My friends are new age believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Believer1367

I was raised a Catholic, but as an adult I left the church and my beliefs behind for many years.
I now attend a Lutheran church, but a majority of my friends are in the new age movement. Is it wrong for me to cont. friendships with these people?
I value their friendship, but not at the cost of my relationship with God.

B

bluebirdchaser

Welcome to the site. I'm not entirely sure what the "New Age Movement" would be defined as. Could you explain please?

U

Ugly

Well, if these people are having a negative influence on you or your walk, then regardless of their belief system, they should be removed. But if you're having no negative effects by being friends with them, then there is no need to separate from good people in your life.

New Age is basically the modern term for ancient mystic beliefs. Astrology, tarot cards, astral traveling, that we are all gods, numerology... it's kind of a 'all paths lead to 'god''' religion. Elements of these teachings can be found in most TV 'evangelists/Word of Faith' teachers as well.

B

biscuit

I value their friendship, but not at the cost of my relationship with God.

I believe you know the answer to your question.

A

Amanda_Claire

Hi Believer, welcome to CC.

Of course your walk with God is the most important thing here and if you feel that your friends are detrimental to that, then keeping your distance would be the best option. On the other hand, your prayers and continued friendship with these people could bring them to Christ, so I wouldn't be so hasty in burning your bridges. I would recommend prayer for you to find God's will in this. We will all be praying for you too xx

C

CEF

Welcome to cc. My hope and prayer is that the Lord would bless you in a way you never thought possible. If you ever need to talk. Feel free to message me. God bless!

C

Chezz

Welcome to the site!

K

Kleia

This is just my opinion... but does it ever feel like you're in that situation for a reason?

It can be hard to try and see what those reasons are. If I were to assess it, although I wouldn't be able to give a very accurate one, maybe Christ expects you to be strong and love them despite it... their friendship is genuine, God's love is genuine, and so is your faith.

If you can be yourself around them, maybe you can still be friends with them and not compromise your Christian values.

Just a thought :)