Mortify the deeds....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
Mortify, KILL the body of sin.
When we discussed the thread of the Holy Spirit in you, Abiding tried to show that people that have the Holy Spirit of GOD IN them, can or do still sin... And the scripture he used to try to prove this was Romans 8: 5 to 11. So this morning I went to read from God’s Word in Romans 8. Just LOOK at what Romans 8 teaches...

Ok! So with ALL the scriptures and the ONLY True doctrine I have peppered you with through these years. The doctrine that teaches that the Holy Spirit of God LEADS before He FILLS, and only once He fills you are saved and PERFECT. There are few BETTER verses to show that this is the ONLY TRUE DOCTRINE than Romans 8. So let us read gether and LEARN...

Ok, some people say I am not an apt teacher, because the Holy Spirit is not IN me.... But can I learn (nd teach wht I learn) from God without the Holy Spirit in me? Of coarse I can! There was NO Holy Spirit in the disciples when Jesus started teaching them. And they learned MANY things from Jesus or if you like...the Holy Spirit in Jesus. It is the same with us... The Spirit does not have to be IN me to teach me, He only has to be WITH ME and also teach me. And we all know He is with me as he is with you!

Let me just spell out the doctrine I teach as I learn it from the Holy Spirit. The ONLY doctrine you also will find in God’s Word... The ONLY True doctrine... You are NOT saved before the Holy Spirit RESIDES or LIVES or STAY, or REMAIN in you! Get this good... Let us call it PART ONE....You are NOT saved if the Holy Spirit does not DWELL IN YOU! And PART TWO.... Once the Holy Spirit DWELLS in you, HE is the ONLY SPIRIT that dwells in you....THERE IS NO MORE YOU!!!! And then your flesh CANNOT SIN! Only THEN YOU ARE SAVED FROM THE FLESH AND SIN!

Let me put it in the simplest way I can so that you do not misunderstand what I believe to be God’s salvation.... ALL saved people is IN GOD (and in Him is no sin) All saved flesh has ONLY THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN THEM that is why that flesh CANNOT SIN.... The old human spirit (the life that person lived in flesh) has DIED for that flesh! That person (the sinner's deeds of the body) is DEAD DEAD DEAD... Mortified God says in Romans 8. And the LIFE after the “make alive by the Spirit of God” is a HOLY LIFE without sin! Evident throughout the Bible! There are MANY places where God says this, MANY!

Rom 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: (
as long as you sin you shall die) but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. But if you DIED OFF SIN you shall live. Live because God would make you ALIVE IN HIM. That is when God implants HIS HOLY SPIRIT into your flesh. Look we will only live after we killed our old sinning selves.... That is when HE ALSO GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE BY THAT HOLY SPIRIT THAT QUICKEN THIS MORTAL BODY. God cannot quicken of MAKE ALIVE something that is not DEAD! It has to die before God can make alive, and we see here that it is the Holy Spirit that would make this flesh alive again...

When we sin we will die. As long as the flesh and sin in the flesh lives, we will die! This death is the second death, the EVERLASTING pool of fire DEATH.(Read about it in the book of Revelations) But as Romans 8:13 says, if WE MORTIFY these sinful deeds of the flesh... THROUGH the Spirit of God ... LOOK! WE have to kill the deeds THROUGH the Holy Spirit, THEN WE SHALL LIVE. God says this SECOND DEATH has NO power over the holy ones (the ones that God made holy by implanting His Holy Spirit (IN FULL) in them AFTER THEY DIED OFF THE OLD MAN!!!!

It is not the SPIRIT that kills the deeds of the body; it is US that kill those deeds, through the LEAD of the Spirit..... God says CLEARLY that the ones that FOLLOW the Holy Spirit are the SONS OF GOD. We can only FOLLOW if HE LEADS... So many people say it is LAW... But the GRACE of God is the Holy Spirit LEADING US... AND HE LEADS TO NOT SIN.... KEEP THE LAW! Sin is NOT KEEPING the LAW! So if God LEADS TO KEEP THE LAW... is that Law, OR GRACE? God does not give letters, HE GIVES A SPIRIT THAT LEADS HOW TO KEEP THE LAW....The Spirit does not lead INTO SIN, HE LEADS OUT OF SIN! HE LEADS TO Mortify SIN! Kill, Die off, and CRUSIFY SIN.. the old man is the SINNING DEEDS of the flesh.... The Spirit leads THAT SINNER to MORTIFY the deeds.

