MY FLESH IS WEAK!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

My flesh is so weak. My flesh fights against the things of the Spirit. My flesh wants to live in Egypt again. My flesh wants to put chains on me again. I cannot be saved unless Jesus intervenes. I don't want to go down the dark road where it is hard to return. I don't want to fall. The temptations are too great for my flesh to overcome. Only Jesus can overcome it. I cannot do his will in my life. He must do his will in my life. If he has to take everything away, and though I complain, it is better that he does it than that my soul should be lost.

If my eyes offend me, take my eyes.
If my hand offends me, take it from me.
If my feet cause me to slide, make me lame.

Nothing matters more to me than that I finish will in the Lord. Yet, my flesh is weak. I am weak. But God is more than able. Jesus knew what we would have to face. He knew it, so he made provision for us. I cannot go against his will. I hope I finish well. I am weak now. My flesh is hungry, but I am full. My flesh is wanting, yet I want nothing more. My flesh is thirsty, but I am satisfied. If only my flesh were done away with, I could live fully as I ought. I could have that peace then. If only my flesh were not so rebellious.

May the Lord deliver us from temptation.

May Jesus bless you.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Amen Ramon. I feel the same way. I never understood what Paul (I think it was Paul) was saying in the bible when He said That which I do, I will not. And that which I will I do not. When you try so hard to please the Lord you will understand these words. I try so hard but I know that I succeed because Jesus Christ succeeds for me. I cannot succeed on my own. I am just weak. Not weak willed or weak minded. My flesh has a voracious appetite and I try to keep it in check, but I am still a flesh body so my instincts are to give the flesh what it desires. But my spirit says that I know what is of the spirit and what is not. Jesus, through my spirit, helps me. Jesus through my spirit succeeds for me. Thank You Jesus.

God Bless You

A

AgeofKnowledge

Faith is rising.