My prayer was shocking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So I was just on a very long walk, in which I do a lot to talk to God. For some reason God and I can connect on a very powerful level on walks. I was in a constant prayer speaking my heart to him. Now often times he speaks through me, I say words and somehow feel it is him speaking to me. so as we were talking to together I said a word I have never heard before. when I said this sentence I knew he was talking to me, I said I adorn you. I had no clue what this meant and wondered if it was even a word, then questioned if maybe I was just saying random nonsense because I often have to be very careful in believing what I say is actually God speaking or just me speaking.

So I just Got home and searched for the word and found this:a·dorn (
-dôrn
)tr.v. a·dorned, a·dorn·ing, a·dorns 1. To lend beauty to: "the pale mimosas that adorned the favorite promenade" (Ronald Firbank).
2. To enhance or decorate with or as if with ornaments: "[He] requires the presence of titles to legitimate and adorn . . . his imperfect status" (Cynthia Ozick).

This came to me as quite a shock, even just finding the word I said that I don't believe I have ever read or heard of actually existed came to me as a shock as well. Does anyone else have these kinds of moment? Or am I just weird?

D

danschance

It is always amazing to hear what God is saying to you. When God speaks to me it is with very few words but those few words are amazing.

My wife left me after an affair she had. I had asked God if I should divorce her and he said "not now". Two years later I was still waiting for her and growing impatient. On the cell I spoke to a Christian friend about how long it had been scince she left me. Then God told me, right in the middle of my conversation, "I waited longer for you". I almost cried. I left God for more than a decade and His words jolted me. God is amazing.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
It is always amazing to hear what God is saying to you. When God speaks to me it is with very few words but those few words are amazing.

My wife left me after an affair she had. I had asked God if I should divorce her and he said "not now". Two years later I was still waiting for her and growing impatient. On the cell I spoke to a Christian friend about how long it had been scince she left me. Then God told me, right in the middle of my conversation, "I waited longer for you". I almost cried. I left God for more than a decade and His words jolted me. God is amazing.
I am sorry you had to go through that, but it seems God was with you the entire time :]

E

evenatthedoors

So I was just on a very long walk, in which I do a lot to talk to God. For some reason God and I can connect on a very powerful level on walks. I was in a constant prayer speaking my heart to him. Now often times he speaks through me, I say words and somehow feel it is him speaking to me. so as we were talking to together I said a word I have never heard before. when I said this sentence I knew he was talking to me, I said I adorn you. I had no clue what this meant and wondered if it was even a word, then questioned if maybe I was just saying random nonsense because I often have to be very careful in believing what I say is actually God speaking or just me speaking.

So I just Got home and searched for the word and found this:a·dorn (
-dôrn
)tr.v. a·dorned, a·dorn·ing, a·dorns 1. To lend beauty to: "the pale mimosas that adorned the favorite promenade" (Ronald Firbank).
2. To enhance or decorate with or as if with ornaments: "[He] requires the presence of titles to legitimate and adorn . . . his imperfect status" (Cynthia Ozick).

This came to me as quite a shock, even just finding the word I said that I don't believe I have ever read or heard of actually existed came to me as a shock as well. Does anyone else have these kinds of moment? Or am I just weird?

more than that...you are God's glory...God chooses to be glorified through you...why He asks not to turn His glory into shame...leave alone adorn...but you are God's glory Himself

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm still trying to figure out why it is 'shocking' as the title of the thread states.

Feb 16, 2011
One time the words shut up just came out of my mouth, then I gave a tongues and interpretation. I wasn't walking but I was alone talking to the Lord.

G

Graybeard

The words "shut up" comes out my mouth a lot.......as I tend to garble negative rubbish frequently.
I don't think it is God speaking through me, just that I realize what I'm saying is stoopid.........just saying

Last edited by a moderator:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I'm still trying to figure out why it is 'shocking' as the title of the thread states.
well I guess because I didn't expect God to really speak to me in that way, he is far to beautiful and majestic that I don't even deserve to say his name. And then he comes and says I will adorn you.... this is the God I fell in love with. He is the reason I keep going in life and my faith. I have never seen heaven nor do I know the kind of treasures I will have their, but I have made it very clear to him many times that there is no greater treasure to me than him in heaven nor on earth.

I have even mentioned to him how heaven and eternal life means nothing to me if he wasn't there. If he wants to adorn me I want much more of him. I want to wrap myself and fill myself with all he is, the jewels can be his love and faithfulness. The robe can be he truth and mercy and everything else inside and out can be all that is inside that precious heart of his. Do you hear me Lord? lol but no I am serious, this is how I wish to be adorned

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
well I guess because I didn't expect God to really speak to me in that way, he is far to beautiful and majestic that I don't even deserve to say his name. And then he comes and says I will adorn
Why were you surprised or shocked? You're always telling us how the Lord spoke to you...it should be old hat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Why were you surprised or shocked? You're always telling us how the Lord spoke to you...it should be old hat.
Well because I have been going through a very difficult season in which I have sinned so much that I didn't even think he would answer prayers. I made the testimony about it in the singles forum

S

savedandhopeful

My oldest son struggles with substance abuse and suicide, three summers ago he almost succeeded in taking his own life, this was on July 30th, in October of that year I was scheduled to attend a women's conference with women from my church...well I was not going to go, but my husband talked me into going....I went with my son heavy on my heart...on the first night during the worship I had a overwhelming sense of quiet in my spirit, and in that instance I heard the words ". Let him fall , I will catch him" I am crying as I type this because it still gets to me....I will never forget how I felt the rest of that weekend....God is so loving and he never let's us go through stuff alone...I did not believe it before that weekend...but that was undeniable proof ....

S

savedandhopeful

I just read your OP again, sorry I did not mean to go off topic...

L

Lindasue

A wonderful inspiration and blessing, thank you for sharing.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i'm shocked you'd never heard the word "adorn" before :D

may Christ adorn us! put Him on like a rich, warm garment.

I

inloveandhopless

But you forget he loves you as he does his son. There is no stronger love

R

reject-tech

So I was just on a very long walk, in which I do a lot to talk to God. For some reason God and I can connect on a very powerful level on walks.
YES!
Notice the turns in the path - how you can't see around them but can hear, notice the farthest point on straightaways, notice the width of the path, notice the things you pass by, the smells, the texture of the path, sound of the feet, count the groups of birds, pay attention to everything.

Jesus used walking as one of His centerpieces for teaching.
I think it's most of what He did in the years prior to His ministry. Imagine the places He might have gone and the things He might have encountered, the people He might have met and chilled with for moments.
If you walk, it helps you understand "walk"

Was refreshing to hear someone bring it up, if only for a moment.

Last edited by a moderator: