Music is trending toward cheeziness.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Is it just me or is music in general becoming more and more cheesy? I feel like the quality of Music in general has been on a steady decline for the past 20 years. Most of my favorite music is 20 to 30 years old

U

Ugly

The refrain of the aging.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
The refrain of the aging.
Could be. My wife has grandkids. I hear the 10 year old listening to rap and most of it is horrendous. My favorite rappers were Ice-T, Ice Cube, dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Geto Boys ect. This new stuff is garbage. I know music evolves but in my opinion this new rap is watered down. The older stuff was so much more aggressive. I feel the same way about heavy metal. Most of the best thrash and speed metal was in late eighties too early nineties..

I've been looking for some good Christian based rap that has that hard and aggressive sound

I

Infusion

Mainstream music is chosen by people who want music in the hands of the devil and that have no style.
Not many artists make it through on their own.
Youtube, soundcloud, and local venues gain value to me constantly.

I

Infusion

Could be. My wife has grandkids. I hear the 10 year old listening to rap and most of it is horrendous. My favorite rappers were Ice-T, Ice Cube, dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Geto Boys ect. This new stuff is garbage. I know music evolves but in my opinion this new rap is watered down. The older stuff was so much more aggressive. I feel the same way about heavy metal. Most of the best thrash and speed metal was in late eighties too early nineties..

I've been looking for some good Christian based rap that has that hard and aggressive sound
I listen to EDM usually but I grew up in the inner city and around alot of stuff like gangster rap.
I understand what you mean that the new skool stuff. The lyrics and beats are just weak and its turned into rich guys praising evil.
I could name a ton of artists that talk about the Lord. But I do not know your exact taste and would not know where to start. You should stop by the youtube room every now and then cause there are alot of people go there that are into music.
I cant name here cause there is so much, I mean old skool rap was about stickin together and making it out but gangster rap always comes with it the gangster lifestyle which will bring unchristian things even if they praise the lord so its hard to get hardcore gangster rap that I could say is really what most consider christian. Anyway some are still hardcore and there is guys who left that lifestyle and kinda went hardcore choirish, some still in it running the streets but mention the Lord alot, and church boys acting like they are in the lick. So I know alot of artists but cant really help right now cause I dont know what you like.

Jul 26, 2016
Is it just me or is music in general becoming more and more cheesy? I feel like the quality of Music in general has been on a steady decline for the past 20 years. Most of my favorite music is 20 to 30 years old
You have to search for quality music nowadays. Before the internet became a media platform, the dumb stuff was was filtered out and only the best made it to the radio. Now it's the opposite. Most people have never heard of Tame Impala or Awolnation.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Most of this new rap is garbage. They just Mumble incoherently behind an. Auto-Tune or it's all punchlines with no substance