my last hope

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

teencountrylove

well, this is my last hope. i give myself to God in september, but starting in january, it feels like he given up on me
because, i got told my dad is going to jail, I started drinking, I got raped, then i started being really depressed, and
i still am, i thought that if i would turn my life to God nothign bad would ever happen to me again but i guess i was wrong
becuase i have a very trouble past, i really dont know anymore, i try to read in the bible but theres something in my mind
that is telling me not to, that if i will read in my bible that i will go to hell, i dont if the devil is trying to mess
with my head or...but its driving me nuts, now i dont know if i should ask God to help me because i am suicidal, i
dont want to live my life this way anymore, please someone give me advice or some tips because, i'm having really bad suicidal
thought , and my cutting has become very bad..pleasae help

Aug 2, 2009
I will pray for you, little sister. Don't worry too much about reading the bible right now. Instead, pray for God's help. Pray with all of your heart. The pain you're going through and the things that happened to you might be for a purpose to prepare you to help others who are going through the same thing. Also, drinking is very dangerous because you no longer have control over your own situation (but I'm sure you know that already). None of your troubles are too big for God to fix. Pray for his help, and pray for his protection. God will help all who call out to Him.

"But I will call on God, and the LORD will rescue me." - Psalm 55:16

God bless.

P

princessbella

well, this is my last hope. i give myself to God in september, but starting in january, it feels like he given up on me
because, i got told my dad is going to jail, I started drinking, I got raped, then i started being really depressed, and
i still am, i thought that if i would turn my life to God nothign bad would ever happen to me again but i guess i was wrong
becuase i have a very trouble past, i really dont know anymore, i try to read in the bible but theres something in my mind
that is telling me not to, that if i will read in my bible that i will go to hell, i dont if the devil is trying to mess
with my head or...but its driving me nuts, now i dont know if i should ask God to help me because i am suicidal, i
dont want to live my life this way anymore, please someone give me advice or some tips because, i'm having really bad suicidal

I am so sorry that that has happened to you , please dont give up, your life is stil worth living , I for sure dont understand why all this has happened to you, but i do know God has not left you..
i pray right now he will be your comforter and your sherpherd, that you will know hes not left you,
i dont have any advic becuase i knwo i dont have all the answers , but i wanna send you a massive hug right now and tell you , its gonna be ok, God as Zero said is bg enough , to surround you and brinng you , healing, call out to him and he will answer, i beleive he can and will make you clean and whole and strong again, that he will take away your feelings of shame and self loathing, even though you dont feel it right now

A really great book what might help you is beauty for ashes by joyce meyer , an amazing tesyrmony of Gods grace and healing , from sexual abuse and rape , shes used her testemony to really reach out to survivors of any kind of abuse.. i really beleive God will eventually use you to help others whove been through what you have

ill keep praying for you

N

nanabean

I agree with what has already been said, and would just like to add.....TALK to someone!!! In person...Go to someone you can trust, and who can be some true help. Or can get you to someone who can be. Praying IS the answer, like Zeroturbulence has said, praying , calling out to God, is more important right now, in this situation, than reading the Bible. God is the answer.....and He also places other people in our lives for a reason as well. We need each other. I pray you find someone who has the right words, and can show you a way out of your depression and suicidal state of mind. Please make it a priority to find that someone who can help you better than we on the internet can. Someone who can physically be there for you when you need that voice, or company. Something else is to keep yourself busy...mind and body...with positive activities. Go for a long walk, (preferably with a friend) go bowling, roller blading, swimming, or anywhere that requires your mind on what you are doing. Anything you like to do. Physical activity is a release as well.......it relieves stress, strengthens your muscles, frees your mind. It helps put you in a good place, both mentally and spiritually....physically too! Relaxing time is important as well, just don't allow "down time" that puts you at risk of fighting these thoughts on your own, alone. Take in a movie with a friend, read a book with others in the room even, just so that you are not alone. I don't know if anything I have said will help, but I want you to know I am praying for you.......God Bless.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
Yes get some support ok lil lady... talk to someone you can trust, get some comfort, sometimes its ok to cry... and let it out... BUT remember don't dwell on the bad stuff. Cry a bit if you want but then take a breathe of air and look for someone you can trust to talk to, like mom or a sister?

