My brother in Christ is falling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

He knows God exists and he knows that Jesus is the son of God, it isn't a blind knowing he really knows. Yet he continues to go his "own way" and follow this new age spiritualist "all-people-are-the-same" blind path and he doesn't realize that even seemingly good things come from the devil and his world view is completely wrong. I want his thoughts to change but he does not care about truth. He does not care about truth, he tramples the son of God under his own feet by believing in karma. IF ONLY HE KNEW THAT BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE DONT LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. He thinks success is defines as money and he puts his protection in money! The only protection he gets is from satan because satan is trying to trick him into thinking that he is God. HE thinks the bible has been changed and that we don't have the truth so he uses that as an excuse for not reading the bible. AND MOST OF ALL IM MAD AT MYSELF BECAUSE MY LIFE IS NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR HIM TO TURN AWAY! I THOUGHT I HAD HIM CONVINCED AND I POURED OUT MY HEART AND I TRIED TO TELL HIM THAT EVIL IS EVIL AND HE BELIEVED ME, HE WAS CONVICTED AT THE TIME AND THE VERY NEXT DAY HE SAYS HE SMOKED WEED! !!!!!!!!!!!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
AND MOST OF ALL IM MAD AT MYSELF BECAUSE MY LIFE IS NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR HIM TO TURN AWAY! I THOUGHT I HAD HIM CONVINCED AND I POURED OUT MY HEART AND I TRIED TO TELL HIM THAT EVIL IS EVIL AND HE BELIEVED ME, HE WAS CONVICTED AT THE TIME AND THE VERY NEXT DAY HE SAYS HE SMOKED WEED! !!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Reminds me of a song, excerpts as follows:
I was gonna clean my room until I got high.
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high.

My room is still messed up and I know why,
'Cause I got high, because I got high...

Sorry about that, thought I would toss a little levity into the equation. The problem, based on what you have written is that your brother is NOT in Christ. Don't be too hard on yourself as you are only the sowing the seed, the harvest will come later. The only one, not yourself, that can convince him to repent is Jesus. Keep praying for your brother and then be still and know that the forces of God are now in play.

O

OwenHeidenreich

AND MOST OF ALL IM MAD AT MYSELF BECAUSE MY LIFE IS NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR HIM TO TURN AWAY! I THOUGHT I HAD HIM CONVINCED AND I POURED OUT MY HEART AND I TRIED TO TELL HIM THAT EVIL IS EVIL AND HE BELIEVED ME, HE WAS CONVICTED AT THE TIME AND THE VERY NEXT DAY HE SAYS HE SMOKED WEED! !!!!!!!!!!!
Reminds me of a song, excerpts as follows:
I was gonna clean my room until I got high.
I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high.

My room is still messed up and I know why,
'Cause I got high, because I got high...

Sorry about that, thought I would toss a little levity into the equation. The problem, based on what you have written is that your brother is NOT in Christ. Don't be too hard on yourself as you are only the sowing the seed, the harvest will come later. The only one, not yourself, that can convince him to repent is Jesus. Keep praying for your brother and then be still and know that the forces of God are now in play.
but i still feel like there is more that i should say to him. but i dont know what it is. i cant just pray for him, he needs to change now. time is running out!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I apologize for the nonsense in my earlier post. I understand your sense of urgency in this dire situation. Please know that God hears and answers all prayers including a prayer for the salvation of your brother. I have been praying for my alcoholic brother for years and I am still waiting for the answered prayer that, according to the promises of God, must eventually be granted. It would be wonderful if it could occur in my lifetime but the important thing is the deliverance of my brother from this evil addiction. Don't give up on your brother, please be patient and allow the will and desire of God to become manifest in your brother's life and the resulting change in the path that he is currently walking. Keep the faith!

