My kitchen caught on fire

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

letstalkaboutjesus

My Prayer Request
My father has large pieces of melted plastic in his hands.
There is black stuff in my nose and I'm having trouble breathing.

The Story

I heard my father calling for help so I ran into the kitchen. The kitchen was an inferno and my father was in the middle of it. We don't have a fire extinguisher. I grabbed a container that my parents are using to pack up Christmas decorations. I took the container to the tub in the bathroom and filled it several times.

Little fires kept showing up so I thought it was out of control. The fire dept arrived within 15 minutes of me calling 911. The firemen said we were very lucky that the house didn't burn down. The fire was contained in the kitchen and only burned about 1/2 of the 200 square foot kitchen. The fire was caused by over heated grease.

R

rose1200

I'll pray for you, but meanwhile ,maybe you need to get a
fire-blanket, & other safety equpment, maybe go out for
& chips?:eek::)hope all goes well for you

R

rose1200

By the way you did seek medical help?Cool running water on the burns
immediately & you both probably had smoke inhalation.:eek::(

L

letstalkaboutjesus

I just got back from the hospital. My diagnosis is smoke inhalation. They gave me a prescription for an inhaler. My dad is having the plastic removed from his hands.

A nurse said the Lord was with us in that situation. It was a miracle because the odds were stacked against us. I'm so thankful for not having permanent body damage and for my house not burning down.

Thank you for the prayers

K

kittycat7

Will be praying for you. That the lord will continue to be with you and your father. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life."

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
As a retired firefighter, I don't suppose I need to scold you about having smoke alarms and fire extinguishers, or not clearing out and calling 911 immediately? I trust that you'll get at least one now? If you'll PM me I'll send you one. And I pray for your dad's hands, if he needs pressure gloves or something like that I may be able to help out with those too. But may the Lord heal him and they not be necessary. And thank You Lord that it wasn't worse.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
may you never forget to cover grease fires to put them out instead of spreading them by pouring water -

and may you never have occasion to put that knowledge to use!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praise God it was not worse! Praying for healing for your dad's hands and lungs, and your hands.

Baking soda also is supposed to be good with a grease fire, if you have nothing else. No water, for sure!

God bless!

L

letstalkaboutjesus

While I was at the hospital a Dr. tried to take blood from some arteries to check the level of carbon dioxide. He failed at trying to find arteries in my arm and he kept hitting nerves. It was the worse pain I have felt. The Dr said the nerves would probably heal. My arms and hands are red, tingling, hot, cold, painful, and weak and it appears to be getting worse.

My father made it clear he wasn't leaving until the fire went out. The next time someone refuses to get out of a burning house I'll knock them up side their head and force them out. We replaced the batteries in the fire alarms. I thought the batteries were fine before the fire but I was wrong.

My parents insurance company was good enough to give me a motel room for two weeks while the house is being renovated. I was laid off my job and have no place to go after the two weeks is up. God please have mercy on my soul and guide me in a direction that will enable me to earn money.

I don't have a laptop so I'm unable to reply to this thread often. Thank you CC for the support.

Last edited by a moderator: