Music suggestions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

njihiafrancis

Heeey all, am new here (well, not reeeeeeally new) and i'd like some gospel music suggestions, rock ofcourse.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
if you poke around this section of the forum there are a number of threads about Christian rock, and one in particular about Christian metal with 100 pages of videos.

also, here's some Christian rock from Wovenhand, who just put out a new album. if i had $$$ i'd buy and send a copy of his last record to everyone who ever asks about Christian Rock. then again, i like a lot of music that isn't apparently that popular, so maybe that's why i don't have $$$

[video=youtube_share;h3F_m6Mz9rk]http://youtu.be/h3F_m6Mz9rk[/video]

N

njihiafrancis

lol bro, you'd be broke but with a passion for Christ

Dec 16, 2013
I don't listen to exclusively Christian music. For some that may be an issue, but the music I listen to is virtually harmless at the same time. I think music is all about interpretation, and I am speaking from a musicians perspective, as I am somewhat of a solo artist.

Hah... anyways, I would recommend these in no particular order:

Band of Horses
Skillet
3 Doors Down
Breaking Benjamin
Jimmy Eat World
Pink Floyd
Kansas
Rush
The Who
The Eagles
Tom Petty & The Heart-breakers
Staind
Finger Eleven

Can't think of anything else at the moment. That's a pretty good list though.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
lol bro, you'd be broke but with a passion for Christ
if i can't afford to buy you the album, i can at least post a song from it :D

[video=youtube_share;jR6MnTab724]http://youtu.be/jR6MnTab724[/video]

Wovenhand - Coup Stick

Wait for
Beloved of God
In Peace
enlarges his people

My father is God,
He breaths the people's cause

The Healer He is generous
O daughter of God
The Everlasting one he is praiseworthy
intelligent, sheep afraid of my fathers brother
the lord is judge, God has taken, taken by God
the time of the lord
God is exalted
the fire of God
God has given
God is he
who god sustains
he strengthens
he who god has helped
god has given
one whose people are many
the people will contend
the people will contend
god has remembered retribution
perfect and agreeable, agreeable

the comforter

my messenger, my star
O who is like as you are
hey dove
who delivered salvation
who is like as you are

the comforter
my messenger the star

it is the Lord that opens
Jehovah he is perfect
he takes possessions
he that opens
he that is limiting
God is my strength
God has strengthened
Safely making to forget
the builder, the hidden one

The Lord saves who the Lord sustains
He who Jehovah has set up
God will fortify his people
The Lord is Just
God is great

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
hmmm... maybe people like what they like?

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Just seems like a narrow-minded view of worship -- there are lots of different types of music that honor God.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Just seems like a narrow-minded view of worship -- there are lots of different types of music that honor God.
That might be true, but if he doesnt like lets say rap, then the fact that it honors God probably won't change his opinion on the music style. I don't like rap and I have a friend who is a rapper. No one big mind you but he does perform locally. I support him completely but I dont like his stuff. Its just not my genre.

U

Ugly

Just because he's requesting one style doesn't mean that's all he listens to. Perhaps he's just in the mood for rock, and has a wide variety of other styles. You're just making assumptions and being judgmental.
And really, if that IS all he likes, what do you care? Why not let people enjoy what they enjoy and God work in their lives that way, rather than making it your goal to criticize and instruct people on what their personal tastes in music are? It's, quite honestly, none of your business if that's all he wants to listen to. I don't think he needs you calling him narrow minded over it.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Ugly, I didn't call him narrow-minded! You're putting words into my mouth!

I'm a music professional, and I know the benefits to listening to ALL types of music.

What got me was his use of the phrase "of course" -- like there is no other type of Christian music. I keep seeing good sacred classical music being pushed out of the church. I'm a HUGE advocate of blended worship, using all types of music in praise and worship.

S

Spokenpassage

I think what matters most is the lyrics, not necessarily the genre. A person can like any genre they want, either exclusively towards others or open to all. Besides, we should not confuse worship with entertainment. You're able to worship God without music. Matter of fact, our lives are a worship to God when we walk in His Light. What glorifies God worships God.

S

SimpleGuy

Kutless my friend :) Oh and Falling up is another great christian rock band. The songs broken heart & arafax deep are my 2 favorites.

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
Kutless, RED, Disciple, Skillet, Anberlin, Thousand Foot Krutch, Breaking Benjamin, etc etc,...

There are so many,...Also, what kind of rock? Because that would help to narrow it down Lol

S

SimpleGuy

Ronnie yes thousand foot krutch! Oh and switchfoot, relient k, flyleaf, spoken, audio adrenaline. So many :)

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
Ronnie yes thousand foot krutch! Oh and switchfoot, relient k, flyleaf, spoken, audio adrenaline. So many :)
Yes! Also, FireFlight, Seventh Day Slumber (loving them right now), Lifehouse, though they're not as rock-ish, Same with Jeremy Camp,...
I can't think of any more. I give up!

S

SimpleGuy

Ah i was gonna say jereme camp :p Oh and for group worship can't forget about hillsong united, and Jesus Culture :)

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
Lol wasn't trying to steal your thunder. And those are definitely in my favorites for worship music. :)