Murder charge against cop overturned

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Sound dramatic does it not? I am interested because Noor shot and killed an innocent Australian. However, it is not what it seems. I'm not an expert in American law, but Noor was also found guilty of manslaughter. Some people have already decided that Noor is getting away with murder. That is not the case. We are blessed in the Western world to have laws that are mostly just and courts that are mostly fair. Much of the world is neither fair nor just.

Christians especially need to think before they comment. Someone raised the issue of the Chauvin case, speculating that the police involved will have the verdict overturned. People just need to calm down. That has not happened. The wise course is to wait and see.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Maybe like 10 years ago there was a preacher for my hometown who tried to murder his wife while on vacation. His attorney got him a plea bargain for a reckless endangerment and he didn't do a single day in jail for trying to murder his wife

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Maybe like 10 years ago there was a preacher for my hometown who tried to murder his wife while on vacation. His attorney got him a plea bargain for a reckless endangerment and he didn't do a single day in jail for trying to murder his wife
The offence that Noor was charged with was not correct in law. There was no plea bargain. For sure there is much injustice in the legal system. But it's better than nothing and for sure better than much of the world.

Unless you are in the courtroom as an observer, it's difficult to be objective. A lot of Aussies jump up and down about sentencing being too lenient. A study was done to compare how ordinary people would sentence offenders compared with what the courts decided. Surprisingly, the court was generally more severe than the public. When all the facts are known, people are less inclined to be harsh.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Was this the Somalian cup who shot that lady through the door of her car?