Most of the 4 Gospels are part of the Old Testament

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2013
Awesome insight! I've never put together the specific timing involved with the feasts along with specific order of the unfolding of those things in Christ. I love how it's even verified with Acts ch. 1. I hope that you don't mind that I saved this study to review again?

I also love the connection with the timing of the "perfect law of liberty."

Psalms 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Psalms 119:32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

"The scripture given in Leviticus 23:5-17 is the law that brings together the Old Testament, and the New Testament as far as I’m concerned."

I don't mind at all. I have one more for tomorrow, and then I hope to start another thread about John and the Old Testament. Even though the law was weak through the flesh, and the works thereof cannot justify, I think Christians are making a very big mistake if they neglect the study of the law and the prophets. I have found that it really helps seeing the dynamics of Christ Jesus, and how profound and wonderful God has put everything into action. It shows me of His wonder, and also myself, and what He thinks of my life and my heart. I love the scriptures you brought forth!!!!! God bless

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
1 John 2:18-19 (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

It is interesting, but sad, to note that John clearly says that the antichrists went out from them, and "they were not all of us", or we could say they were not from us.

1 John 2:26 (KJV)

[SUP]26 [/SUP]These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

James 2:19 (KJV)
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

2 Corinthians 11:14 (KJV)
[SUP]14 [/SUP]And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

I believe that the persuasion of Satan can appear to be very religious, but uses that disguise to deceive.
Yes and the battle rages on
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places
Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

So if not born yet of the Spirit of God maybe ask, so we can see with the Spirit eyes in place of the worldly ones?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Christians do not 'know their enemy' and that is why this is so prevalent.
Enemy is one's own flesh. If it were from the outside then to conquer the enemy would not be so difficult, but it is from the inside, not the outside
Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
[h=3]Mark 7:19-21[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

[SUP]21 [/SUP]For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

[h=3]Mark 7:22-23[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]22 [/SUP]Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
[SUP]23 [/SUP]All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Mar 4, 2013
Enemy is one's own flesh. If it were from the outside then to conquer the enemy would not be so difficult, but it is from the inside, not the outside
Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mark 7:19-21
King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

[SUP]21 [/SUP]For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Mark 7:22-23

King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]22 [/SUP]Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
[SUP]23 [/SUP]All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Amen brother, Amen. We all must understand that. When I was a child, my dad used to say that man was his own worst enemy.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Exodus 12:3-6 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
Exodus 12:11 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover.

Jesus came to Jerusalem, and was crucified 4 days later. He was buried just before sundown, which would have been the beginning of the 15th day.

Leviticus 23:5-6 (KJV)
[SUP]5 [/SUP]In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

Leviticus 23:10 (KJV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the (***) firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:

Leviticus 23:15-17 (KJV)
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Even unto the morrow (*)after the seventh sabbath shall ye number *fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the (***) firstfruits unto the LORD.

Deuteronomy 16:9-10 (KJV)
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Seven weeks (49 days)shalt thou number unto thee: begin to number the seven weeks from such time as thou beginnest to put the sickle to the corn.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And thou shalt keep the (**) feast of weeks unto the LORD thy God with a tribute of a freewill offering of thine hand, which thou shalt give unto the LORD thy God, according as the LORD thy God hath blessed thee

There are 49 days in 7 weeks. (*) One day “after the seventh Sabbath,” we then add this one day for a total of 50 days, according to the law. According to the New Testament, we now can incorporate the “law of liberty” that is mentioned in the book of James.

The scripture given in Leviticus 23:5-17 is the law that brings together the Old Testament, and the New Testament as far as I’m concerned.

The 14[SUP]th[/SUP] day is Passover
The 15[SUP]th[/SUP] day starts the (**)feast of weeks lasting 49 days.
On the 50th day is the feast of (***) first fruits, commemorating Pentecost, and the Israelites acting upon the commandments given to Moses. The growing season took 50 days for the barley to ripen representing the leaven of truth, ministered first to the Israelites, and then to the world through Christ.