God said that the HOLY SPIRIT will quicken this mortal body.... QUICKEN IS TO MAKE ALIVE!!!! How can God make a body alive, that still lives in sin? He CANNOT. That is WHY HE LEADS that man. But if we MORTIFY the sin in that body, that body is DEAD to sin, and the Spirit of God can give it LIFE: ETERNAL HOLY LIFE AFTER SPIRITUAL DEATH.....

Did God not give us the parable of the seed that needs to die before it can bear fruit? Our body of sin has to DIE, BEFORE God can give it the holy life. ALL sin in us has to die before God can make HIS HOLY LIFE alive in us....

This mortal (fleshly) body is the body God QUICKEN (make alive, give life too) when HE PUTS HIS SPIRIT IN IT, AFTER it died to sin. This same body we sinned with, God can put His Spirit into, to live a perfect holy life here on earth... This is called REGENENRATION. MAKE ALIVE FOR GOD, BY GOD. Saul became Paul. Saul sinner, Paul Godly man... And physically they looked very much the same, but the EYES.... OH THE EYES....another study. Yet ALL was made NEW.... Saul was the old, Paul was the ALL NEW... Same with us.... And god gives it clearly,... The old has PASSED (DIED) behold EVERYTHING is made NEW! Everything, and God cannot lie.... Even the last cell in your flesh is MADE NEW by GOD HIMSLEF...

Let us just get this VERY clear.... God gave life to this body the moment we left our mother’s womb. And he does so by giving a spirit (your spirit) to that little infant body. But that is not the only time gives that flesh (mortal body) LIFE! God gives it YET another life (called Rebirth, or Born of God) when he AGAIN put a Spirit in us. Not a spirit that can do sin like the one we received at birth... Nope this time god GIVES HIS HOLY SPIRIT to give this flesh a HOLY LIFE! God calls it quicken the mortal body here in Romans 8.

Now let us look at the TWO LIVES God puts in us.... The first life God gives us as infants is the life we live and we turn it WROTTEN and FITLHY by sinning..... The second life God gives is life with His Spirit, and it is HIS LIFE with NO SIN that He lives in us, right here on earth! That life is just as perfect as Jesus lived. Just as holy, because it is the EXACT SAME SPIRIT THAT LIVED IN JESUS that now lives in us.

What is the deference between the two lives? Jesus Christ is the difference.... The one life had NO Jesus, and the other has ONLY JESUS! The one life was lead by YOUR spirit, and the other is lead by GOD’S SPIRIT. The first one cannot live holy, the other CANNOT sin. The first life ENDED and is dead the other LIFE was made alive BY GOD for GOD. To live as God wants it to live... PERFECT!

The first life was lived by you; the second is lived by Christ IN YOU! You died IN CHRIST, so HE CAN LIVE IN YOU! You are as dead to this life and sin, as God is alive for HIS LIFE IN YOU. Please understand this.... When you die (mortify) the works of the flesh (sin) you are not made alive again in this body to sin, Christ is made alive in you to live a HOLY AND PERFECT LIFE IN this body. When we kill sin, we cleanse our spirits, by the LEAD of the Holy Spirit. We cannot be made alive, BEFORE WE DIED off those deeds!

If you sin..... Your
spirit is still IN YOU, in the your flesh. And that spirit is DIRTY WITH SIN! But if we DIE off sin, ONE BY ONE they are LAID DOWN TO DIE! Then we are being LEAD to be cleansed... Once we laid down ALL sin, Father God KNOWS this, He then takes our cleansed spirit, and He receives that SNOW WHITE, PURE SPIRIT, and makes it one WITH HIM. He GLORIFIES that cleansed spirit to be HOLY SPIRIT.

Jesus presents us to Himself and Father CLEANSED (without spot or wrinkle) completely sanctified, and HE GLORIFIES US WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. And the flesh we once occupied is now PERMANANTLY occupied by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

Where is our spirit that God gave us when we were born? WE ARE ALREADY IN GOD. HID in God, the Word says! We are HID from the world IN GOD! We are where Christ is, and He is where we are... HIDDEN IN GOD!
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

We are dead to sin and sin is dead to us, but we are ALIVE IN GOD and God lives in us! BORN OF GOD as the Lord teaches. And HIS SEED remaineth (look....REMAINS) in us. And we in Him just for the clearification.

