Most embarrasing or funniest thing ppl had said to you bc of your singleness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
i have had wished to disappear many times too haha, or like an ostrich to hide my head under the ground
hahaha i know right! this is not the first time that happened! lol.

R

rauleetoe

YES!

People will say things like, AWE, its okay the right one is coming soon. And I'll be like.... o_O ( I don't know what the correct response is to that)

the one I don't like, more than any other is the, "When are you going to give your mother grand children?" <guilt trip. Because if love won't drive me to marry someone maybe guilt will. I should feel guilty for letting that children's pastor go because after 2 months of dating, we should have been engaged or something, not breaking up.

Married people can be strange and give the weirdest lectures. Here is a sample from a woman at my church: "What is wrong with (whatzerface)? She has a nice job, she is a nice girl, you could use a nice girl. I've talked with her parents and she's single as far as they know. I think she likes you. Why don't you ask her out? Are you too good for her, is that it? Whats your problem?"

once again o_O (I have no idea what they are complaining about or how to respond to make ^that^ stop)
I had someone who was really old school..old baptist minister tell me..man when are you getting married? I was like..when i find someone who is marriage material and is on the same wavelength as me! Lol. Sure i would like to get married..but unfortunately so much pressure is put on us singles to get married. It's almost like we have not accomplished anything until we get 'there' and its sad and the enemy sure uses that against us at times doesn't he? He will have you in church looking at all the younger couples who got married and have kids/are expecting kids..and here you are, still single. And the enemy will throw those firey darts at your heart, saying..Look at them! Aren't they happy/cute together!
The enemy is a liar, he wages war with our souls and tries to discourage us all the time. I do not know if it is in the cards for me to be married. Would it be nice? Sure. Could it be a big headache,distraction and responsibility? Yes!
Do i want to be any harder on myself than the church has been, well meaning folk have been? Of course not...I need to be gracious with myself. For whatever reason, for now..i am single. Right now, I am single..should i be looking for a wife? I do not see it as a sin, so long as one looks for a person who is equally yoked to you..But i also know how it was such a distraction for me wheni was younger. I was so hard on myself because all these kids in bible school were getting married, all my old colleagues and friends got married. I am the only single one. So...yea it can be a huge struggle, you almost are tempted to think, What is wrong with me? Why won't anyone wanna marry me? You start to believe you are 'damaged goods'..but that's a lie too. All in all..i can relate so much to this thread in its entirety. All i know is..right now..for now..i am this way. It was not my plan or intention to be single this long..but I do want to believe God knows all things.only he knows why this is how it is for me..

R

rauleetoe

I get a lot of the following.. said very enthustiastically

"So.. where's your wife?"
"Is your Wife with you?"
"You must have a wonderful wife!"
"So how long have you been Married?"
"How many kids do you have?"

I love it.. I honestly take it as a compliment.. people are so SHOCKED.. I am not married and do not have any kids.. on top of that .. I do not have a girlfriend.. people believe I am LYING TO THEM!
I get that too..what is the funniest response is when i gently and non chalantly respond. Oh i am not married, the person gets all embarrassed or awkward and says, 'I am so sorry!' Why in the world are you sorry? I am not, it just is what it is..not all are meant to be married! Sometimes i wonder if this is what God wills for me, am i mad that it may be this way? No..sometimes i wish i would know for certain so if i am meant to carry my cross and be like Paul then i would do that and not even give this silly distraction one more minute of my time/thoughts/energy.

R

rauleetoe

I don't necessarily get embarrassed by stuff like that, but I did have one of those moments.

A lady at my father's church (he's the pastor) was talking to him after service one Sunday, and he calls me down, explaining her desire to speak with me.

I go, and am greeted with, "We've found your future wife.".

Internally, I'm like..."I didn't know I was in an arranged marriage system..."

So, she hands me a picture, and gives the brief life story of her granddaughter, Anna.

I'll be going to seminary at Asbury in Kentucky in about a year's time. She tells me that her son is alumni and on the board, and offers to fly me out there with Anna to stay for a week.

There's more, but after all this I'm like... ^^() Well, that's very kind, but I'm sure both she and I would have to have actually met each other and been friends before making that type of decision.

My family, friends, and coworkers gave me heck about it for a while after that.

yea..that was not a high pressure situation..lol. Folks mean good, i truly do feel that..but yeah, i do NOT like being set up..not by my mom,my brother,my father, or 'friends' or church family. I am a grown man and know what i like, and if i decide to get in a relationship..i know far better than you do what i like. I remember getting set up for a date with someone who was a coworker of a friend..talk about a shallow person, and not even a christian. And he was like, oh she's great..really pretty. She was ok at best, but not a very 'pretty' person on the inside. So needless to say, we never hung out again.

L

Liz01

I had someone who was really old school..old baptist minister tell me..man when are you getting married? I was like..when i find someone who is marriage material and is on the same wavelength as me! Lol. Sure i would like to get married..but unfortunately so much pressure is put on us singles to get married. It's almost like we have not accomplished anything until we get 'there' and its sad and the enemy sure uses that against us at times doesn't he? He will have you in church looking at all the younger couples who got married and have kids/are expecting kids..and here you are, still single. And the enemy will throw those firey darts at your heart, saying..Look at them! Aren't they happy/cute together!
The enemy is a liar, he wages war with our souls and tries to discourage us all the time. I do not know if it is in the cards for me to be married. Would it be nice? Sure. Could it be a big headache,distraction and responsibility? Yes!
Do i want to be any harder on myself than the church has been, well meaning folk have been? Of course not...I need to be gracious with myself. For whatever reason, for now..i am single. Right now, I am single..should i be looking for a wife? I do not see it as a sin, so long as one looks for a person who is equally yoked to you..But i also know how it was such a distraction for me wheni was younger. I was so hard on myself because all these kids in bible school were getting married, all my old colleagues and friends got married. I am the only single one. So...yea it can be a huge struggle, you almost are tempted to think, What is wrong with me? Why won't anyone wanna marry me? You start to believe you are 'damaged goods'..but that's a lie too. All in all..i can relate so much to this thread in its entirety. All i know is..right now..for now..i am this way. It was not my plan or intention to be single this long..but I do want to believe God knows all things.only he knows why this is how it is for me..
i have seen this happen before in my life too, at age of 25 many of my friends started to get married and having children and then many thoughts and doubts came into my mind, and i feel that i lost a lot of time struggling with those thoughts too.
Now i know that im not wrong or defective, but God decided that i be single in this moment, i usually think that if Paul said "But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am" is because to be single has more advantages and when God decide that i will serve him better as married than single then i know i will find my husband.