This is Old Testament feast of weeks, and at the end of that time is the same day as Pentecost. There were 49 days counting the day of the crucifixion of Christ, and the sending of the Comforter.
I must say, that is a good correlation in truth of howe it is fitting together as a whole, thanks for the insight God ahs given you

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Awesome insight! I've never put together the specific timing involved with the feasts along with specific order of the unfolding of those things in Christ. I love how it's even verified with Acts ch. 1. I hope that you don't mind that I saved this study to review again?

I also love the connection with the timing of the "perfect law of liberty."

Psalms 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Psalms 119:32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

"The scripture given in Leviticus 23:5-17 is the law that brings together the Old Testament, and the New Testament as far as I’m concerned."
This all shows how Christ is the fulfillment of all Law and the Prophets.
Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Still a great mystery to some not seeing Christ as the fulfilling of the law and prophets as is what he stated he came to do.
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

then he went out and did the miracles he was directed by Father to do, then after fulfilling in proving he was from God the Father he went to the cross and yelled out:
John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What was finished, did he fulfill the Law and Prophets of the first Testament or did he not?

He did this to bring back to the first Chosen the first Covenant, the Abrahamic Covenant, that God swore to, and comes through with. The Mosaic law was not ever put in place at the time of Abraham, in fact it was 430 years later. It was and is by Faith that Abraham received the promise. So we are brought back to this Covenant, that God made with Abraham. It is by belief and through belief in God that one receives truth from God, not by Law or Laws. The Laws were put in place so we would know we are not whole and in need of new life in God's Spirit living in us and through us. This is why Paul said those under Law are under the curse. Because no flesh can obey Law perfectly. Only Christ could do this, and Christ was born of the Virgin Mary, and so no other flesh can do what Christ did. And is why being born again in the Spirit of God is necessary in order to be made back whole with God. And why unless one is born again one can't see the kingdom of God.
Thanks

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Amen brother, Amen. We all must understand that. When I was a child, my dad used to say that man was his own worst enemy.
We are when we are selfish, been there, could be again, praying not to be. stopping and thinking, asking god for God's words not mine, and considering all things before responding, taking into account the awesome love of God, that "I" never deserved to receive, thanks for your insight, it is helping me.

Mar 4, 2013
Refer to posts 180, 187, 191, 192, 197, 198, 199
Leviticus 7:13 (KJV)
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.

Deuteronomy 26:1-2 (KJV)

[SUP]1 [/SUP]And it shall be, when thou art come in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein;
[SUP]2 [/SUP]That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name there.

Deuteronomy 26:10 (KJV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God:

1 Corinthians 15:20 (KJV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP]But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Hebrews 12:11 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Philippians 1:11 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Amos 4:5 (KJV)
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Romans 11:16 (KJV)
[SUP]16 [/SUP]For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Leaven expands the mix of the flour, oil, and salt
Flour=word of truth
Oil=spirit of persuasion
Salt=preservative,
Frankincense was offered in the Levitical sacrifice, but is not used with conventional bread. It is a disinfectant, with many other additional attributes. Honey or sugar is used to activate yeast (leaven).

1 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

These next 2 scripture references are proven true. Leaven is carnal without Christ, and the Kingdom of heaven is…….
Well, I’ll let Jesus explain that one;
Luke 13:20-21 (KJV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. Victory In Jesus

Matthew 4:3-4 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Deuteronomy 8:3 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

AMEN

L

Least

I don't mind at all. I have one more for tomorrow, and then I hope to start another thread about John and the Old Testament. Even though the law was weak through the flesh, and the works thereof cannot justify, I think Christians are making a very big mistake if they neglect the study of the law and the prophets. I have found that it really helps seeing the dynamics of Christ Jesus, and how profound and wonderful God has put everything into action. It shows me of His wonder, and also myself, and what He thinks of my life and my heart. I love the scriptures you brought forth!!!!! God bless
I completely agree that it's a mistake to neglect the study of the law and prophets along with the entire bible. Each time I read through the bible or study a specific subject, I find that there's so much more to learn and I believe this is why Jesus said, "man shall not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God," and "If you continue in My Word, you are my disciples indeed, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free," and "seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened unto you."

