MOVING IN WITH MY INLAWS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

ypineda

I'VE BEEN STRESSING SO MUCH OVER THE SMALLEST THINGS AND THOUGH I TRY TO BE MORE PATIENT WE JUST SEEM TO KEEP GOING DOWN HILL. WE WERE LIVING WITH MY PARENTS AND REALLY THAT WAS A MISTAKE. MY MOM THINKS THAT BECAUSE I DONT PARTY AND DRINK THAT IM A LOW LIFE. SHE THINKS MY SISTERS AND BROTHER ARE ENJOYING LIFE MORE THAN ME. SO YEA I LOST SOME FRIENDS WHEN I CONVERTED INTO CHRISTIANITY AND I LEFT DRINKING AND PARTYING BEHIND. SO YEA WE ARE HAVING SOME FINANCIAL ISSUES AND ARE STRUGGLING TO GET BACK ON TOP BUT ATLEAST I KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE. GOD KNOWS WE'RE DEVOTED TO HIM AND HE KNOWS THATS WE'RE IN NEED OF MOVING BACK TO OUR OWN PLACE BUT I CANT HELP BUT FEEL HURT THAT MY MOM IS TRYING TO MAKE ME DO SOMETHING I KNOW IS WRONG AND IF I DONT DO IT I GET CHEWED OUT. MY ONLY SUPPORT IS MY HUSBAND AND FATHER. BUT ITS SO HARD LIVING WITH MY MOM. I LOVE HER TO DEATH BUT I CANT STAND HER. ITS SO BAD THAT IVE EVEN MOVED IN WITH MY INLAWS. HOPE IT GOES BETTER HERE THAN THERE BECAUSE I NEVER WANTED TO GET TOO CLOSE WITH THEM BECAUSE I RATHER AVOID CONFLICT IF POSIBLE. GEES I KNOW THESE ARENT SUPPOSE TO BE BLOGS BUT SOMETIMES I JUST NEED TO VENT.

Apr 6, 2011
She thinks you're a lowlife because you dont go and get wasted... o_O Thats rather weird to be honest, *hugs* Im sure things will get better for you.

Y

ypineda

yea. i kind of understand what she means. she got married at 15 and had my oldest sister at 16. she never got to live life like she wanted and she wants us to enjoy ours. i mean she just wants me to be happy but that doesnt make me happy. she's happy that my sisters and my brother go out and have social lifes and she thinks im missing out but i also know that their friends drink and their not religious. im married and i have a son and right now were going through a rough time but i know we'll get through this. i hope.....

J

jameslavander

Living with parents/inlaws of either the husband or the wife is one bad experience I faced in life. Even if it is with mine or hers you will both feel uncomfortable. It is better to live in poor together with your spouse than in richer but living under the roof of your parents. That's one important lesson in life. : )

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Metthew 19:5

Y

ypineda

DEFF AGREE :)

Living with parents/inlaws of either the husband or the wife is one bad experience I faced in life. Even if it is with mine or hers you will both feel uncomfortable. It is better to live in poor together with your spouse than in richer but living under the roof of your parents. That's one important lesson in life. : )

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Metthew 19:5

G

Grey

I think she has the low life reversed :p

S

Strider

it's taught that people will curse and persecute us because the spirit of god dwells within us, he is in complete contrast to our fallen world - that is why theynact the way they do. This even applies to parents, brothers, sisters etc.

Y

ypineda

i know its just a test of faith... im happy with my religion. i dont need to pretend to be someone im not or go and do something that i feel is wrong just to impress my family. the only one i need to impress is GOD!

E

EverlastingChange

I can relate to this. I live with my Dad and step Mam, who aren't Christian. In fact the whole side of my dad's family aren't Christian. I changed quite drastically, and rather than seeing the power of God in my life, it seems they completely missed it and just thought I was turning into some sort of extremist. My granny went out and got me a Darwin book when she found out I was a Christian lol! I'm always the one that get's questioned if ever they feel like asking stuff about God, or having a go at Christianity. I actually feel like I'm bearing witness to my own family, which has it's pro's and con's. There often very dominant in conversation, they'll ask a question in a bitter way cause it doesn't make sense in their own mind, so they feel they have already concluded it's wrong before they even ask, so they try and bark it out. So yeah I love them all, but they are a lot of work! Just keep praying for them, and yourself to stay strong in the situation until they see Christ reflected in your life and are drawn to that.