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
He does not care about truth, he tramples the son of God under his own feet by believing in karma. IF ONLY HE KNEW THAT BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE DONT LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH.
Well, you can tell your friend that there is no such thing as karma but to rest assured, because there is a God who will give to all (even his children) according to their deeds. For those who are not his children they will be punished according to their deeds. For those who are his children they will be rewarded according to their deeds. There seem to be different levels of punishment as there are different levels of gifts. I think this much is evident from the Bible.

jogoldie

Mar 20, 2014
Owen....when we work for God it is a team effort...we as the church all have our own job....and you did yours...
I know the frustration you feel when it seems so logical to us......why dont these people understand .....now....
God will put someone else in his life to carry him on....you need to step back...be his friend he still needs you....
Sometimes we push to hard ...careful sometimes people push away when we do...
You are so right about wanting to live a Godly life and representing God....remember Jesus said I will make you
fishers of men....that means taking your time and reeling in slowly......people will never change unless it is what they
want....and none of us can change without God....work on your patience and keep reaching to God ...He will guide
you on how to proceed with your friend....I am so proud when our young brothers are working so hard for our
Father ...please keep going dont let this slow you down....he will come back.. he just thinks he knows what hes
doing....and when he falls you will be there......im glad you know better ...
Peace ...and I will pray for your friend too.....

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Some people must fall before they can be helped. Trust God to do what is right to give this guy every opportunity to be saved. Just know that some will not forsake the darkness and come into the light. Sometimes God will put someone in a wheelchair to get their attention on His Son.

For the cause of Christ
Rogeer

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Just remember, YOU cannot save anyone. Yes, you can witness, live like a Christian, be loving, share the joy of repentance, but in the end, every person must be drawn by the Spirit of God.

Keep praying and don't give up! My Dad got saved at age 82, 5 months before he passed away. My sister, I've been sharing Christ with her the same amount of time, and she is farther away than ever. I just keep praying for her.

Praying your brother turns to Christ.

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Keep praying for him and keep witnessing! This backslider needs to get back with God. :)

If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for." ― Charles H. Spurgeon.

[video=youtube;BgZ3aLDOhbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZ3aLDOhbg[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZ3aLDOhbg

And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. - Jude 1:23

O

OwenHeidenreich

That was a good video. I want more wisdom and discernment and speaking abilities and confidence and righteousness and boldness and love and less fear and less doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SweetShelly35

Feb 21, 2012
If you have already told your friend he is back slidden then all you can do is pray. You can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink. Sadly sometimes people run from the Lord when times get tough, and fortunately some come back.

God Bless You,
Shelly

S

Sirk

He knows God exists and he knows that Jesus is the son of God, it isn't a blind knowing he really knows. Yet he continues to go his "own way" and follow this new age spiritualist "all-people-are-the-same" blind path and he doesn't realize that even seemingly good things come from the devil and his world view is completely wrong. I want his thoughts to change but he does not care about truth. He does not care about truth, he tramples the son of God under his own feet by believing in karma. IF ONLY HE KNEW THAT BY THE GRACE OF GOD WE DONT LIVE UNDER THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. He thinks success is defines as money and he puts his protection in money! The only protection he gets is from satan because satan is trying to trick him into thinking that he is God. HE thinks the bible has been changed and that we don't have the truth so he uses that as an excuse for not reading the bible. AND MOST OF ALL IM MAD AT MYSELF BECAUSE MY LIFE IS NOT CONVINCING ENOUGH FOR HIM TO TURN AWAY! I THOUGHT I HAD HIM CONVINCED AND I POURED OUT MY HEART AND I TRIED TO TELL HIM THAT EVIL IS EVIL AND HE BELIEVED ME, HE WAS CONVICTED AT THE TIME AND THE VERY NEXT DAY HE SAYS HE SMOKED WEED! !!!!!!!!!!!

If they are able, people always return to where they were loved last...... Agape loved

B

BeanieD

Looks like he reallydoesn't KNOW God. When we really know Him wecan't help but know the truth. Dont be so hard on yourself, and maybe somewhere the right seed was planted. God's love will make it grow when brother is ready. God bless and don't give up on the prayer for him. Just remember that what is impossible with man, is possible with God. Nothing is too big or too small for Him to take care of. Blessings :)

T

tarzan

Consider this. Sometimes a seed is planted in ground not yet toiled. Simply pray the seed remains intact as the soil of the ground is worked through much trial, storms, sweat, and the fertilization of compost. Watch, for when you see him complain that people are treating him like a toilet, then soon will the seed begin to grow within him. Then the weather will come to test the seedling. That is when you will know if he is saved. But also, some drag out of hell with fear. But it doesn't sound like he's the type. He must experience true suffering of the betrayal of those whom he believes are good before he will see. God knows His children and not one will be lost that He knows He will win.