 (nickname Ting Ting). We lived in the E. River Projects (400 E. 103rd St. [1st Ave.]).

Fond memories: Use to walk to school (103rd to 116th) along the E. River Dive (Pleasant Ave.) to avoid confrontations with the Red Wings (an Italian gang that hanged around 115th and 1st). Other gangs during the day were the Viceroys, Vikings, Chancellors, Baldies, and the King’s Men (my brother belonged to).

And that’s the real origin of King’s Men Arad. The King’s Men were a brutal and violent gang responsible for numerous crimes and murders. Eddie Beckford, true to his roots, came to Israel and named his center after his brother’s gang. For all we know he was a member too. And in Israel he used his Kings Men Arad to act just like the original Kings Men did.

Eddie Beckford’s Arad Messianic cult may call itself Israeli and Jewish, but it’s neither. And Edwin Beckford tries to call himself an Israeli while stating that he won’t celebrate Israeli Independence Day, that Zionism is evil, that Orthodox Jews are with the Anti-Christ. So why is he in Israel? To recruit members for his cult of course. Even while despising and hating the country he lives in and the people he lives among.

Using his Messianic Hebrew Christian Fellowship (MHCF) forum Edwin Beckford writes blatant lies about Jews and Israel and issues constant solicitations for money. With articles like “Holocaust – Just Another Excuse?”,

Some say “Yes! I’m for Israel being a democracy” but they fail to tell you “A democracy for Jews only” which brings you back to a sugar-coated Jewish State.

Except that Edwin Beckford lives in Israel and is free to run his cult and websites out of there. Arabs sit in the Knesset and vote in elections. So do Russian Non-Jews, Armenians, etc

Who’s A Jew? And then you have the issue of ‘Who’s A Jew? ‘. This is determined by the Rabbinical (Sanhedrin) Court of ultra-Orthodox (Pharisees).

Here’s a hint for Eddie Beckford. A Catholic from Harlem who went to run his own cult is not a Jew. Just as I’m not a Catholic.

In essence, the Jewish National Fund appears to be procuring land for the ultra-Orthodox Jews (Pharisees) only!

What a load of crap. Most JNF land is not used by Ultra-Orthodox Jews. Most Ultra-Orthodox Jews actually live inside major cities. And even Messianics have been able to set up a theme park on JNF land. Eddie Beckford’s lies know no shame.

I doubt if Jews from Ethiopia, Russia, Argentina, Morocco, etc. are included in this land deal.

That would be news to the more than a million and a half Russian and Middle Eastern and South American Jews who live all across Israel.

To break it down Edwin Beckford aka Eddie Beckford and Lura Beckford aka Lura Maimon are running an Anti-Jewish cult that calls itself Messianic Jewish and lashing out violently at Jews. They spread lies and hate toward Israel and Jews.

Dec 21, 2012
Arad Messianic Cult Leader Attacking Jewish Man (Israel)

[video=youtube;1rS35_UnHRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rS35_UnHRw[/video]

Violent cult members in Arad who call themselves Messianic Jews, though they are not actually Jewish have been violently attacking and harassing Jews in Arad. Eddie Beckford or Edwin Beckford, the Arad cult leader shown in this video, is typical of their dangerous behavior.

Cults known as Messianic Jews try to recruit vulnerable Christians and Jews and often engage in violence. The Branch Davidians of Waco are the best known Messianic cult.

J

John_S

Any group that willingly plays host to a murderer can NOT call themselves followers of Jesus Christ.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
well Jesus said

Matthew 23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

some history i've been reading says the proselytes were frequently super-zealous, and often the first to take part in rebellions.
hmmm....