That my friend is the ONLY way God saves souls. Do you know when will all the saints be REVEALED and HOW? For those that DIED IN CHRIST, shall RISE FIRST! What an AWESOME God He is!

Even though His Spirit confess with our spirit that we are the sons of God, WE ARE HIDDEN IN GOD WITH CHRIST..... The world knoweth HIM NOT! But this is another study...

I hope this was not too difficult to understand. I know it is DEEP. But God said... He gave us a Spirit that will seek the depths of God. And He teaches ALL THE WAY. Maybe we should start at the beginning of how God saves...with God’s CALLING. And the Cross. And then WALK through the Word and learn how SALVATION is done by God.

God’s salvation starts on ALL of us as sinners by HIM CALLING.... God starts salvation, and HE ends salvation.... but in between is a LOT to know!

Father, give wisdom and EYES to see and EARS to hear.... Lord reveal Your scripture to people that read this. AMEN!

Jan 11, 2013
Mortify, KILL the body of sin.
When we discussed the thread of the Holy Spirit in you, Abiding tried to show that people that have the Holy Spirit of GOD IN them, can or do still sin... And the scripture he used to try to prove this was Romans 8: 5 to 11. So this morning I went to read from God’s Word in Romans 8. Just LOOK at what Romans 8 teaches...

Ok! So with ALL the scriptures and the ONLY True doctrine I have peppered you with through these years. The doctrine that teaches that the Holy Spirit of God LEADS before He FILLS, and only once He fills you are saved and PERFECT. There are few BETTER verses to show that this is the ONLY TRUE DOCTRINE than Romans 8. So let us read gether and LEARN...

Ok, some people say I am not an apt teacher, because the Holy Spirit is not IN me.... But can I learn (nd teach wht I learn) from God without the Holy Spirit in me? Of coarse I can! There was NO Holy Spirit in the disciples when Jesus started teaching them. And they learned MANY things from Jesus or if you like...the Holy Spirit in Jesus. It is the same with us... The Spirit does not have to be IN me to teach me, He only has to be WITH ME and also teach me. And we all know He is with me as he is with you!

Let me just spell out the doctrine I teach as I learn it from the Holy Spirit. The ONLY doctrine you also will find in God’s Word... The ONLY True doctrine... You are NOT saved before the Holy Spirit RESIDES or LIVES or STAY, or REMAIN in you! Get this good... Let us call it PART ONE....You are NOT saved if the Holy Spirit does not DWELL IN YOU! And PART TWO.... Once the Holy Spirit DWELLS in you, HE is the ONLY SPIRIT that dwells in you....THERE IS NO MORE YOU!!!! And then your flesh CANNOT SIN! Only THEN YOU ARE SAVED FROM THE FLESH AND SIN!

Let me put it in the simplest way I can so that you do not misunderstand what I believe to be God’s salvation.... ALL saved people is IN GOD (and in Him is no sin) All saved flesh has ONLY THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN THEM that is why that flesh CANNOT SIN.... The old human spirit (the life that person lived in flesh) has DIED for that flesh! That person (the sinner's deeds of the body) is DEAD DEAD DEAD... Mortified God says in Romans 8. And the LIFE after the “make alive by the Spirit of God” is a HOLY LIFE without sin! Evident throughout the Bible! There are MANY places where God says this, MANY!

Rom 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: (
as long as you sin you shall die) but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. But if you DIED OFF SIN you shall live. Live because God would make you ALIVE IN HIM. That is when God implants HIS HOLY SPIRIT into your flesh. Look we will only live after we killed our old sinning selves.... That is when HE ALSO GIVES YOU ETERNAL LIFE BY THAT HOLY SPIRIT THAT QUICKEN THIS MORTAL BODY. God cannot quicken of MAKE ALIVE something that is not DEAD! It has to die before God can make alive, and we see here that it is the Holy Spirit that would make this flesh alive again...

When we sin we will die. As long as the flesh and sin in the flesh lives, we will die! This death is the second death, the EVERLASTING pool of fire DEATH.(Read about it in the book of Revelations) But as Romans 8:13 says, if WE MORTIFY these sinful deeds of the flesh... THROUGH the Spirit of God ... LOOK! WE have to kill the deeds THROUGH the Holy Spirit, THEN WE SHALL LIVE. God says this SECOND DEATH has NO power over the holy ones (the ones that God made holy by implanting His Holy Spirit (IN FULL) in them AFTER THEY DIED OFF THE OLD MAN!!!!

