More between heaven and earth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dalisa

There are so many people that believe there's more between heaven and earth. Or that there is something..... There are very few people that believe there's nothing. But I was asking myself why do the people that believe that there's something more between heaven and earth don't find out what it is?

One of my friends is the same way. She believes there is more, but feels no need to Find out what it is. Thats something I cant understand....

T

Tintin

I don't understand what you're saying. Can you elaborate, please? Thanks.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Tintin, quit messing around and answer her question.

: )

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
There are so many people that believe there's more between heaven and earth. Or that there is something..... There are very few people that believe there's nothing. But I was asking myself why do the people that believe that there's something more between heaven and earth don't find out what it is?

One of my friends is the same way. She believes there is more, but feels no need to Find out what it is. Thats something I cant understand....
Perhaps they feel no need to seek because they are quite comfortable and at home here with the mundane,

Jan 24, 2012
Dalisa I will tell you that there surely IS more. I will not say what it is but I WILL tell you not to seek it. Demons and demons disguising themselves as angels inhabit this place.

O

overcomer2

Do you mean between heaven and earth, like other civilizations? Wasn't clear.

D

Dalisa

Maybe its a Dutch thing, people that say there is more between heaven and earth mostly mean that they think there is a God. But they wont go and look for him.

T

Tintin

Oh, so it's a Dutch saying? Thanks. Sounds to me like an agnostic line-of-thinking.

D

Dalisa

Whats agnostic?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
"agnostic" is believing in a God, but also believing that God doesn't intervene in human life. like, He set the universe in motion, but that's it - He just walked off and left it & doesn't affect anyones lives or any human events.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hamlet said:
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
maybe this is the origin of the saying? (Shakespeare)

in the context of the play, it means more or less that there is more to life, the universe & everything than what meets the eye.

in that sense, its not agnostic at all. it's revalatory.

N

nathan3

haha Don't listen to what he said there. He's over analyzing things. .

I think its the world that puts in the subconscious minds of people, to insist on ignoring the simple fact that there is God.

They don't bother looking because the world throws so much vanity and smoke into the air, that the truth is simply blocked from getting through to people, so that they can see and hear it.

Most often people start to fight there way out, when they are at their lowest uncomfortable place. That moment they need supernatural help and they call out for help and really need it, when they call out to God, then he will extend His Holy Spirit to help them out .Then is when they start to see through the smoke from the pit that we are in.

Even after that, it the strong delusions from the world can suck them back into that blinding smoke , and a person can be right back where they started from.

Hopefully your friend wont do things the hard way. You can be there as a constant support and encouraging example of a Christian. And guide them little by little in the right direction.

Encourage your friend to ask God questions and talk to Him..

Last edited: