Ministry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lightningstar

Dearest Brothers and Sisters,

Recently (well not that recently) God has called me to a career in ministry to preach. I am sure of this because whenever I ask Him what my career will be I am always answered "preach". I need prairs for guidance and help in telling my parents who aren't religious at all. Thank you.

Because of Calvary,
Rory R. Roberts

A

AgeofKnowledge

You are 15 years old. I think you can just start to get involved in ministry at your church and share with the pastor your desire to become a preacher. You don't have to make a big deal out of it with your parents.

P

psychomom

Rory, you have my prayers! :)

Perhaps you should pray a bit on the timing of telling your folks?
Remember Mary, she didn't tell people what happened to her when the angel visited,
but 'treasured these things in her heart'?

Just something to consider. :)

-ellie

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God, Help Rory learn to wait on your timing. Help him to know when you say move and when you say wait. I pray Lord that you bring mentors into his life that help himm down the path of life as he chooses to follow you. In Yeshua's Holy name I pray amen.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
May you be a Good servant in Spirit and Truth yo give Glory to Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

Worry not what those around you think for if you are called by the Most High nothing will be able to prevent you.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus, for you, your parents for all wisdom and the guiding hand of God.

God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

You have been blessed to know this in your heart at such a young age :)
I will pray that you will have this verse rule your heart...

Proverbs 3:6
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Nov 26, 2012
Lightningstar, I suppose your parents will be among your mission field. If this in fact has been your calling be prepared. There is a good chance you will encounter spiritual warfare. Being in the will of God does not mean you will not suffer much conflict. Often it is the opposite. John the Baptist was the greatest among all men according to Christ. He lived in the desert wore rags pretty much and survived on locusts and wild honey. Eventually he was beheaded. This isn't to discourage you but instead that you do not second guess yourself based on successfulness by worldly standards. May God bless you richly with wisdom. May you continually hunger for His Word. I pray the Spirit quicken you and that you heed His leading. Be fearless and blameless. In Jesus name I ask this. Amen

L

Lightningstar

Thanks for the advice everyone

L

Lightningstar

Well I told my parents they were pretty accepting.

S

SPUZIT

Wow & all at the age of 15
.think of the influence thousand child of God will reach thru his salvation given so freely thru christ. Yes do not fear telling your parents you may just be as surprised as them.in the meantime as your growing listen read the word of God fallow in his ways, ,,pray unceasingly, laugh & live righteously, and for the glory of our God don't wait to spread the gift of salvation. Go forward our brother, great goals & callings to you. Shalom

K

kenisyes

Now it's time to start asking Him questions like: to whom, where, and how soon.

Aug 15, 2009
Dearest Brothers and Sisters,

Recently (well not that recently) God has called me to a career in ministry to preach. I am sure of this because whenever I ask Him what my career will be I am always answered "preach". I need prairs for guidance and help in telling my parents who aren't religious at all. Thank you.

Because of Calvary,
Rory R. Roberts
I would suggest that you pray and get an absolute confirmation of your ministry. You need this. In the years to come there will be times you will question your calling due to persecution and conflict. Having God to give you an answer in a way that you know without a shadow of a doubt that it is Him will be such a comfort to you in your future when trials and persecutions come your way. God will answer that prayer if He has called you.
Please understand that if and when this ministry begins, it will not be a bed of roses. Some of your friends will criticize you, your family may even work against you. Satan hates the called. Pray, and prepare for battle. Fewer and fewer young people are answering the call to the ministry due to the spiritual health of the church. So get your answer first!

Last edited: