Modesty

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What is your opinoin of modesty?

• Total voters
Mar 31, 2011
Matthew 5:28
But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
We must not only think of our Christian brothers and sisters, who may be practicing and perfecting the commandment, but we must also think of those who are weak of faith and even those who are of no faith. We are responsible for our own actions and if we cause ANYONE to commit adultery, even in their heart (like Jesus said), then WE are commiting adultery with them ("with her" means "WITH her," after all).

It may not happen over night (although all things are possible with Jesus Christ), but we MUST strive...

and yes, it's true. there are some out there who are truly perverted and do not care if you are inside of a box covered with tons of clothes, without any windows to see you; or naked, on national t.v., for ALL to see; BUT you must still strive to please God by obeying his commands, especially those he commanded through Jesus Christ.

I would LOVE to know what things that women/men wear or do, make men (and even women) uncomfortable/stumble/lust/etc.? Perhaps there are some things that are uncomfortable to say but I think it would help men and women, alike, understand. Any takers?

Last edited:
I

In_Atom

is Mother Teresa a model of Modesty ?

L

lexieydoodle

I think women should be able to wear w/e they want (to an extent, of course.) We as men should control ourselves and not lust after them, and women should do the same for men. It's wrong to say "oh you women should put on baggier clothing b/c I'm looking at your breasts." How ridiculous does that sound? That's pretty much what we're telling women to do. Carry on, ladies, we men will learn to control ourselves.
I'm incredibly glad that you said that. i was having a horrifying conversation with a Muslim girl at an interfaith dinner. She told me she believed that woman are over 50% responsible for being raped in America because of the way they dress. She said only women who dressed in burkahs were not responsible for rape, but they could f they invited a mans attention in other ways.

This anti women way of thinking sickened me. And it was very disrespectful of men too. All of the men that I know in my life are more then capable of not ravaging a woman who shows her midriff

Modesty is important for a persons own sense of self-worth and respect it should not be done for other people, either to arouse or discourage lust.

I've been catcalled many a time while in my pajamas, so modesty is no guarantee that you won't get undesired attention anyway :p

G

Gabriel777

Looks like 7 voters agree to sensual dressing

H

Honey12

I do agree that a lot of things ladies wear these days are definitely inappropriate. But I think not everything should be judged so harshly. Like for example, my breast are a little on the large side, so cleavage is sometimes a problem. I cover it up quite well, but it's still noticeable. But the difference is I'm not trying to be 'sexy' or make men want me, it's just what happens. And I don't think things like shortish skirts (to an extent, above the knee isn't bad, but too short is) or two piece bathing suits (except for exceptionally skimpy ones) are immodest. The biggest factor is if the woman wears those things to be intentionally immodest. But a gentleman wouldn't mind anyway.