modern day Sodem and Gormora

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 30, 2014
All of our recent events or tragedies, is the world turning to a modern day Sodem and Gomorra? Dos anyone feel our saviour coming to claim this world?
No. Two hundred years ago the world was far more horrid than it is today. I'd have state sponsored homosexuality over state sponsored public torture any day of the week.

C

confusion1986

This is so true and people seem to miss this point that we as Christians are called to be disciples or witnesses for Christ Matthew 16:24-27 says “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." But our society today we are afraid of what people think if we stand up and witness for God or wr afraid of hurting other people feelings. We can't stop judgement yet we can prepare for it but with politics and everyone trying respect everyone else's "freedom of religion" a lot of Christians send a watered down version of the gospel.

[QUOTEemilesaj;1735648]We see the entire world falling further and further from God. In America we are at the beginning of this fall. I caution people to remember that God is "long-suffering". How many years did Israel sin against God before judgement? Another thought to consider is that not EVERYONE in Israel in the old testament sinned against God but yet they too faced the judgement...we are not immune to the coming troubles. But unlike the unsaved we have a HOPE in knowing this is only for a little while. So let us be strong and courageous in this time.

That is my prayer that I may be bold to speak of Christ...because it is not my job to save them it is God's but God has called each one of us to share the gospel.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2013
Hmm! Is sexual sin worst than killing, lying, covetting and etc?

No doubt I can see other's faults except mine.

C

confusion1986

The bible is clear in 1 Corinthians 6

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous 1 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: x neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 2 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
No. Two hundred years ago the world was far more horrid than it is today. I'd have state sponsored homosexuality over state sponsored public torture any day of the week.

Oct 30, 2014
The bible is clear in 1 Corinthians 6

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous 1 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: x neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 2 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Aye, it's also fairly clear on murder, torture, hatred, blasphemy, lying, greed, envy, jealousy, anger, adultery and a litany of other sins. Which one are you?

C

confusion1986

True. We all fall short of the glory of God none of us are perfect. That is why He says we must repent. He also says no sin is greater than the other and in Matthew 7 it says we are not to judge.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
True. We all fall short of the glory of God none of us are perfect. That is why He says we must repent. He also says no sin is greater than the other and in Matthew 7 it says we are not to judge.
Well, confusion, I don't know of any verse that says no sin is greater than the other. I seem to recall something about "the greater sin." Also I recall straining a gnats vs swallowing camels. Some sins get the particular label of abomination.

Saving repentance is a change of mind from non-trust to trusting the Savior.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
Modern Day Sodom?

Beez you referring to the US of A?

We are certainly slouching that way.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
Yes it is. But always remember that unbelief and refusal to believe the gospel is a sin worse than the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah before God.
Well, Tribesman, it certainly is very important to the Lord that men trust Him. That is the only way to find deliverance from our depravity. Romans 1 puts refusing the have God in knowledge (unbelief) as a preliminary to sodomy. God gives up some people to a reprobate mind.

D

Dna454

Well I think that we are definitely not like Sodom and Gomorah because they didn't have a Christian foundation

G

Gandalf

I think we make Sodem and Gormora look like kindergarten…

C

confusion1986

True. Christ came and offered us Mercy and grace.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I believe that the depravity is mild today compared to what we will be experiencing when Christ returns. I also believe that on the road to that time with the accelerator stuck all the way down. I always caution people to remember that only God knows when, and any speculation that we have is just that. God expects us to work like he is coming any second, and expect him to arrive between our next breath and many years into the future.