my job and my family

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Amazon_river

Oct 8, 2012
I need to know if God wants me in my currently job or if He wants me in another organization...and for my family's salvation.

T

Timothy3_16

Your question could use more details. From your question it is clear you have a job, and you are looking at something else, but you don't call it a job? You call your other choice, an organization? You also say that your family's salvation is at stake, but how is it at stake; is the old job bad, is the new organization potentially bad, or is the possibility of a bad choice, bad for the family?

If I may offer some thoughts about making choices with God's help in mind.

1) In the bible God has offered help to many people, but the person in almost all cases needs to accept God's help, then trust and follow God's instruction despite their own judgement. 2 Chronicles 6:7, Proverbs 3:5, Psalms 78:21,22 and their are many many more examples of this through the bible.

2) When we make petitions for God's intervention, understand that God is a just God, and may not grant what is not right. Consider a careful look at 1 John 5:13-15; NOTICE in verse 14 it says ask ACCORDING TO HIS WILL also Psalm 66:18, Proverbs 15:29, John 9:31

3) God may expect you to do some reasonable footwork in making your decisions, and making them bear fruit. 2 Thessalonians 3:10, 1 Timothy 5:8, Proverbs 13:4

4) God will bless those who put his kingdom first in their lives. Matthew 6:33,34 Psalms 37:25

5) Remember even after accepting God and Christ into your life and living a faithful life, you can still be tested out. The Devil is constantly looking for a way to stumble you. 1 Peter 5:8, 1 peter 6:10-18, i like especially verse 16 the large shield of faith against the Devil's fiery attacks. Definetly look at Ecclesiastes 9:11

SO ASK YOUR SELF THESE QUESTIONS;

1) Have I ask for God's help in this matter, and will I follow the advice I am given, or will I lean twoard what I was hoping for.

2) Are both my choices acceptable to God, or is one requiring me to do dishonest, unfair, sinful work? Is one choice requiring to spend less time with my family or with my congregation of fellow believers?

3) Have I sat down and investigated both options thuroughly, have I asked people who would know more about these jobs? Have I sat down with my spiritual elders and laid out my problem to them for their counsel.

4) Am I choosing the choice that will allow me to help myself, my family and my fellow man spiritual salvation, or am I going for the bigger pay check?

5) After I make my choice, Am I setting myself up to blame God; if/when the choice turns out badly. Did I remember Ecclesiastes 9:11?

Dear sister I am sorry if I have left you many more questions than when you began. You have a great responsibility in making this decision, and all our advice can not replace this responsibility. If you place this responsibility with God, I can not say he will give you what you want. I AM SURE THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED. 1 Timothy 6:6-12

S

shekaniah

I will pray God gives you the wisdom and insight.
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

J

JessW

Praying for Gods wisdom and guidnce in all areas of your life and also for your unsaved friends and family that they may come to know Christ. In the name of Jesus. Amen!

P

psychomom

I am asking the Lord for all you need, and more. :)
I ask that the Lord Jesus be revealed in Truth to your family. ♥

Welcome to CC.
Please visit us often! :)
-ellie

Amazon_river

Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for all your advices and prayers...
Actually I work on a Christian organization and I love what I do... but I want to have my own house and wiht my salary on my currently job I can not foward a house for me and I do not want to live the rest of my life under my dad's wings... but yesterday I had a conversation with my boss and he asked me 14 days to think about my job and when he come back from US we wil have our last conversation about my stay or my leaving and when my boss left yesterday I did not feel peace in my heart to quit my job and last night I got a text message saying that I guy from the other Christian organization will flight to Manaus to talk to me and another girl candidate also for the position... there I did not feel peace at all... but I will have that conversation with him...
About my family's salvation I really want to see my mom, step father, brother and now my little adopted sister saved...
my mom's life is so opressed she needs God in her life and when we are together the devil always try to mess up our relationship... Last December we were on vacation together and she verbally fought with me and I was so tired of her doing this to me that I dicide to be away from her... but there comes my little sister that I love so much and that I am really concerned cuz I know that my mom is not showing love to my little siter and she is only 5 month old... my step father do not believe in Jesus Christ and my old brother is living a life the way he wants... I hope you guys understand my situation now...
love in Christ!!!

S

shekaniah

Thank you for the update :)
Prayers continue...
Love and blessings , Shekaniah

T

TexasHallelujahGal

Abba father in agreement for our sisters requests send Holy Spirit to hover over each member of her family and over her employment thy will concerning all her needs lord thank you praise you amen

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
praying for god's will be done in Yeshua's holy name amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Setting you, job, needs and your family's salvation in Jesus's name before God with all praise and thanksgiving.

Huge hugs and God bless
pickles