Mother and stepmother

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

Please pray
1). My mother just called me yesterday. At this point we have a distant relationship for good reason. Yesterday, she actually sounded "good". While I'm happy to an extent, this makes me nervous because when she's doing well, she lashes out. So I guess I'm kind of waiting for her next attack. She also called me and I answered. I'm nervous again because she may take this to mean she can call whenever she wants, and when I do not respond, she will lash out. She also declared that she is going to save her social security to pay for my plane ticket to visit. While this may sound great, she's likely I use this to try and manipulate my visit. Lastly, the last 3 calls I've had with her I can already sense her manipulation, and I really don't know what to do with it other than avoid it as much as possible. My mother is a Christian.
2). Sadly, I am closer to my stepmom than my own mother. She is a quiet and isolated woman who was married to my abusive father for 20 yrs before he died last June. In the 90's she took Phen-Phen and experienced some problems with it. Today she was in the ER getting all kind of tests. My stepmother is Mormon, but I believe she really is open and seeking truth. When my dad was awaiting his transplant, they lived with my friends, the associate pastor at my church, for 6 months.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Your mom and stepmom are both in my prayers in Jesus for all you ask.

Hugs and God bless :)
pickles

Aug 2, 2009
I'll pray for you, Jordache. God bless.

T

tenderhearted

Father God, I thank you that you are using Jordache in her step mother's life. Father God I pray that her step mother would come to know you. I pray that you would place christian people in her path that would show her kindness. May they water those seeds that Jordache has planted. Bring healing and restoration to her body.

Father God I pray that Jordache's mother would grow in the fruit of the spirit. May she know how much you love her. In Jesus name Amen!!! :)

J

Jordache

My stepmom is out of the hospital. Her BP was 102/39 when she went in. It's still low but much better.