Moses on Homosexual

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
Actually this is not Moses' personal view , although I think he thought the same way, this was given him by the Creator of the universe, he didn't just make it up, this was divinely appointed as where all the commands, and the result for willingly and knowingly ignoring and disobeying them is clearly shown in both the OT and the NT and those who think they can change or abrogate these commands is sorely mistaken, and on THAT day a great and terrible price will be paid, we are accountable as believers to proclaim the truth in wisdom and out of a heart of love for lost souls, a great price was paid for our redemption and we as the redeemed of the earth have a command to speak loudly and often against the abominations committed in the land, we all must ask ourselves this question: whom do we really fear? man, or God, choose this day who you will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve Yahweh.

nogard

Aug 21, 2013
OP, that would be similar to saying it's okay for someone to have sex with a child or with a goat, "as long as they are committed to each other long term." Just because there is love, consent, and longevity to the relationship does not magically make the act itself okay all of a sudden. Now, I'm not saying homosexuality is the same as pedophilia or bestiality, I think they are all their own deviations of how our brains were naturally designed to function.

However, I will concede that back in Moses' time, the relationship structure between homosexuals was different than it is in today's society, similar to slavery. Slavery was very different in Bible times than compared to in the early years of the United States. Likewise, homosexuality in society was much different in those times as it is today.

Also, one must remember that the law was meant for the Hebrew people at that time period, not for all people for all time. Christians in fact are claimed to no longer be under the law. This is why we can eat shellfish and we don't stone our children for having sex out of marriage. I will also agree that it is a bit unfair that even though many laws in the Torah are now disregarded and not followed, people still like to hold onto the "gay sex is an abomination" clause as if it is some exceptional rule that will never change. Basically they're saying, "We can now eat shellfish and we don't have to stone people anymore, but that gay sex thing, that still stands" It's a bit hypocritical. And they try to justify it by saying some are cultural laws and some are moral laws, but the stoning stuff would fall under the moral laws, so I never understood that logic.

Unfortunately, there are other verses outside of the Torah that appear to condemn homosexuality, although I have heard convincing arguments against those verses meaning what people think they mean. It's an interesting discussion for sure.

So while I think the premise of that poster is wrong, I do think there is room for discussion about all of this for sure.

L

leonardronaldo

Actually this is not Moses' personal view , although I think he thought the same way, this was given him by the Creator of the universe, he didn't just make it up, this was divinely appointed as where all the commands, and the result for willingly and knowingly ignoring and disobeying them is clearly shown in both the OT and the NT and those who think they can change or abrogate these commands is sorely mistaken, and on THAT day a great and terrible price will be paid, we are accountable as believers to proclaim the truth in wisdom and out of a heart of love for lost souls, a great price was paid for our redemption and we as the redeemed of the earth have a command to speak loudly and often against the abominations committed in the land, we all must ask ourselves this question: whom do we really fear? man, or God, choose this day who you will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve Yahweh.
Amen brother. Thanks for such a nice comment.

L

leonardronaldo

OP, that would be similar to saying it's okay for someone to have sex with a child or with a goat, "as long as they are committed to each other long term." Just because there is love, consent, and longevity to the relationship does not magically make the act itself okay all of a sudden. Now, I'm not saying homosexuality is the same as pedophilia or bestiality, I think they are all their own deviations of how our brains were naturally designed to function.

However, I will concede that back in Moses' time, the relationship structure between homosexuals was different than it is in today's society, similar to slavery. Slavery was very different in Bible times than compared to in the early years of the United States. Likewise, homosexuality in society was much different in those times as it is today.

Also, one must remember that the law was meant for the Hebrew people at that time period, not for all people for all time. Christians in fact are claimed to no longer be under the law. This is why we can eat shellfish and we don't stone our children for having sex out of marriage. I will also agree that it is a bit unfair that even though many laws in the Torah are now disregarded and not followed, people still like to hold onto the "gay sex is an abomination" clause as if it is some exceptional rule that will never change. Basically they're saying, "We can now eat shellfish and we don't have to stone people anymore, but that gay sex thing, that still stands" It's a bit hypocritical. And they try to justify it by saying some are cultural laws and some are moral laws, but the stoning stuff would fall under the moral laws, so I never understood that logic.

Unfortunately, there are other verses outside of the Torah that appear to condemn homosexuality, although I have heard convincing arguments against those verses meaning what people think they mean. It's an interesting discussion for sure.

So while I think the premise of that poster is wrong, I do think there is room for discussion about all of this for sure.
Sorry, but I guess you misread the post. It was an allegory for those gays' advocats who believe that gays' relationships are okay as long they are a long term ones. No, God through Moses never added any conditions. Abomination is an abomination. Just like any fornication of sexual relationship outside marriage, there is no exemption conditions given.

May I know what your belief is anyway? I acknowledge that you claim that you are not a believer in Christ.