The disciples who walked directly with Jesus didn't have a full understanding immediately, and gaining understanding in order to walk in the truth was and is imperative. Proverbs 1 and 2 both go into this. However, Jesus told the disciples that:
John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

As we continue in ALL of the word, and grow and mature, I believe that we are given more as we're able to bear it and to walk in it, and in that it's out with the old leaven, and in with the new.

God bless you brother

L

Least

We are when we are selfish, been there, could be again, praying not to be. stopping and thinking, asking god for God's words not mine, and considering all things before responding, taking into account the awesome love of God, that "I" never deserved to receive, thanks for your insight, it is helping me.

Amen about asking God for HIS words and not our own. I pray that often as well. Even when we do slip up, as I know that I have, when we recognize it I think it's an opportunity for there to be changes made in our hearts.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
James 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Psalms 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

L

Least

Refer to posts 180, 187, 191, 192, 197, 198, 199
Leviticus 7:13 (KJV)
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.

Deuteronomy 26:1-2 (KJV)

[SUP]1 [/SUP]And it shall be, when thou art come in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein;
[SUP]2 [/SUP]That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name there.

Deuteronomy 26:10 (KJV)
[SUP]10 [/SUP]And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God:

1 Corinthians 15:20 (KJV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP]But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Hebrews 12:11 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Philippians 1:11 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Amos 4:5 (KJV)
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Romans 11:16 (KJV)
[SUP]16 [/SUP]For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Leaven expands the mix of the flour, oil, and salt
Flour=word of truth
Oil=spirit of persuasion
Salt=preservative,
Frankincense was offered in the Levitical sacrifice, but is not used with conventional bread. It is a disinfectant, with many other additional attributes. Honey or sugar is used to activate yeast (leaven)."

1 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

These next 2 scripture references are proven true. Leaven is carnal without Christ, and the Kingdom of heaven is…….
Well, I’ll let Jesus explain that one;
Luke 13:20-21 (KJV)
[SUP]20 [/SUP]And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. Victory In Jesus

Matthew 4:3-4 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Deuteronomy 8:3 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

AMEN
Another great study Just-me, I'm going to dig in further on the subject of:

"Leaven expands the mix of the flour, oil, and salt
Flour=word of truth
Oil=spirit of persuasion
Salt=preservative,
Frankincense was offered in the Levitical sacrifice, but is not used with conventional bread. It is a disinfectant, with many other additional attributes. Honey or sugar is used to activate yeast (leaven).

I also want to spend more time on the specific scarifies and offerings made because I believe that there's much more to that, and the carnal aspects of human nature that I've yet to understand. Not that these things are not apparent, but still I'm learning.

Strong's Concordance define "Carnal" as:

In Hebrew: 4904 mishkab mish-kawb' from 7901; a bed (figuratively, a bier); abstractly, sleep; by euphemism, carnal intercourse:--bed((-chamber)), couch, lieth (lying) with.

And in Greek:

4559. sarkikos sar-kee-kos' from 4561; pertaining to flesh, i.e. (by extension) bodily, temporal, or (by implication) animal, unregenerate:--carnal, fleshly.

4561. sarx sarx probably from the base of 4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), i.e. (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred), or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specially), a human being (as such):--carnal(-ly, + -ly minded), flesh(-ly).

There are more definitions as well, but these are some that really stood out to me. I have studied this out, and there are a whole lot of passages throughout the bible that show what the carnal/animalistic (I've had people get very upset with me for using the "animalistic" word in describing the carnal ways of human nature.)

Still, I believe that there's more in the sacrifices that tie further into this.

Some verses that have always stood out to me are:

Psalms 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalms 107:21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalms 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

Thank you for continuing to share your studies. It's a blessing.

I love the song:

Chorus:
"O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood"

Last edited:
K

Kerry

The law, mainly the ten commandments show Gods nature. The law of leviticus shows that the only means for the hope of man is the sacrifice of a pure, sinless man. The sheep and goats were symbolic of the truth that Jesus would come and be the lamb that "takes away the sins of the world". There is no fruit in these sacrifices, it does nothing for you and it is impossible to do. There is no temple or tabernacle, there is no brazen altar and there is no fire.

