Mom of 6 homeschoolers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

ordinarybrain

Hello! This looks like a lot of fun. I'm not sure how much time i can devote here, but let's see where it goes.
I have 6 great kids ranging in age from 2 to 17. I homeschool my youngest three, but send my older crew to a private christian school. I am a stay-at-home doing daycare to try to support myself and my children. We have two cats, three dogs, a fish, and a guinea pig named "Dwight." I study holistic medicine and issues of domestic violence.

L

lightbliss

Seems like you have a lot on your plate.

Welcome to Christian Chat :)

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
Hi, welcome to CC!

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
ordinarybrain, Hello and welcome.

O

ordinarybrain

Awwwe, thanks peeps. I do have a lot on my plate...you have no idea, but God is good and i take the days ONE at a time:)

O

ordinarybrain

Thanks Ressurrection:)

L

lovewithinbeauty

I think that you would have to be crazy if you could home school that many kids. I don't think I would even be able to have that many kids, but it sounds like you're a super mom and if you can handle it then go for it. Even if I only had just one child, I don't think I would be able to home school them. I think that is also very important that children are socialized and can interact with different types of people. Whether that type of environment is church youth group, public school, private school, or any type of extra curricular activity that allows them to interact with people. I also don't believe that public school is a bad choice. I don't know if you want your children to be in public school, but from personal experience i wasn't traumatized from being in public school. If anything it was the kids that i met in youth group that were put in private school and home schooled that were the "bad" kids. Many of them were into drugs, and other mischevious activities. Although it's primarily a parent's parenting skills that can detour bad behavior, ultimately a child will do what they want regardless of if they were raised in a christian household and were taught morals and respect. And i think that the more a child is sheltered from different types of people with different backgrounds, the more likely children will raise questions and become more inquisitive to secular ideas and thoughts. Home school may allow you to teach your children the types of morals you want them to have and also educate them. But as I stated above, it's also not healthy for a child to not be able to connect with peers their own age, unless of course they are getting that from church or elsewhere. I think that it would be a really difficult task for a parent of six. If you have some type of bible study groups specifically geared towards mother's at your church, that might be a good place to connect with other christian moms and get some good advice. I'm no expert on this by any means haha, I'm just speaking from experience growing up in a public school. May God bless you, and good luck. Seek God and I know you will make the perfect choice for you and your children. Hope this sort of helped.

Oh and by the way welcome to CC. :) There are some pretty amazing christians here. I'm sure you will meet a few good friends.

L

lovewithinbeauty

Oh snap, I thought this was the advice column. I feel like the biggest idiot ever now. Please disregard my message on homeschooling :/

A

Aya2011

Hi ordinary brain.. ! geez ur a really busy mom. i have three dogs too... nice to know u. stay blessed!

O

ordinarybrain

Lovewithinbeauty, LOL! Ya, i don't exactly need advice about homeschooling. I've been doing it for 12 year now and doing just fine at it and my kids are doing very well too. I take it that you don't know very many homeschoolers:) Someday, when you have kids, maybe you'll meet some
Aya, we love our dogs, they're like members of the family:)
Bless you!

V

VRJ

Mom with six kids, Welcome, welcome!
So glad you are here!