Mr. Ugly Contest

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

didymos

Cheating accusations mar Zimbabwe's 'Mister Ugly' contest

HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Pageant judges have crowned a new winner of Zimbabwe's4th annual "Mister Ugly" contest, upsetting supporters of the crowd favorite who called the winner too handsome and prompting rioting at the event.

November 23, 2015

Judges on Saturdaychose 42-year-old Mison Sere, citing his numerous missing front teeth and a wide range of grotesque facial expressions, over William Masvinu, who had held the title since 2012. Masvinu and his supporters mobbed the judges upon hearing their decision, claiming that Sere was "too handsome" to win and his ugliness wasn't natural since it was based on missing teeth.

"I am naturally ugly. He is not. He is ugly only when he opens his mouth,"maintained Masvinu, gesturing at his rival. "Do we have to lose our teeth to win? This is cheating," shouted another contestant, Patrick Mupereki.While no one was injured, there was a great deal of pushing and shoving as the results were announced and insults were hurled at the judges...

Sere dismissed the critics as just "sore losers" as he pocketed the $500 in winnings."Theyshould just accept that I am uglier than them," he said. "I hope to get a TV contract. I already moved around schools performing and show casing my ugliness so this is a chance to make it on TV."

The complaints of Masvinu and the other contestants may have a degree of validity. Organizers had previously announced that disabilities or enhancements would not be accepted inthe competition which should focus on "natural ugliness."

Pageant organizer David Machowa originally told the Associated Press that he began the contest toremove the stigma of ugliness. "Looks are God given. We should all beproud of who we are..."

Source: http://www.mail.com/int/news/world/3972992-cheating-accusations-mar-zimbabwes-mister-ugly-contest.html#.1258-stage-ss1-1

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Masvinu is not ugly, either.

T

tanach

Cheating accusations mar Zimbabwe's 'Mister Ugly' contest

HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Pageant judges have crowned a new winner of Zimbabwe's4th annual "Mister Ugly" contest, upsetting supporters of the crowd favorite who called the winner too handsome and prompting rioting at the event.

November 23, 2015

Judges on Saturdaychose 42-year-old Mison Sere, citing his numerous missing front teeth and a wide range of grotesque facial expressions, over William Masvinu, who had held the title since 2012. Masvinu and his supporters mobbed the judges upon hearing their decision, claiming that Sere was "too handsome" to win and his ugliness wasn't natural since it was based on missing teeth.

"I am naturally ugly. He is not. He is ugly only when he opens his mouth,"maintained Masvinu, gesturing at his rival. "Do we have to lose our teeth to win? This is cheating," shouted another contestant, Patrick Mupereki.While no one was injured, there was a great deal of pushing and shoving as the results were announced and insults were hurled at the judges...

Sere dismissed the critics as just "sore losers" as he pocketed the $500 in winnings."Theyshould just accept that I am uglier than them," he said. "I hope to get a TV contract. I already moved around schools performing and show casing my ugliness so this is a chance to make it on TV."

The complaints of Masvinu and the other contestants may have a degree of validity. Organizers had previously announced that disabilities or enhancements would not be accepted inthe competition which should focus on "natural ugliness."

Pageant organizer David Machowa originally told the Associated Press that he began the contest toremove the stigma of ugliness. "Looks are God given. We should all beproud of who we are..."

Source: http://www.mail.com/int/news/world/3972992-cheating-accusations-mar-zimbabwes-mister-ugly-contest.html#.1258-stage-ss1-1
The real winner should be Robert Mugabe. He may not be physically ugly but his record on human rights and the way him and his party have destroyed the country make him an all out champion.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The real winner should be Robert Mugabe. He may not be physically ugly but his record on human rights and the way him and his party have destroyed the country make him an all out champion.
HE???...

Mugabe_2237206b.jpg