My issues with beauty... May be graphic for some

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

(Most of you know my story so I will only share the recent developments.)

I woke up this morning really feeling like a fat ugly lump. This is not me fishing for compliments. This is me being honest. I tried everything today to get out of this cloud. I prayed. I wrote in my journal. I distracted myself. I walked. I dd some worship. I read articles. Nothing dragged me out. When the family I stay with finally left, I grabbed my journal again and tried to identify my feelings. I realized I was sad and wondered why. I began seeing myself as a young girl basically bloodletting apparently intentionally. I wanted to get rid of whatever scum was in me. Now I've had this image before but I'd never connected it to how I was feeling today. So I prayed about the connection and I remembered when I used to hide crying in my dads closet. For several years I've had flashes of memories of what led me to the closet, but it was a couple hours ago that it all made sense. My parents split when I was 3. My dad lived in this house without his wife until I was 8. So from 3 to 8 when he would get mad, he'd send me to his room and I would hide in the closet crying. When he came in he would take all my clothes off, abuse me in different ways, and give me my clothes back as he apologized. Then before he sent me out he'd grab one of his magazines from the floor and flip to a page. "This is what a real woman looks like." Then he'd send me off.
Now the abuse started much earlier than 3. I was actually only an infant when it started, but it really messed with my understanding of beauty. I do not feel like this all the time, but sometimes I does hit me. I could never be beautiful for my father. He paid me little "positive" attention at any other time, so this is what I associated with men and beauty. If I couldn't be beautiful for him, then I couldn't be beautiful for any other man... And because of what he was doing, all the intrinsic beauty I had was ripped out of me.

Dec 18, 2012

Couldnt find a male pic doing this ...but it's how I feel for you sister.

Dec 5, 2012
If you have not already done so, get a christian psychiatrist and address the issues. There is nothing wrong by getting help. I my self am getting help for other issues.

In bad times I sometimes imagine me physically being there in the passion of Christ, and I imagine the soldiers stoping almost at the end and asking for forgiveness, what do you imagine Jesus would do all bloody and beaten?

J

Jordache

Oh I've been in counseling for almost two years. I picture Jesus embracing me on some rolling green hills under a willow tree. One amazing revelation I had last year regarding my fathers abuse was where Jesus was. I struggled because while I knew God isn't passive, I could only imagine him helpless in the corner of the room. One day He told me "I hid you in me."

Dec 18, 2012
You are all beautiful inside my friend...this is not a compliment, but the truth.
My spirit intercedes for you and in doing so I got some scriptures

what happened is like

Son 5:6 I opened for my beloved, But my beloved had turned away and was gone. My heart leaped up when he spoke. I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.
Son 5:7 The watchmen who went about the city found me. They struck me, they wounded me; The keepers of the walls Took my veil away from me.

But the great restorer has clothed your spirit with His glory​
Psa 45:8 All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia, Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.
Psa 45:9 Kings' daughters are among Your honorable women; At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
Psa 45:10 Listen, O daughter, Consider and incline your ear; Forget your own people also, and your father's house;
Psa 45:11 So the King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your Lord, worship Him.
Psa 45:12 And the daughter of Tyre will come with a gift; The rich among the people will seek your favor.
Psa 45:13 The royal daughter is all glorious within the palace; Her clothing is woven with gold.
Psa 45:14 She shall be brought to the King in robes of many colors; The virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to You.
That is who you are my friend.."all glorious within"..notice the words in italics, they were not in the original.
Your spirit is clothed in woven gold, the very nature of God, you emenate and radiate God my friend. For you are all glorious within.

I

Indubitably

I know it hurts, Jordache! It's almost impossible to find comforting words. When I read your threads, I see Jesus, and thats beautiful. You are His and made in the image of the Father. Take a closer look; You can't walk real close to Jesus and be anything but beautiful.

P

psychomom

I could never be beautiful for my father.
I'm pretty sure you know this, sweetheart, but I felt it worth stating...

that was never, ever your job, beloved of your Father...not in that way. :(

You are very beautiful for (and to) your Abba, though. ♥

The incredibly miraculous thing is that you're here, with any semblance of sanity whatsoever, dear one.
That you not only survived the abuse, but came to know the Lord Jesus {r-e-a-l Love},
and are even now being healed...that's miraculous.
That you persevere working out the past to get to the future...
that's just beautiful, Jordi. ♥

You should know that you are a walking, breathing testimony to me, of the goodness of the Lord.
Every time I read one of your posts, I am again amazed at the beauty.
Physical beauty fades...I'll send you some before and after pics, if you like...lol.
But your beauty just keeps growing.
It's like the verse in Isaiah 61. God--your Father-- has taken your ashes, and given you His beauty.

I know I'm telling you what you already know.
But sometimes, it helps to hear it again.
I hope this is one of those times. :)

Always praying for you.
love,
ellie

S

shekaniah

My heart and prayers go out to you,
May Jesus fill you with Comfort and Joy.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I have a friend who was abused by her older brothers. She has overcome all this through Jesus and always smiles and shines like a diamond.
The Lord has restored to her everything that taken from her over and over.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Another big step towards healing Jordache is gaining understanding. :)
Jesus is trully working on you and I see so much healing in you already.
So dont get discouraged, before any garden can florish, one has to pull the weeds. :)

I continue to keep you in my prayers in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless
pickles