It is not the SPIRIT that kills the deeds of the body; it is US that kill those deeds, through the LEAD of the Spirit..... God says CLEARLY that the ones that FOLLOW the Holy Spirit are the SONS OF GOD. We can only FOLLOW if HE LEADS... So many people say it is LAW... But the GRACE of God is the Holy Spirit LEADING US... AND HE LEADS TO NOT SIN.... KEEP THE LAW! Sin is NOT KEEPING the LAW! So if God LEADS TO KEEP THE LAW... is that Law, OR GRACE? God does not give letters, HE GIVES A SPIRIT THAT LEADS HOW TO KEEP THE LAW....The Spirit does not lead INTO SIN, HE LEADS OUT OF SIN! HE LEADS TO Mortify SIN! Kill, Die off, and CRUSIFY SIN.. the old man is the SINNING DEEDS of the flesh.... The Spirit leads THAT SINNER to MORTIFY the deeds.

God said that the HOLY SPIRIT will quicken this mortal body.... QUICKEN IS TO MAKE ALIVE!!!! How can God make a body alive, that still lives in sin? He CANNOT. That is WHY HE LEADS that man. But if we MORTIFY the sin in that body, that body is DEAD to sin, and the Spirit of God can give it LIFE: ETERNAL HOLY LIFE AFTER SPIRITUAL DEATH.....

Did God not give us the parable of the seed that needs to die before it can bear fruit? Our body of sin has to DIE, BEFORE God can give it the holy life. ALL sin in us has to die before God can make HIS HOLY LIFE alive in us....

This mortal (fleshly) body is the body God QUICKEN (make alive, give life too) when HE PUTS HIS SPIRIT IN IT, AFTER it died to sin. This same body we sinned with, God can put His Spirit into, to live a perfect holy life here on earth... This is called REGENENRATION. MAKE ALIVE FOR GOD, BY GOD. Saul became Paul. Saul sinner, Paul Godly man... And physically they looked very much the same, but the EYES.... OH THE EYES....another study. Yet ALL was made NEW.... Saul was the old, Paul was the ALL NEW... Same with us.... And god gives it clearly,... The old has PASSED (DIED) behold EVERYTHING is made NEW! Everything, and God cannot lie.... Even the last cell in your flesh is MADE NEW by GOD HIMSLEF...

Let us just get this VERY clear.... God gave life to this body the moment we left our mother’s womb. And he does so by giving a spirit (your spirit) to that little infant body. But that is not the only time gives that flesh (mortal body) LIFE! God gives it YET another life (called Rebirth, or Born of God) when he AGAIN put a Spirit in us. Not a spirit that can do sin like the one we received at birth... Nope this time god GIVES HIS HOLY SPIRIT to give this flesh a HOLY LIFE! God calls it quicken the mortal body here in Romans 8.

Now let us look at the TWO LIVES God puts in us.... The first life God gives us as infants is the life we live and we turn it WROTTEN and FITLHY by sinning..... The second life God gives is life with His Spirit, and it is HIS LIFE with NO SIN that He lives in us, right here on earth! That life is just as perfect as Jesus lived. Just as holy, because it is the EXACT SAME SPIRIT THAT LIVED IN JESUS that now lives in us.

What is the deference between the two lives? Jesus Christ is the difference.... The one life had NO Jesus, and the other has ONLY JESUS! The one life was lead by YOUR spirit, and the other is lead by GOD’S SPIRIT. The first one cannot live holy, the other CANNOT sin. The first life ENDED and is dead the other LIFE was made alive BY GOD for GOD. To live as God wants it to live... PERFECT!

The first life was lived by you; the second is lived by Christ IN YOU! You died IN CHRIST, so HE CAN LIVE IN YOU! You are as dead to this life and sin, as God is alive for HIS LIFE IN YOU. Please understand this.... When you die (mortify) the works of the flesh (sin) you are not made alive again in this body to sin, Christ is made alive in you to live a HOLY AND PERFECT LIFE IN this body. When we kill sin, we cleanse our spirits, by the LEAD of the Holy Spirit. We cannot be made alive, BEFORE WE DIED off those deeds!

