Mind, Will, Emotion - Rational Faith vs Emotionalism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 30, 2011
God has given us His Word

God wants us to know Him, His ways and His attributes

We are to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength

Mind - Engage your mind as to what God's word
Choose to do what it says, turn from what is wrong
Emotion - trust that emotions will follow

There is a lot of emotionalism parading as the Holy Spirit going on, and it's not just crazy churches classically charismatic. Concert Christianity - which makes Christianity into nothing but a rock concert and stirring emotions strong emotions, saying some things and adding some sprinkles of Scripture to make people think that it's the Holy Spirit

The same people who then go to church where they teach what the Bible says, will say "it's not Spirit led" when it is completely Spirit led, because it is His Word

john 17 - High Priestly Prayer(not all)

4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.
6 “I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. 8 For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.

This question always crossed my mind in Jesus' High Priestly Prayer

Jesus is talking to the father, Jesus Glorifies the Father, the Father Glorifies Jesus - But what does the Holy Spirit do in all this?

The Holy Spirit glorifies the Father, and the Son through the Word of God to the Believer. People with hyper Spiritual emotional experiences really are scary - because if they actually read the Bible, they would see that if you get specific revelation from God, your life is about to be super hard, and difficult so much that, whatever God has told them - that is the only Word that He is going to give, and you will be expected to continue on that.