music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jade_cookies

My family aren't christians so they listen to normal everyday music and I grew up listening to that type of music... I know of some christian music and I try and find a message in normal everyday songs but they seem to bore me and I'm interested in finding good christian bands. I listen to all genres... Can someone reccomend good artists or songs I could listen too???

U

Ugly

In the rock vein some popular bands are
Red
Skillet
Eowyn
Thousand Foot Krutch
Nine Lashes
lots more, but rock isn't my scene so i don't have a lot of recall on them.

There are threads up for rap, metal and reggae as well, you just may have to look for them a little.
You can search youtube for 'christian dance' or electronic or whatever if you lean that way.

Choices are near endless in a large variety of styles.

N

Nocturnus

"All genres" gives you a wide variety of things to choose from. Travis Cottrell comes to mind as a guy who can be fairly diverse when it comes to Christian music, taking old, classic favorites like I Will Sing of My Redeemer and doing whatever he feels sounds good. His album Jesus Saves Lives is perhaps one of the most powerful things I've ever heard and part of what got me on the road to salvation, but more importantly, an album I can listen to in its entirety and still feel myself drawing closer to God every time I do.

Of course it'll be hard to give you many suggestions since I'm not exactly sure what you classify as "boring." From a musical perspective people like Michael W. Smith, Mark Schultz, and Steven Curtis Chapman, and bands like Selah and Avalon have made some of the most incredible songs I've ever heard with powerful lyrics. Casting Crowns, Building 429 and Kutless bring a slightly edgier sound to consider, while bands like Convalesce, Lambs Like Lions, Those Who Fear, and War Of Ages all race through the various aspects of the many headed core subgenre that has become popular in America on the Metal scene.

I could go on naming artists and bands as my musical tastes are rather diverse and as a musician myself I feel an obligation to listen to everything at least once, but for the sake of keeping this short and leaving the floor open to suggestions from other people I'll simply say that the music is there if you know what you're looking for.

H

HookEmHorns

In the rock vein some popular bands are
Red
Skillet
Eowyn
Thousand Foot Krutch
Nine Lashes
lots more, but rock isn't my scene so i don't have a lot of recall on them.

There are threads up for rap, metal and reggae as well, you just may have to look for them a little.
You can search youtube for 'christian dance' or electronic or whatever if you lean that way.

Choices are near endless in a large variety of styles.
This is a great list! I would also include Switchfoot though. Switchfoot has performed a diverse array of styles, such as: alternative rock, pop rock, post-punk, post-grunge, and hard rock. Their lyrics are also a little more cerebral if you care about that.

U

Ugly

Yeah, but my understanding is their lyrics are pretty much non-Christian anymore. Not bad, just not Christian.

Yowie

Aug 31, 2013
Flyleaf
Love & Death
Mars Ill
Further Seems Forever
Demon Hunter
Third Day
Woven Hand

Mar 30, 2014
Lecrae
Beckah Shae
Papa San
Sara Groves
TFK
Skillet
Eowyn

S

StoneThrower

My family aren't christians so they listen to normal everyday music and I grew up listening to that type of music... I know of some christian music and I try and find a message in normal everyday songs but they seem to bore me and I'm interested in finding good christian bands. I listen to all genres... Can someone reccomend good artists or songs I could listen too???
Sovereign Grace

S

sigh33n

I'm curious to know, were ANY of these recommendations what you were looking for? haha