My life is going horrible.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jacob12345

My mom died when I was 10 and she meant the world to me. I don't know why god would take her when she was the person I love so much. From there my life went downhill. I became shy people don't talk to me or like me. I do bad in sports and sometimes in school. I feel my life isn't complete without my mom. Please help me understand why god took her because I tried praying many many many times and I never get an answer. Thanks :I

Jeshuvan

Pastor
Staff member
Apr 15, 2012
Hi Jacob,God Bless You.I hope 2 meet u in the rooms so we can talk more,but 4 now please google David Ring a pastor who wondered the same thing,it will truly help u understand.Hope 2 meet u soon in the rooms.

J

jesus_freak116

Hi! I read your post and it struck home because I hate seeing young people going through such trials, but honestly there is no clear answer as to why God took your mother. However, He did not remove her from your soul completely. God says that with faith and trust, your prayers will be answered, but maybe this isnt a prayer He would like to answer at the moment or in the way you would like to hear it. God sometimes brings us through trials for lessons and to helkp us grow spiritually closer to Him. And sometimes He may bring us through trials to wake us up and make us realize we do not live forever. Never give up on anything that you do in life. Always work hard in everything you do and cling close to Him. Maybe a reason as to why is not something that God wants to give you. Focus on making Him your everything and making your mom proud :)

J

Jacob12345

So how do I invite jesus into my life when I already tried.

J

jesus_freak116

I think the word to that is FAITH! Faith is very scary and i struggle with it often as well. Trust with your whole heart and soul and give Jesus every piece of your everything! Maybe you should find a local pastor or adult that you feel safe talking with to tell them about your situation. You have to want Him as if there is nothing left on this whole entire world.

JoyfulFleur

Feb 2, 2014
I am very sorry what has happened to you. I'll be praying for you!

You might not be getting an answer because God is not to blame. Jacob, unless your mother specifically chose to die for Christ, God didn't take her away from you. He does not rob us of our lives...instead He gives us life, for He is life and the creator of life. I just want you to know that if you are holding a grudge against God for that, you need to let it go. God loves you, Jacob, He truly does! He wouldn't do something like that just so you could miss her and feel alone. That's not something He wishes upon anyone to endure. The incomplete void you feel can be filled again by Jesus. Just ask Him into your heart and repent of your sins. Talk to Him like you are talking to a friend! Share your heart with Him. :) Don't worry about not knowing what to say. He will listen to you either way! Speak from your heart. That's all that matters.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
JoyfulFleur is right, God did not take your mother. People die, it's just part of this fallen flesh. God did take her spirit, once it was free of this flesh, and created her soul anew on the other side. Think about it, she is now in her restored prime partying before the throne of God! I know you miss her, but isn't that cool to know that she's happy and healthy and new before God? See that's the source of mustard seed faith, knowing that in this fallen flesh we're going to experience fallen things, but once free of it we will experience everything the way God originally intended. Hang on to that, let that be your anchor. And then, you can import bits and pieces of it into this world.

And also realize that this isn't the last time you're going to see her. Far from. Soon enough you will be there with her and see her forever. This is nothing more than her catching an early flight to Hawaii. You've got your boarding pass, catch your flight when it comes and this'll all be long gone memories.

Bless you Jacob. When my flight arrives I'll make sure and look you up!

P

psalm6819

I'm so sorry that you lost your mother, that's very sad, especially for someone so young. Not everyone peaks in middle school, we all develope at our rate. People have gifts in different areas, not just sports, some are writers, artists, poets, builders, some people are mechanical, there are many kinds of intelligence not just book smart or being able to memorize. You are young, life streches out before you. In Jeremiah God says He has a plan for you, to ptotect you not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Don't give up, there are people in your life that will help if you reach out to them. God will put those kinds of people in your life to help you, so watch for them. God bless and comfort you,

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
Feel so sorry for you! But God will lead you! Will pray for ya.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
So how do I invite jesus into my life when I already tried.
I'm not familiar with churches in your area, and can not recommend a specific church. This web site (Churches :: Baptist Convention of Iowa) lists some churches to search for a working youth program in your state. Please find one and get involved. Your question will be answered. Keep us up to date with your progress.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Jacob, I am so sorry for what you're going through. I think we as humans always want to see some sort of "why" for the things we're going through, to make the trials easier to bear. Because if there is no "why", then we didn't need to go through the trial at all, right?

But we very rarely see the "whys", at least not until much, much later. Do you think that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego wanted to be thrown into a furnace? I'd guess that they were probably kind of scared. And yet they were okay in the end, and their story has glorified God and given hope to countless people since.

You will be okay, little brother. Everything will be okay. Ultimately, God will wipe away all of your tears, and you won't remember your sorrow anymore. Until that day, try to focus on things that you're thankful for and grow in Christ. You can talk to God about your hurts and feelings and problems, just tell Him how you feel, and know that He understands and hears you. And you're welcome to send me a message if you want to talk.

C

CEF

Jacob, I will be glad to help in whatever way. Not to long ago I lost my aunt she meant the world to me as well. What happens is we are so focused on the negative side we don't want to start thinking about the positive side. We are to busy focused on ourselves we feel like we've got it the worst. I'm praying for you and anyway I can help, just message me. God doesn't cause bad things in our life that comes directly from the devil. Blame the devil not God.

E

Eva1218

I can not say why GOD took your mom while you were young. But what I can do is try to encourage you. Serve GOD and be the best person you can be. Seek Godly counsel from a professional in order to deal with how you are feeling. Know GOD has a plan we don't always understand. I will pray for you and with you to overcome your obstacles and be a blessing to someone else who is dealing with similar situations. Talk to GOD as a FATHER lean on HIM not just for answers but for Healing. Speak life to your situation and not death don't say your life is horrible but speak it is well with your soul. What you speak is what you will deal with. Please do not give up on yourself.

GOD Bless!!!!!!! :")

May 14, 2014
Hi Jacob, dont down yourself too much, God has His purpose in your life and I cant say why did He took your mom, sometimes God takes people we Love to let us see what He can do to our lives even with or without someone we really depend on because He is there. All I can say is cheer up and dont focus on your problems because God is bigger than all of them. Maybe all you need to do is to focus on God. I believe He will do great things in your life, and can turn all of those pains and failures into a testimony and an encouragement to people. Ill pray for you :)) God is the best way you can take to move on, He has great plans with you :))

myfriendtiny

Jan 19, 2014
My mom died when I was 10 and she meant the world to me. I don't know why god would take her when she was the person I love so much. From there my life went downhill. I became shy people don't talk to me or like me. I do bad in sports and sometimes in school. I feel my life isn't complete without my mom. Please help me understand why god took her because I tried praying many many many times and I never get an answer. Thanks :I
I am Sorry that your mom died whenever you where 10..Will be prayin 4 ya..

S

Samcas

Hi, my name is Sam and I lost my dad when i was 11. This is driving me crazy. I am suicidal. I know how you're feeling. God bless you. and never forget: He knows what is good for you.