Mine not Hers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chonbon3

While in high school, my sister never had many friends due to her own choices. But now when she comes back from college for the summers, she talk to mine. She even took an interest in the guy she knew I was into. She apologized once for whatever was going on, but basically relapsed with this behavior. I love my sister to death, but somehow, I can't find myself to forgive her. The jealousy and envy is consuming me. What do I do?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
It's good that you recognize that green-eyed monster so quickly....jealousy. We all experience it. While in college I invited a potential guy-of-interest to my apt for dinner. My roommate was there and she began talking to him in this syrupy dripping-sweet voice (she was a singer and knew how to use her voice) and got all doey-eyed. Wow, he feel right into the trap and was instantly 'enslaved'. It was as if I wasn't even the room. I can laugh about it now because he was SO gullible. No, we never dated. Probably a very good thing.

One thing to remember is that any boy that is sincerely interested in you will not look at another girl, even your sister. If he becomes interested in her, then it was never meant to be for you and him and the sooner you know that the better. Matter of fact, you can use this as a test....immediately introduce a potential interest to her and see how he reacts. His reaction will tell you what you need to know and may save you heart-ache down the road.

Try to keep your relationship with your sister healthy. This is a relationship you'll have all your life and what a blessing a sister can be. Boys will come and go (until you meet 'the one'), but sisterhood if for a lifetime.

stefen

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah. as lucy68 said, Your family member is most important than who came in the middle. You are 17 only. Be a friend with him for sometime.

just you wait and be calm, time will give you solutions for your questions. ryt now try to concentrate on your studies / career.

Pray without ceasing and be blessed.

S

Share55

Hmmm... I beg to differ on this one. Have you considered your sister feels like she has to compete with you? Were you encouraged to compete with each other as children? Did you get something she prized?
I wouldn't run a test like that on a man. It doesn't prove anything because we just know the bit of what you told us like is she a knockout and you are a plain jane, did she pour it on thick or just showed more interest in him as a man than you did as a college buddy. We don't know and we can't judge.
But what of your relationship with your family as it may well be not just you and your sister?

I had 2 sisters trying to speak for my late husband and I told them where to go and too his attention back to me but then he was in love with me so I didn't have much problem. ;)
You see the difference is I was in love with him and him with me. How you have explained it sounded like just an interest but I recall my sister trying that with me when we were young. She pointed out this guy and said, I bet I could get him before you do so I told her to go for it as her interests were definitely not my interests and besides that I was too young by my standards to be tied down with a boyfriend. Most teenagers have different ideas then settling down which was me.
All relationships are important and should be handled as God would have as handle them. We are all important to Him as He created each and everyone of us in our mother's womb

Aug 15, 2009
While in high school, my sister never had many friends due to her own choices. But now when she comes back from college for the summers, she talk to mine. She even took an interest in the guy she knew I was into. She apologized once for whatever was going on, but basically relapsed with this behavior. I love my sister to death, but somehow, I can't find myself to forgive her. The jealousy and envy is consuming me. What do I do?
If you & your sister are christians, both of you need to leave him alone cause apparently he doesn't know what he wants. If she is doing this to compete with you, forgive her, for she will reap what she sows.

The main thing to consider is you. Jealousy will put you in bondage whether she meant any harm or not. There's nobody out there worth losing your salvation for. So forgive her & let go.