If you sin..... Your
spirit is still IN YOU, in the your flesh. And that spirit is DIRTY WITH SIN! But if we DIE off sin, ONE BY ONE they are LAID DOWN TO DIE! Then we are being LEAD to be cleansed... Once we laid down ALL sin, Father God KNOWS this, He then takes our cleansed spirit, and He receives that SNOW WHITE, PURE SPIRIT, and makes it one WITH HIM. He GLORIFIES that cleansed spirit to be HOLY SPIRIT.

Jesus presents us to Himself and Father CLEANSED (without spot or wrinkle) completely sanctified, and HE GLORIFIES US WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. And the flesh we once occupied is now PERMANANTLY occupied by HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

Where is our spirit that God gave us when we were born? WE ARE ALREADY IN GOD. HID in God, the Word says! We are HID from the world IN GOD! We are where Christ is, and He is where we are... HIDDEN IN GOD!
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

We are dead to sin and sin is dead to us, but we are ALIVE IN GOD and God lives in us! BORN OF GOD as the Lord teaches. And HIS SEED remaineth (look....REMAINS) in us. And we in Him just for the clearification.

That my friend is the ONLY way God saves souls. Do you know when will all the saints be REVEALED and HOW? For those that DIED IN CHRIST, shall RISE FIRST! What an AWESOME God He is!

Even though His Spirit confess with our spirit that we are the sons of God, WE ARE HIDDEN IN GOD WITH CHRIST..... The world knoweth HIM NOT! But this is another study...

I hope this was not too difficult to understand. I know it is DEEP. But God said... He gave us a Spirit that will seek the depths of God. And He teaches ALL THE WAY. Maybe we should start at the beginning of how God saves...with God’s CALLING. And the Cross. And then WALK through the Word and learn how SALVATION is done by God.

God’s salvation starts on ALL of us as sinners by HIM CALLING.... God starts salvation, and HE ends salvation.... but in between is a LOT to know!

Father, give wisdom and EYES to see and EARS to hear.... Lord reveal Your scripture to people that read this. AMEN!

When we discussed the thread of the Holy Spirit in you, Abiding tried to show that people that have the Holy Spirit of GOD IN them, can or do still sin...

Abiding is right,Yes, they do. It is the Holy Spirit that sanctifies us(Rom15:16), so if the Holy Spirit does not live in you, you cannot be sanctified, therefore you cannot reach glorification, so to believe the Holy Spirit will not enrter a person until they have reached glorification, means the Holy Spirit will never enter someone, therefore no one can be a Christian or inherit eternall ife

Last edited:

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
we sin until the say we die. God saves us from those sins that we commit. You make it sound as if we have to be sinless to gt into heaven:confused:

Jan 11, 2013
we sin until the say we die. God saves us from those sins that we commit. You make it sound as if we have to be sinless to gt into heaven:confused:
He does believe you must attain sinlesslness in the flesh before the Holy Spirit will enter your life

Feb 17, 2010
Mark at least you know now what I believe. Thank you Jesus that he now nderstand how I believe YOU SAVE....

I believe this.... No man can recieve the Holy Spirit to LIVE IN HIM, and sin. This means the Holy Spirit has part in sin when you sin.

Let me ask you this... Let us assume I have the Holy Spirit in me .... Now I go and I see Mark's wife and I LIKE... and I charm her and we go to Mark's house and have a WILD LUSTFUL afternoon in Mark's house.... Do you think the Holy Spirit is in me and also share in this EVIL deeds? Or does he wait at the door untill I leave Mark's house and then He jumps back into me.

You see we have to remember that God asked WHAT COMMUNIN HAS LIGHT WITH DARKNESS? Sin is done IN DARKNESS,. it is WORKS OF DARKNESS... It CANNOT be done in light!

Boy are you people confused, by YEARS of lying to people by FALSE teachers....

What does holy mean to you MARK.... HOLY SPIRIT.... what does it mean? How can he remain holy in a FOUL person? Does the person stay foul even with the Holy Spirit in him? Does the Holy Spirit do sin with the sinner? Did God not say... REPENT (turn from sin) and be baptized.... Repent comes BEFORE baptism... Not during or halfway. Batism comes AFTER repentance. Paul the worst Christian persecuter EVER had only like ONE sin to repent from... Saul was not a bad person, he was just a very good Pharisee.... SAtan only sinned ONCE... Adam only snned ONCE... and they ALL lost it....

God says in Ezekiel.... If the righteous turn away from his righteousness, and commit sin, He shall DIE. So it is clear sin brings DEATH.
But then God also says... If a wicked turn from his wicked ways,,,, HE SHALL SAVE HIS SOUL ALIVE..

