Moko

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

royz

Is it wrong of me to be against my wife's wish to get a Maori tattoo? I am torn between having a biblical opinion
and not wanting to offend her cultural values and freedom of choice.

A

Ariel82

I think you should be honest with your wife but support her even if she doesn't agree or understand your objection and gets the tattoo anyway.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
A big part of marriage is compromise. It's a good idea to compromise on some things...it says "I love you so much that if this offends you then I will not do it".

Of course some things are easier to compromise on than others...this sounds like a small thing :). Be careful about battles of the will...it can easily become a battle to see who is in control. Things really start degenerating then. It should be a mutual thing or else one spouse will try to have total control of the other.

When a godly marriage works like it should both members are willing to sacrifice for the other. Keep Christ in the center of your relationship, then the Holy Spirit will lead you in ALL things...big and small :).

N

nimbus3852

Yoga has religious connotations to some.

R

royz

Thank you all for your advice.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the body is made out of dust and returns to dust.

why toss out a marriage over an argument about dust?

i understand your position, and i wouldn't be for a tattoo in the first place, and as i understand (though i'm not from that culture) ta moko is a symbol for heritage and ancestry - so i agree with you; we are adopted through Christ into a different heritage than the heritage of the flesh. ta moko is a symbol of integrity too; if anything can be received with thanksgiving and used for the glory of God, i'm for it! we are free in Christ. maybe together you can ascribe meaning to this that honors her culture and also the new heritage that's given to you; the family of the kingdom.

what's more important than the skin, is the heart.

R

royz

Doesn't yoga include aspects of zen meditation? I truly appreciate
All the great replies and I will be sure to check in with Christian chat next time before the argument