My God, He is my Hope

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
A wave of trash covers,
a fowl stench of cruelty overwhelms.
Coarse words stab,
while self-absorbed eyes take jabs.
The presence of one is acid to another,
eating away at any chance of a pleasant time.
Hopelessness looks like hope, since all else seems so dark.
Hate sounds more like love, since the pain is so intense.
And Melancholy is the tune of a songbird, compared to dreams that were sung of before, which are now dashed into forgotten pieces of futility.
Yes, the tide is up, drowning all chances.
It IS the final hour.

But then there is a faint blast of a whistle...
Light has arrived!
A net of rays is dropped over darkness,
majestically concealing the Lie's power.
That haunting wave, which was just a few moments ago a towering heap that blocked the sun, it is burning.
The rancid burial cloth no longer holds me down. Although I feel like I should burn with the mess... I am not.
I am being transformed into the light-- by the Light.

Oh, how the pride-induced word-piercing has stopped! And once-raging eyes are bound shut by Great Revelation!
The poisonous personality has been vanquished, along with its effects!

Hope has returned and hopelessness is a thing of the past.
Hate cannot stand, because Love is to strong.
And a New Vision is cast before me.

The climbing tide is thrown into the Sea of Forgetfulness. Therefore, Fear's time is up.
The time that promised no hope, now, only points to it...

That Light...
That Revelation...
That Love...

...My God, Who is my Hope.

"This is love... that God first loved us..." (1 John 4:10)

Last edited:

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
Edit 1: "Fowl" in paragraph 1, line 2, should be "foul."

Sorry for any tedious grammatical errors. I just wanted to write a poem and for some reason above is the result.
Let me clearly state that I am in a good frame of mind and it is in no way a cry for help. I was just writing for creativity.
As for the 12th hour part, where Light comes in, I am all about that. While I know it can be rough and not at all glamorous, I believe God gets the glory and wants to transform us. One day, the effects of sin will be gone. Today does not appear to be that day.

Keep Seeking...

--IDEA

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
Edit 2:
I erased the first part. The shorter version is called something different....

This poem is called "Light, Revelation, Love"

Light has arrived! A net of rays is dropped over darkness,
majestically concealing Lie's power. That haunting wave, which was just a few moments ago a towering heap that blocked the sun, it is burning. The rancid burial cloth no longer holds me down. Am I burning with the mess? I am not. Rather, I am being transformed into the light-- by the Light.

Oh, how the pride-induced word-piercing has stopped!
And once-raging eyes are bound shut by Great Revelation!
The poisonous personality has been vanquished, along with its effects!

Hope has returned and hopelessness is a thing of the past.
Hate cannot stand, because Love is too strong.
And a New Vision is cast before me.

The climbing tide of torment is thrown into the Sea of Forgetfulness.
Therefore, Fear's time is up.
The time that promised no hope, now, only points to it...

That Light...
That Revelation...
That Love...
...My God, Who is my Hope.

"This is love... that God first loved us..." (1 John 4:10)