Now in the New testament God says... He that commit sin is of the DEVIL. Period.... Not of God of the DEVIL..
Then what does one do that comes from God?... Whosoever is born of God SINNETH NOT!!!! Oh so sinners is of Satan, and holy people is of God.... Easy enough for me to say with ALL honesty.... I am of Satan. I SIN!

But I know and believe... whosoever is Born of God (filled with His Spirit) CANNOT sin, SINNETH not, are HOLY... I KNOW this. Not by what you teach, by what GOD teach... 1 John 3:9 and 1 John3:18, and 2 Peter 1:21, and Ezekiel 18. 1 Peter 1:16. Eph 5:27. Eph 4:11 to 13. Eph 1:4 Romans 11:16 2 Peter 3:14. 1 Peter 1:19 1 Tim 6:14. James 1:17. 1 John 4:17. Col 1:28. Oh and MANY more...
The whole Bible is full of how holy people are that recieved the Spirit of God... God says.. you will recieve POWER when the Holy Spirit is come upon you... WOW! Power from above...

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
1 John 1

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us 3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us

One can only be forgiven if they accept their sin.

One can be punished without admitting their sin...

There can only be guilty and a pardon.

John 3

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.22After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23And John also was baptizing in AEnon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. 24For John was not yet cast into prison.25Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying. 26And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him. 27John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. 28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. 32And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. 33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Feb 17, 2010
Here is a good question…. What does a person have to do BEFORE GOD AND JESUS, comes to ABODE WITH HIM?
Jesus said this…. John 14:22. If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Please do not get lost now… Jesus says if a man love Jesus, HE WILL KEEP HIS WORDS… Now I have to be really impeded not to understand that KEEPING HIS WORDS is to OBEY what HE SAID…. But that is not all in this verse… If such a man DOES keep His words, THE FATHER WILL LOVE HIM, and they will come and make their abode with him….

Who cannot see that the FIRST thing mentioned here is the LOVE OF A MAN THAT KEEP THE WORDS OF JESUS…. THEN the Father and Son will come and make their abide with this man…

NOT WHILE THE MAN IS TRYING TO KEEP THE WORDS and TRYING TO LOVE JESUS…. Get that right FIRST then They will come and abide with you. KEEP HIS WORDS FIRST!!!! That is another study, but for now…. Will Jesus and Father come stay with me if I do not KEEP his words? NO!!!!! How can I keep His words? How do I keep these words?.... Matthew 5:48… Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
John 14 :23… He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Let us learn to love Him, Let us learn His Words and KEEP them…

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Matthew 5

And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

[SUP]2 [/SUP]And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
[SUP]28 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
[SUP]32 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
[SUP]34 [/SUP]But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
[SUP]35 [/SUP]Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
[SUP]36 [/SUP]Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[SUP]39 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[SUP]40 [/SUP]And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
[SUP]41 [/SUP]And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
[SUP]42 [/SUP]Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[SUP]45 [/SUP]That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[SUP]47 [/SUP]And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[SUP]48 [/SUP]Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect
Peace and Blessings.

E

eternally-gratefull

The only way to reach sinless perfection is to truly understand perfect love.. Since we can not learn this without first feeling the love and forgiveness of God..We must be saved BEFORE we can even start on the path of sanctification. One does not learn perfect love overnight. it takes along time, alot of trials and tribulations. Alot of learning what true sin is.

Those who claim you must first become pure. then and only then can you be saved at teaching law. man can not make himself good. he does not know how.. These people still need to repent. they are still trusting self. and have no faith in God whatsoever.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Luke 17

And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. 6And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.7But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? 8And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? 9Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29For he taught them as onehaving authority, and not as the scribes.

Jan 11, 2013
Now I go and I see Mark's wife and I LIKE... and I charm her and we go to Mark's house and have a WILD LUSTFUL afternoon in Mark's house....
What makes you think you could charm my wife?

She has been faithful to me in over 20 years of marriage.
When we got married, she told me she didn't want me preaching at her

So I doubt you would be able to charm her Cobus, more likely drive her round the bend:D

A

Ariel82

no you have not shown by your words that the Holy Spirit is WITH you because your doctrine is still a false perversion of what scriptures teach.

\ The Spirit does not have to be IN me to teach me, He only has to be WITH ME and also teach me. And we all know He is with me as he is with you!

