Murder-suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jack15og

my best friend dad was found dead. after he murdered her *step mom* then killed his self; this has been tragic for me since i knew them both..even in highschool i had to help her move out of her dads house cause he was a bit controlling and angry!! I just want to know what the bible says about suicide? can you still enter heaven after you did this? my heart is so heavy right now

T

tdrew777

That is a tough thing to happen around you. Thanks for sharing.

Re: The unforgivable sin:
Mat 12:31,32 "a He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters." a Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. "a And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in b this age, or in the age to come.

Th atonement of Christ is sufficient for all sin. All sin is interconnected, as one sin leads to, is a causitive factor in other sins. Either it is all forgiven, or none of it is. That is why forgiveness on our part is such a priority - if we hold on to a part of the sin of humanity, the whole thing comes in tow. "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".

This is not universalism. The atonement of Christ is not effective for everyone. Whoever sins against the Holy Spirit (i.e. refuse the atonement of Jesus Christ) has the entire weight of sin on his shoulders.

The eternal destiny of your friend's Dad is not determined by what horrible sins he did/did not commit. No one will live in God's presence in heaven with ANY sin. To be forgiven of any sin is to be forgiven of all sin. All sin must be torn from the soul and turned over to Christ. It is all or nothing. Nothing - to have no sin forgiven - is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

H

hope36523

I am so sorry your going through this you are in my prayers

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Maybe you should kill yourself too..,
What kind of a response is that? Are you just trolling or do you just don't know how to joke? I disapprove very much what you just said

Mar 18, 2011
Listen, my heart is very heavy for you. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Here is the best advice I have for you. God is far beyond our human understanding and comprehension. You can still pray for these people and anyone you ever meet or have met. In the end know that God is perfect and whatever He decides is righteous. I love you and I am so sorry for your loss. You have a tremendous heart and you are exactly the way God created you. You and your friend and her dad and step mom will be in my prayers.

Sep 6, 2013
I'm so sorry Jack. I'm praying for you. I wish I could help you but I'll be praying for all involved.

Mar 2, 2013
Hi Blain

MAY BE YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF TOO?

What fool managed to come up with that statement

In the context as was put (in reply that could not have been considered a joke)

Please do not cut and paste verses either in a situation like this. The last thing this person is looking for now.

That is what gets to me. These people who put this up possibly could not even pronounce or spell what they are pasting

Just plain and simple judgement.

No wrong doing is plain black and white. There are motivations behind things. What society thinks is wrong may not be wrong to the persons soul that did it.

There are reasons why people do the things they do.

Hoot Owl

Mar 2, 2013
Jack

I am so sorry to hear this.
There is not much that words could possibly say at a time like this.
Two people are dead it is now over. Take care of the living tell them not to blame themselves in anyway.
If you can you too keep yourself busy. Be there for your friend right now they need somebody to talk to. Let them talk
You listen

JUST BE THERE. Will they go to heaven? I cannot tell you truthfully nor can anybody else. I am sure if there is a God he will not judge on the deed itself but why it was done.

If they wish to go to church go with them they have a mountain to climb right now

Take care of yourself and your friend.

Hoot Owl

R

Rickee

Our bodies are the Temple of God, and our Bibles tell us plainly, that if anyone destroys this temple, God will destroy him.

There are many ways to destroy our "Temple"....Drugs, Alcohol, and gunshot are just 3 ways. Sounds like this man never repented of all his sins, and Jesus tells us " Except you Repent, you shall all likewise perish" ( Luke 13 v.3 & 5).

J

Jack15og

my heart is so heavy and the woman easy married to someone else

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Jack. Something like that is never easy to handle, and often...we don't even know HOW to handle it. I pray that you will run to God whenever you feel angry, or sad, or bitter with this, and I pray for your friend as well.

Just curious, whereabouts in the US do you live? We had something just like that happen close to where I live here in northern IL just last week.

C

colalella2891

That's so terrible, i'm sorry for your loss.

When it comes to your question, people will tell you different things. I personally believe if you are a saved believer, you will go to Heaven no matter what you do. Like I said, people are going to tell you differently, but that's what I believe.

God bless. :)

R

Rickee

I agree, totally uncalled for remark...Lots of Satan' s children all over the internet...pray, pray..