U

USNCorpsman76

I recommend getting some medical help. Look up a good psychiatrist in your area, he/she will be able to help wonders...as for spiritual help, I will pray for you.

B

Brandon777

Jesus is all the hope we need!

First off let me say that I'm no stranger to suicidal thoughts. I have bipolar illness. That means I've had to deal with suicidal thoughts many times. "it feels like God has given up on me" Don't let ever-shifting, human-fallible emotions direct your life. Lean on God's promises that never change, just as His goodness never changes no matter how much evil there is in and around us. Romans 8:28 "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose." I went to jail and the jail guards tortured me for 6 days. I choose to trust God that He has a good purpose for that, along with the rest of my life. No I don't know what it is, and yes I'm okay with that. 1 Corinthians 1:9 "God is faithful, through whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord." Trust that God is faithful and have fellowship with Jesus Christ!

Don't throw a pity party! Yes bad things happen to people! The Bible NEVER promises us that life for Christians is protected by some kind of magical God blessing bubble! This is the closest verse to that I can think of Psalm 84:11 "For Yahweh God is a sun and a shield. Yahweh will give grace and glory. He withholds no good thing from those who walk blamelessly." Find out what that means for yourself. It would make an excellent Bible study.

You say that there is something telling you that if you read the Bible you will go to hell? That is a demon talking to you. This is what you do next time that happens. "Back off demon! in the name of Jesus Christ, Back off!" Fight for your life. That is the right thing to do. You know you should do what is right whether you feel like it or not! And preserving your life is the right thing to do to honor God. For the second most important commandment Jesus told us was Love others as what? As you LOVE YOURSELF! Most of the time effort doesn't need to be placed in that area. But now is a time where you need to put yourself on the front lines. Don't be a coward and give up just because some bad things happened to you. Yes they were serious evil things, but the Bible says this giving us no excuse, but rather a responsibility to our mind. Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

The power of Jesus Christ to deliver is real and ever-present for us to take hold of! I pray in the mighty name of God that you draw near to God so that He will draw near to you! Often when people have a problem with cutting that's an indicator of loneliness. Go to a Bible teaching church and find friends that will come along side you. Have prayer partners come to pray that you stop your cutting! Take charge of your life in Jesus name I pray!

I know you feel weak! The Scripture says this. But he said to me, 2 Corinthians 12:19 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I know you feel defeated. The Scripture says this: Romans 8:37 "No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us."

K

KanMarMc

That's so hard! BUt you need to know : 1. God did not, nor will he ever give up on you, 2. God is good, he didnt bring the bad thing he gave us choices. 3. God will have the ruins of your life and use them in the future. God wants to bring good to the bad things of our life but it doesn't just happen. You have to seek his face and lean on his strrength! It's hard and it sucks when you have expectations and they are ruined. Remember that God loves you, He lives for the people that are the most messed up (myself included!) and he will work in your life. It WILL NOT be easy but if you lean on him and seek his face he will use your life as a testimony to his love!!! Stay strong God is there you have to cry out to him!

T

Tlite

One method I've found effective for helping with pain and turning myself entirely back to God is getting a spiral notebook, open to a page and begin writing. Write a prayer to God as you would a letter to someone. Open your heart. Ask him for his help. Write down exactly what you're feeling. Why do you think you are going through this time. Don't stop writing until you physically cannot write anymore or until you have said EVERYTHING you are dealing with. God wants to be a part of out life and I've found this a great way just to reflect on exactly what I'm feeling. Suicide is not the answer. As much as one wants to believe it is, this is because you are in the toughest part of the situation. there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel but that's just because Satan is trying to trick you. Even when the dark is closing in, God is there for you. If you ever want to talk with anyone just PM me.

L

lenns

first you need to re-give your heart to the Lord.
second, you need to stop sinning. the drinking, the cutting, the thoughts.. you need to ask God for forgiveness and repent, and turn from your sin.
you need to take every thought captive. meaning, if these thoughts do not glorify God, get rid of them, and replace them with worship, prayer, or simply counting your blessings and giving thanks to the Lord. if your thoughts and feelings are of characteristics of the enemy, fear, anxiety, depression, you need to take those captive also, and give your troubles to God. you need to spend a lot of time with God to heal from all the troubles that you arguing through right now.