Let me put it in the simplest way I can so that you do not misunderstand what I believe to be God’s salvation.... ALL saved people is IN GOD (and in Him is no sin)
All saved flesh has ONLY THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN THEM that is why that flesh CANNOT SIN.... The old human spirit (the life that person lived in flesh) has DIED for that flesh! That person (the sinner's deeds of the body) is DEAD DEAD DEAD... Mortified God says in Romans 8. And the LIFE after the “make alive by the Spirit of God” is a HOLY LIFE without sin! Evident throughout the Bible! There are MANY places where God says this, MANY!

This is a LIE.

The human spirit does NOT die. the Human Body the flesh DIES. the old covenant dies. the Law that enslaves one dies and new life is given in Christ. the NEW covenant is established. Jesus blood washes one clean.

you ignore these verses when you think that the human spirit dies or is replaced with God's Holy Spirit.

Romans 8
[SUP]15 [/SUP]For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” [SUP]16[/SUP]The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, [SUP]17 [/SUP]and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

it does not say that the HOly Spirit kills our spirit and replaces it. it says that the Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit.

again in the very same chapter it speaks of how we have the first fruits of the SPIRIT and await the redemption of our bodies.

Our SPIRIT is renewed and guided by the HOLY SPIRIT, just as in the end our bodies will be ressurected into eternal bodies.

THe Holy Spirit does not replace our spirit but renews it. Neither do we get Jesus actual resurrected body, we get our own that is like Jesus.

I doubt you will listen Cobus, but you have deceived yourself and are teaching lies.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Psalm 119

119 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O Lord, put me not to shame.
[SUP]32 [/SUP]I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
[SUP]34 [/SUP]Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
[SUP]36 [/SUP]Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.
[SUP]39 [/SUP]Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.
[SUP]40 [/SUP]Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
[SUP]41 [/SUP]Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
[SUP]42 [/SUP]So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
[SUP]43 [/SUP]And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
[SUP]45 [/SUP]And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.
[SUP]47 [/SUP]And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
[SUP]48 [/SUP]My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
[SUP]49 [/SUP]Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.
[SUP]50 [/SUP]This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
[SUP]51 [/SUP]The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.
[SUP]52 [/SUP]I remembered thy judgments of old, O Lord; and have comforted myself.
[SUP]53 [/SUP]Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.
[SUP]54 [/SUP]Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
[SUP]55 [/SUP]I have remembered thy name, O Lord, in the night, and have kept thy law.
[SUP]56 [/SUP]This I had, because I kept thy precepts.
[SUP]57 [/SUP]Thou art my portion, O Lord: I have said that I would keep thy words.
Wonderful Psalms.

A

Ariel82

God have mercy because this is just plain blasphemy.
I believe that the Holy Spirit was never with you if you are not convicted of even thinking of such acts. for JEsus said it was a SIN to even THINK about lusting after another man's wife. HE would not remain "in" someone and NOT stop them from even walking to the house to do such vile acts. in addition The Holy Spirit does not jump in and out of people.

Decieving, demonic spirit pretending to be angels of light do.

Let me ask you this... Let us assume I have the Holy Spirit in me .... Now I go and I see Mark's wife and I LIKE... and I charm her and we go to Mark's house and have a WILD LUSTFUL afternoon in Mark's house.... Do you think the Holy Spirit is in me and also share in this EVIL deeds? Or does he wait at the door untill I leave Mark's house and then He jumps back into me.

Easy enough for me to say with ALL honesty.... I am of Satan. I SIN!

But I know and believe... whosoever is Born of God (filled with His Spirit) CANNOT sin, SINNETH not, are HOLY... I KNOW this. Not by what you teach, by what GOD teach... 1 John 3:9 and 1 John3:18, and 2 Peter 1:21, and Ezekiel 18. 1 Peter 1:16. Eph 5:27. Eph 4:11 to 13. Eph 1:4 Romans 11:16 2 Peter 3:14. 1 Peter 1:19 1 Tim 6:14. James 1:17. 1 John 4:17. Col 1:28. Oh and MANY more...
The whole Bible is full of how holy people are that recieved the Spirit of God... God says.. you will recieve POWER when the Holy Spirit is come upon you... WOW! Power from above...
and that folks says it all.

1. the bible does NOt say that those who sin are Satan. It says that sin leads to death and that the power of sin is the Law. however Jesus put that to death and established a NEW Covenant.