There is only Jesus and our faith placed in His work at the cross. The sacrifices of lambs showed their faith in the lamb to come and only covered their sin and did not remove it. Thank God for the lamb Jesus Christ!!!!!

What law can you obey to be free from the law, ask Paul.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The law, mainly the ten commandments show Gods nature. The law of leviticus shows that the only means for the hope of man is the sacrifice of a pure, sinless man. The sheep and goats were symbolic of the truth that Jesus would come and be the lamb that "takes away the sins of the world". There is no fruit in these sacrifices, it does nothing for you and it is impossible to do. There is no temple or tabernacle, there is no brazen altar and there is no fire.

There is only Jesus and our faith placed in His work at the cross. The sacrifices of lambs showed their faith in the lamb to come and only covered their sin and did not remove it. Thank God for the lamb Jesus Christ!!!!!

What law can you obey to be free from the law, ask Paul.
I think Kerry, they might know this, and have chosen to serve God in this way, and it is God that knows one's true Motives. For that is what is going to be Judged is our motive, for in what we do, as to the why we did it. That is at least clear to me. When he says to those he never knew them, those that say but Lord "I" did this and that in your name, and he states he does not know those that work iniquity, being out for the self. Just My opinion in this matter overall

L

Least

I think Kerry, they might know this, and have chosen to serve God in this way, and it is God that knows one's true Motives. For that is what is going to be Judged is our motive, for in what we do, as to the why we did it. That is at least clear to me. When he says to those he never knew them, those that say but Lord "I" did this and that in your name, and he states he does not know those that work iniquity, being out for the self. Just My opinion in this matter overall
Hi homwarbound and Kerry, It's not so much "motive," for me, but desire to study, seek, understand and apply the word to my life.
When the law comes into discussions, many times there's an assumption that it is the main focus of the person who mentioned it. For me personally, studying the entire bible, including the law in conjunction with the gospel and the teachings of Paul brings more clarity than I ever imagined. When I first started to study the word, I stuck with the gospels as i assumed that the "OT" had no relevance, but when I committed to read the entire word, there were connections from the beginning to end that I could not deny.

Proverbs 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

This passage (below) to me, is one of several examples that bring the whole word together.

1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

We start off natural, all of us. But in Christ the spiritual is understood.

The whole counsel of God begins in Genesis.

Mar 4, 2013

Yes my friend you are correct. I appreciate it that you and Least understand the value of this thread that it is not trying to teach that the law is something that God never intended from the first. The purpose is to give understanding of the reason why the scriptures have been preserved for us as they have, and the truth about how the entire Bible all fit together in perfection. Not according to the understanding of the carnal miind, but according to the beauty of God's foreknowledge. Thanks

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hi homwarbound and Kerry, It's not so much "motive," for me, but desire to study, seek, understand and apply the word to my life.
When the law comes into discussions, many times there's an assumption that it is the main focus of the person who mentioned it. For me personally, studying the entire bible, including the law in conjunction with the gospel and the teachings of Paul brings more clarity than I ever imagined. When I first started to study the word, I stuck with the gospels as i assumed that the "OT" had no relevance, but when I committed to read the entire word, there were connections from the beginning to end that I could not deny.

Proverbs 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Acts 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

This passage (below) to me, is one of several examples that bring the whole word together.

1 Corinthians 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

We start off natural, all of us. But in Christ the spiritual is understood.

The whole counsel of God begins in Genesis.
And Sister you continue, I did that many moons ago, started at the beginning and read to the end, many a times over and over, trusting God all the way to reveal to me what God wanted to reveal to me as God is doing the same for you to you
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Yes my friend you are correct. I appreciate it that you and Least understand the value of this thread that it is not trying to teach that the law is something that God never intended from the first. The purpose is to give understanding of the reason why the scriptures have been preserved for us as they have, and the truth about how the entire Bible all fit together in perfection. Not according to the understanding of the carnal miind, but according to the beauty of God's foreknowledge. Thanks
all scripture is God-breathed. Not all interpretations are though. so seek God first and foremost to know God, just to know God and be humble in God, trusting God for God and God's words to work through you as God sees fit to grow us up into maturity, perfection found in God through Son, and thanks