Just because you were saved didn't promise a happy, perfect life. we still live in a sinful world. but what happens when we get saved, even though we are still in the same crap world, we have God on our side now. God takes the enemies worst & turns it into good. God does all things well. God heals. "blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." God loves. God loves you. God can take away your pain. God can make you stronger. God can take what the enemy has done to you and turn it into glory over you. God can and does also put us through hard times for certain reasons. Now i wouldn't say the rape was a God-given purpose, that is never anything from God.. but, he will now use that suffering into good. Maybe you'll be helping rape victims, bringing them to the Lord some day, you never know. you have to be aware of what season you are in, what trials you are going in, and reflect on what you're feeling and give the crappy stuff to God, and pick yourself up and push through. God will love you no matter what. but you have him now.. and you cannot live a double life. you cannot be half saved. half spiritual and half flesh. you either live for God or you don't. So when things are bad, you go to God, and trust in him, and seek him, and run after him & listen for him, and pray and worship, and you laugh when you want to cry, because you're laughing in the devils face. and you thank the Lord for all he's done and all you have because you are giving him praise and glory and he's giving you blessings... as opposed to something bad happening, and dwelling over that negative circumstance, and then going to drink, and cut... and the enemy and his demons are under you saying "yes! she noticed what we've done." giving them praise instead of God. or they are saying "awesome, she's sinning, she's being set farther apart from God, lets attack her now while she's already down." you have to keep that praise on God no matter what. REJOICE ALWAYS! because its spiritual warfare, and you are fighting on God's side.
and reading the word is so key... at least 15 mins a day... your spirit actually dies whenever you don't read the word. its spiritual food & knowledge & God speaks to us from the word.

try this stuff please. i know it is hard, believe me... if you only knew my testimony. ive been there. ive partied, drugs, drinking, sexual abuse, broken family, mental illness, suicide attempts, cutting, you name it. and then i got saved, and God changed my life. im not perfect, bad stuff still happens, im not as strong as i wish i was and i have backslid a bit myself since ive been saved, but you have to do these things and remind yourself of who you are now in Christ, and that "you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you."

if you ever need to talk, about anything, anytime, i am here ok? my email: [email protected]
you can also check out A Living Sacrifice

<3

Matthew4Jesus

May 7, 2011
I will pray for you with all my heart.
No matter what happens keep your faith, the Devil can try and take away anything else but if you keep your faith, you will be fine.

M

MarTaa_Pt

The most important thing is not losing your faith!
Believe that God will make something good happen in your life!
I don't know if you have good friends near you that might support you with all the troubles in your life but.. hey, you have us!

We love you even if we don't know you quite well or if you have all kinds of stuff, you know? Love you for who you are.
I know what it feels like living on the edge.. Trust me! I won that battle and I know that you can win this too. So be strong girl :D

I'd like to speak with you private, 'cause I have some things to talk with you so add : [email protected]

R

rodogg

Hi dear, God bless you, and I'll pray for you. I know how hard it is to deal with depression and suicidal thoughts, but believe me when I tell you that if you stay with Jesus continually everything WILL be ok. But it takes time. Time and then maybe some more time. But you will get there. There are so may things you can do to help yourself, but when you are depressed its hard to find the energy to do them. Read the psalms, as they will give you strength. Psalm 38 and The Book of Job have given me great encouragement in the past. And thank God for everything. For the fact that you have some health in your body, than you can walk, talk, sing, that you have life in you. Thanking him for what you DO have, instead of dwelling all the time on the negatives. But i know this is hard, its taken me a long time to discover. But it works. Amazingly well.
Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!

B

Brandon777

We are praying for you. God I pray that this young life look up to the wholesome, real, true lover of souls that you are. Lord Jesus, give her a new peace that emanates from the center of your good will for her.

L

lilflower2

I just want to say that God never said that your life would be perfect if you gave him your life. I'm not saying that he's glad about any of the things that happened to you; he knows your pain and he does not rejoice in it. Things were bound to get harder, but it seems like you've had it pretty bad.
:( And it was stated above that reading the Bible is not important right now. I strongly disagree. Listen to God's voice in his word! He wants to speak to you. The reason you are hesitant is because the enemy knows what you could become and he's utterly terrified of you. Don't give up, you are loved and you are needed. Talk to someone who can help you better than we can over the internet. I'll be praying!