I guess the problem is that you don't really understand the law to begin with so don't understand the meaning of the verses below.

Romans 7
Romans 7

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? [SUP]2 [/SUP]For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. [SUP]3 [/SUP]So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. [SUP]6 [/SUP]But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 11, 2013
Mark at least you know now what I believe. Thank you Jesus that he now nderstand how I believe YOU SAVE....

I believe this.... No man can recieve the Holy Spirit to LIVE IN HIM, and sin. This means the Holy Spirit has part in sin when you sin.

You see we have to remember that God asked WHAT COMMUNIN HAS LIGHT WITH DARKNESS? Sin is done IN DARKNESS,. it is WORKS OF DARKNESS... It CANNOT be done in light!

Boy are you people confused, by YEARS of lying to people by FALSE teachers....

What does holy mean to you MARK.... HOLY SPIRIT.... what does it mean? How can he remain holy in a FOUL person? Does the person stay foul even with the Holy Spirit in him? Does the Holy Spirit do sin with the sinner? Did God not say... REPENT (turn from sin) and be baptized.... Repent comes BEFORE baptism... Not during or halfway. Batism comes AFTER repentance. Paul the worst Christian persecuter EVER had only like ONE sin to repent from... Saul was not a bad person, he was just a very good Pharisee.... SAtan only sinned ONCE... Adam only snned ONCE... and they ALL lost it....

God says in Ezekiel.... If the righteous turn away from his righteousness, and commit sin, He shall DIE. So it is clear sin brings DEATH.
But then God also says... If a wicked turn from his wicked ways,,,, HE SHALL SAVE HIS SOUL ALIVE..

Now in the New testament God says... He that commit sin is of the DEVIL. Period.... Not of God of the DEVIL..
Then what does one do that comes from God?... Whosoever is born of God SINNETH NOT!!!! Oh so sinners is of Satan, and holy people is of God.... Easy enough for me to say with ALL honesty.... I am of Satan. I SIN!

Thing is Cobus, the Christian only has one righteousness before God the whole of their Christian life, faith in Christ(Rom1:17)
I would say Paul's core Gospel message could be summed up in the following
'For sin shall not be your master, for you are not under law but under Grace(Rom 6:14)

we know sin is the tansgrssion of the law(1John3:4)

Therefore, according to the Gospel you have been self taught, a person is under law, and they cannot be saved, and the HoLy Spirit will not enter their life until they, by their own effort have learned to perfectly uophold the law

That is about as far away from the core of Paul's Gospel as you can get

E

eternally-gratefull

Thing is Cobus, the Christian only has one righteousness before God the whole of their Christian life, faith in Christ(Rom1:17)
I would say Paul's core Gospel message could be summed up in the following
'For sin shall not be your master, for you are not under law but under Grace(Rom 6:14)

we know sin is the tansgrssion of the law(1John3:4)

Therefore, according to the Gospel you have been self taught, a person is under law, and they cannot be saved, and the HoLy Spirit will not enter their life until they, by their own effort have learned to perfectly uophold the law

That is about as far away from the core of Paul's Gospel as you can get
I am amazed that people look at themselves. and think I have not murdered, Have not committed adultery, Have not stolen anything (so they think) think they have made it. When they have no clue of the actual sin they do have in their life.

Jan 11, 2013
I am amazed that people look at themselves. and think I have not murdered, Have not committed adultery, Have not stolen anything (so they think) think they have made it. When they have no clue of the actual sin they do have in their life.
Exactly, the above is very Phariseeical(Luke 18:9-14)

E

eternally-gratefull

Exactly, the above is very Phariseeical(Luke 18:9-14)
Like I have said before, if we (including them) stood in front of God almighty right now. we would be horrified at the knowledge of the sin we commit on a daily basis.. and would bow in fear!

A

Ariel82

i guess Loveme thinks we need more scripture?

Galatians 3
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. [SUP]22 [/SUP]But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. [SUP]23 [/SUP]But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. [SUP]24 [/SUP]Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. [SUP]25 [/SUP]But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

[h=3]Galatians 4[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, [SUP]2 [/SUP]but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. [SUP]4 [/SUP]But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born[SUP][a][/SUP] of a woman, born under the law, [SUP]5 [/SUP]to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

[SUP]6 [/SUP]And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” [SUP]7 [/SUP]Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of[SUP][b][/SUP] God through Christ.